Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 09:46 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
You guys are crackin' me up. I'm an April 15th girl. But then again, I'm also an anal retentive bookkeeper which might explain it.
I was an April 15th girl until I learned that April 15th wasn't set in stone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I'm a terrible procrastinator. There is no reason in the world mine aren't done by the end of Feb. Ours aren't even complicated. I just don't do it. I buy the software and get it 80% done..I...just...can't....finish...it. Bad bad habit.
I know! Mine could be done by the end of January! I finished them on April 15th this year.

I had great intetions, but I suddenly thought MAYBE I might figure out a way to get a bigger refund if I reviewed it again!

Did I ever get around to reviewing it again? Noooooooooooooo!

Anyways, it's filed! 20 minutes to spare too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 09:46 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Okay, this made me laugh. I really need to loosen up probably...
Nah..you're much better off....especially with the FAFSA - they like to have all that early. Especially with larger universities and potentially limited scholarship pots....get it done and be glad. I'm a procrastinator but then I lay awake at night worrying about it. Not a good situation. You'd think I would just get it done and get some sleep...but NOOOOO....that would be WAY too easy. I really envy people who are "on the ball" more than me. I'm like that in a lot of ways though. I don't mind laundry but I have problems getting it put away. I never minded sewing but the hemming was an issue....I'm sure there is some deep-rooted psychological explanation for this...

Old 10-14-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I just thought MAYBE I might figure out a way to get a bigger refund if I reviewed it again!
LOL - I know EXACTLY what you mean. I get it done and then like to wait a day to review it one last time with a fresh eye. But then I realize I haven't put in the part of the car registration fee that is deductable and I have to remember to get that out of DH's car....for some reason that seems to take...about 4 months!

Old 10-14-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Nah..you're much better off....especially with the FAFSA - they like to have all that early. Especially with larger universities and potentially limited scholarship pots....get it done and be glad.
Yep. I learned that this year. I did the FAFSA based on what I had compiled, and they notified me to send a paper copy, which I did.

I'm going to be on the ball for next year. I swear!

Quote:
I'm a procrastinator but then I lay awake at night worrying about it. Not a good situation. You'd think I would just get it done and get some sleep...but NOOOOO....that would be WAY too easy. I really envy people who are "on the ball" more than me.
I'm the same way except I don't lose sleep over anything. I guess a B-12 deficiency is good for something!

Quote:
I'm like that in a lot of ways though. I don't mind laundry but I have problems getting it put away. I never minded sewing but the hemming was an issue....
THAT'S ME! I'll do the dishes and quit when there's just a few left!

Quote:
I'm sure there is some deep-rooted psychological explanation for this...
Oh, yeah! For sure! I prefer to believe that I bore easily with the mundane!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
LOL - I know EXACTLY what you mean. I get it done and then like to wait a day to review it one last time with a fresh eye. But then I realize I haven't put in the part of the car registration fee that is deductable and I have to remember to get that out of DH's car....for some reason that seems to take...about 4 months!
You just made me laugh so hard I went into a coughing fit! I've been there, done that!

What's most pathetic is I had to file tonight because I would need to find the file folder with all the paperwork I would need to attach if I mailed it later!!

That would have taken the entire three year deadline before I got around to looking for it!

It's not like I'm totally disorganized. I'm sure it's right where it needs to be. It's just the motivation to go get the file, make copies, attach, and mail.

I'm hopeless. Don't let the name Hopes mislead you!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm going to be on the ball for next year. I swear!
I've said THAT before....many, many times.

Quote:
I'm the same way except I don't lose sleep over anything. I guess a B-12 deficiency is good for something!
Lucky you...I lose sleep over EVERYTHING. Seriously. I'm a total worry wart. It's horrible. I often times have to fall asleep listening to sports talk on the radio at night. It's just the right balance of interesting and boring. Otherwise my mind creates things to worry about. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Quote:
Oh, yeah! For sure! I prefer to believe that I bore easily with the mundane!
Yes. I'm sure that must be it.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Okay, this made me laugh. I really need to loosen up probably...
No, no! You're FINE! You DON'T want to be like us! Be glad to be you! We WISH we were YOU!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
It's not like I'm totally disorganized. I'm sure it's right where it needs to be. It's just the motivation to go get the file, make copies, attach, and mail.
Online bill-pay and tax filing is the best thing to ever happen to me. I have some sort of mental block when it comes to mailing things. Fortunately I get a good discount with FedEx through work or my family would never get their Christmas gifts....until....Valentine's Day.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I've said THAT before....many, many times.
Me too! But there's college money riding on this now! I'm hoping that motivates me!

Quote:
Lucky you...I lose sleep over EVERYTHING. Seriously. I'm a total worry wart. It's horrible. I often times have to fall asleep listening to sports talk on the radio at night. It's just the right balance of interesting and boring. Otherwise my mind creates things to worry about. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Prior to getting sick, I would be like that if there was a huge problem---like fighting the school district, worrying about my kids, etc. Since my B-12 deficiency, I can sleep for 12 hours straight without effort. I could sit down anywhere, anytime and sleep. I do need the ceiling fan on at night though. I fall alseep listening to the swish, swish sound. I just focus on that. It relaxes me. I don't think I could do radio sports talk! You go girl!

Quote:
Yes. I'm sure that must be it.
That HAS to be it!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:18 PM

OK....off to bed...or to listen to sports talk on the radio..LOL...I'm good as long as they are talking about football! If they start on soccer (don't follow it) or baseball (my teams are out of contention) or hockey (too early in the season to care much yet) or basketball (don't follow it) then I'm sunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting