Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 02:35 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Aside from children with compromised health to begin with, why would any healthy child be as risk? What risks are you speaking of?
Children who have an unknown, underlying genetic predisposition for developing autism.

Quote:
Yes, like putting your children in harms way because of some abstract fear. The real risk for the child who is not vaccinated is having a parent who is phonic, over reactionary, and anxiety prone. Unless you live in the sticks, I can't imagine never coming into contact with people from other countries who may be carrying some disease that we have vaccines for.
Phonic? over-reactionary and anxiety -prone? Lol! I think you are projecting your anxieties and fears onto others.

Quote:
Yes, so that makes them a paranoid, and phobic parent and a very poor citizen and example to their children. Those are the kind of people who expect OTHERS to protect their child through herd immunity, all the while spreading and carrying diseases. How thoughtful of them.
Your opinion.

Quote:
Unless you have a religious issue with vaccines, an allergy of some sort, or you have medical issues and it would harm you, I just don't see the rational. You can spread the vaccines out, you don't have to get the 3 in one doses. But not doing it at all makes me question a persons mental health.
Not that I think there is anything wrong with someone who has made the decision to forgo vaccinations all together because that is their decision to make but did you not see my post where I mentioned that we have selectively vaccinated?

Old 09-14-2010, 02:38 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,456 times
Again: I rather my child develop autism or some other disorder then for them to die of something that could have been prevented.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
Again: I rather my child develop autism or some other disorder then for them to die of something that could have been prevented.
That is your right and responsibility as a parent to do what you feel is in the best interest of your child. Another parent may choose a different path.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:57 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Children who have an unknown, underlying genetic predisposition for developing autism.
Well most genetic defects come out at a pretty young age. Usually before they are even born.

Quote:
Phonic? over-reactionary and anxiety -prone? Lol! I think you are projecting your anxieties and fears onto others.
I really don't have anxiety or fears over catching something from vaccines or from people. My kids are vaccinated and hopefully they will work. I live in a very populated area with many people from various countries. If I was worried, I would have ran off to the boonies for isolation. I just can't understand why fear is a valid reason for not vaccinating your kids.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:07 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
I know a few families who believe that their child's autism was triggered by vaccination. I don't think that all cases are related to vaccination but I think it's possible that some are.
LOTS of people THINK their child's autism is related to vaccination...

Problem is there isn't a single shred of evidence to prove it and EVERY study to date has shown NO CORRELATION....NONE

Based on the available scientific data, your statement that you still believe it is possible that vaccination leads to some cases of autism is no different than me saying that I think its possible that Cherry KoolAid is responsible for some cases of autism...

Both statements have equal backing from available scientific evidence....

Old 09-14-2010, 03:17 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
This study focuses strictly on thimerosal and ignores every other ingredient in vaccinations.
Ummm....noooo

Unless you are shooting babies up with pure thimerosal than the infants were STILL getting all those other nasty vaccine ingredients and they STILL weren't developing autism at a higher rate than controls....

Old 09-14-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
LOTS of people THINK their child's autism is related to vaccination...
Then how can you be so confident in dismissing every single one of those parents beliefs. They know their children better then anyone else.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:45 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
Then how can you be so confident in dismissing every single one of those parents beliefs. They know their children better then anyone else.
They also know how to blame anything other than a defective gene pool.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:48 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
They also know how to blame anything other than a defective gene pool.

Agreed, It is not Vaccine companies fault that there child has a defective gene. Most parents should know there family background and if anything like this has happened in their family. Nothing but genes is to blame.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
Agreed, It is not Vaccine companies fault that there child has a defective gene. Most parents should know there family background and if anything like this has happened in their family. Nothing but genes is to blame.
Not necessarily the case. Gene mutations can happen prior to birth or after birth. If there is a genetic factor involved it does not necessarily mean that it has been in the family for generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting