Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 07:54 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I know...I keep saying I need to get out and water my trees...
Guess what I'm going to do today....

It's not even 8 am and it's 51 degrees!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 09:20 AM

13,421 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Soooo.... I decided last night that there's no way I can finish the project on time when the band's list of things to do (most which stem from the fact that everybody who has a mac and can play an instrument these days thinks they are Jay friggin Z when making a record and they don't give it to me recorded with any finesse or professionalism) gets longer every time I send them a mix, not shorter like it's supposed to.

Anyway, I just sent them an email to that effect (much more diplomatically) and I'm waiting for their response. I'm going to stay calm and remember that I can only do so much and am willing to do it but I am under no responsibility to kill myself in the process and that their world will not come to an end if they do not get it mastered tomorrow, but wait until after Christmas. Phew. There, I said it.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:10 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Finster, I hadn't realised you were in the music business. A lot of my family and friends are in the industry. The musicians are more, um..... "interesting" than anybody else. Including the nut-job actors. Take a deep breath and vent here as necessary.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Finster, I hadn't realised you were in the music business. A lot of my family and friends are in the industry. The musicians are more, um..... "interesting" than anybody else. Including the nut-job actors. Take a deep breath and vent here as necessary.
Yes, "interesting" is a good word for musicians. You gotta love em though. I should be used to it by now, I've been doing it 25 plus years.

Thank you, I shall breathe deeply and vent, when applicable.

All is good now, though, they are more receptive than I thought they'd be to extending this a little. I must stop projecting how I think other people are going to react to things. It really is a bad fault of mine.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:44 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Glad it worked out OK.....I do the same thing WRT projecting....I end up spending sleepless nights worrying over nothing....If you figure out how not to do that, please share!

OK....I need to clean up from lunch and head back to the office....have a wonderful afternoon everyone!

Old 12-09-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Glad it worked out OK.....I do the same thing WRT projecting....I end up spending sleepless nights worrying over nothing....If you figure out how not to do that, please share!

OK....I need to clean up from lunch and head back to the office....have a wonderful afternoon everyone!
Thanks maciesmom, will do, if I ever stop doing it. Still working on that one.

Hey DewDrop, I see you mentioned the El Capitan in the other thread. The manager there was a dear friend of mine, and I used to go for free all the time when I lived in Hollywood. It was great, he'd always hook us up with those popcorn buckets they have too.

Sadly, he's since passed, just a couple of months ago. I always get teary about it when I see the El Capitan sign on the opening credits of Jimmy Kimmel's show. That place brings back a lot of good memories!

Old 12-09-2010, 02:35 PM

Very small world, Finster! Don't mean to scare you but since you're in the business, and with your L.A. connections we may have mutual friends!

I grew up going to the El Capitan, Lowe's in H'W, The Egyptian, Warner's, Cinerama Dome. The Bruin, when I was in college, was like a second home. Sorry about your loosing such a good friend. That is always hard. Condolences.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Very small world, Finster! Don't mean to scare you but since you're in the business, and with your L.A. connections we may have mutual friends!

I grew up going to the El Capitan, Lowe's in H'W, The Egyptian, Warner's, Cinerama Dome. The Bruin, when I was in college, was like a second home. Sorry about your loosing such a good friend. That is always hard. Condolences.
I bet we do. Or at the very least, probably only about 1 or 2 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

The Egyptian - I never saw anything there because I don't think they had movies anymore when I got to HW - but I've spent plenty of time in the courtyard having a ciggie while drinking at the Pig and Whistle.

Love the Cinerama Dome - I remember they were going to tear it down but there was such an uproar they didn't do it. Would've been a shame. I think the recent gentrification of Hollywood is both good and bad.

Thanks for the kind words.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I bet we do. Or at the very least, probably only about 1 or 2 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

The Egyptian - I never saw anything there because I don't think they had movies anymore when I got to HW - but I've spent plenty of time in the courtyard having a ciggie while drinking at the Pig and Whistle.

Love the Cinerama Dome - I remember they were going to tear it down but there was such an uproar they didn't do it. Would've been a shame. I think the recent gentrification of Hollywood is both good and bad.

Thanks for the kind words.
I associate the "old" movies with the theaters I saw them in as a kid. Mad, Mad World at the Cinerama Dome. It had just opened and was a HUGE deal. Saw it opening weekend. We play the "Kevin Bacon Game" a lot. Growing up in So Cal when there were millions fewer people. Everybody knew everybody.

Hope your day ended up going well!

Old 12-10-2010, 06:34 PM

For those of you who were actually doing something productive Friday evening: Be sure you read the "Spin off from the nanny thread" thread. Do not miss pages 10 and 11.

BTW AnonChick: I really, truly love your knowledge of diets. Good stuff!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting