U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 PM

17,117 posts, read 12,452,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
Oh I cant wait till my daughter gets into her teens and is a big pain and all Im just gunna say is "Be Nice, I had to push your big head out of me and I was struggling for 27 hours"
Yeah.....she'll just roll her eyes at you....trust me on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 05:52 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,108,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Exactly! It's been a while since I've even used that line....it was only funny to me in the first place anyway. I don't want to completely gross him out.

Let's face it, when you have to look UP at them to try and make wise crack comments it kind of loses it's punch.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 PM

43,017 posts, read 50,553,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
By the way has anyone ever bought lighting like a chandelier or pendant light from Pottery Barn and what are your views?
I haven't. But I hang out in the interior decorating forum under the home forum, and the people there will be able to give you lots of feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
So do they give you B-12 shots and that's what's making you sleep better? How did they discover that?
I wish I could tell you that's the magic sleeping pill. It's not. A B-12 deficiency causes tiredness. When it's really bad, it's anemia and triedness becomes sheer exhaustion. Nothing could keep me awake. I could sleep anywhere. I fell asleep once while I was STANDING in my livingroom TALKING to my husband. I was in midsentence and I just closed my eyes and fell over. Hubby caught me. The B-12 shots give me energy, but never enough energy to give me insomnia. It's more like the B-12 shots just keep me going. They don't make my deficiency go away.

Quote:
I have horrible sleep problems. I can fall asleep fine. I can't stay asleep. I usually wake up at 2 am and I'm awake for a couple of hours. Frustrating because I'm always tired.
Could you be depressed? Could you be stressed? Could it be pre-menopause? Stress, anxiety, menopause and caffeine cause insomnia.

Sleep disorders like sleep apnea cause insomnia too. Doctors can diagnose that with a sleep study. My sister in law has it. She sleeps with a mask of some sort and she says that it gives her the most restful, refreshing sleep she has ever had in her life.

I'd talk to my doctor if it has been going on for more than a few months. There is treatment and hope for insomnia.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
Oh I cant wait till my daughter gets into her teens and is a big pain and all Im just gunna say is "Be Nice, I had to push your big head out of me and I was struggling for 27 hours"
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Quote:
Exactly! It's been a while since I've even used that line....it was only funny to me in the first place anyway. I don't want to completely gross him out.

Let's face it, when you have to look UP at them to try and make wise crack comments it kind of loses it's punch.
Yeah, the guilt just doesn't work like it did on past generations.

I tried, "I carried you for 9 months, suffered 18 hours of back labor without medication, gave you life, and didn't sleep for three months after you were born."

Like maciesmom said, my daughter rolled her eyes and said, "Stop the drama, Mom."

LMAO!

Old 10-16-2010, 05:35 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,863,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I haven't. But I hang out in the interior decorating forum under the home forum, and the people there will be able to give you lots of feedback.

I wish I could tell you that's the magic sleeping pill. It's not. A B-12 deficiency causes tiredness. When it's really bad, it's anemia and triedness becomes sheer exhaustion. Nothing could keep me awake. I could sleep anywhere. I fell asleep once while I was STANDING in my livingroom TALKING to my husband. I was in midsentence and I just closed my eyes and fell over. Hubby caught me. The B-12 shots give me energy, but never enough energy to give me insomnia. It's more like the B-12 shots just keep me going. They don't make my deficiency go away.

Could you be depressed? Could you be stressed? Could it be pre-menopause? Stress, anxiety, menopause and caffeine cause insomnia.

Sleep disorders like sleep apnea cause insomnia too. Doctors can diagnose that with a sleep study. My sister in law has it. She sleeps with a mask of some sort and she says that it gives her the most restful, refreshing sleep she has ever had in her life.

I'd talk to my doctor if it has been going on for more than a few months. There is treatment and hope for insomnia.
Thanks Hopes!

Errr today was one of those days! Don't you guys just hate when you have one of those days that everything and anything goes wrong!

I just had a massive spat with my bank and Walmart because Walmart charged me twice for my groceries! Then I tried to go pumpkin and apple picking with Baby X which we never got to do because we ended up getting a flat tire. I tell you, I better hit the lottery next week after this string of bad luck!

Old 10-16-2010, 07:01 PM

22,229 posts, read 13,039,982 times
Mrs. X, I really, really, really hope the rest of your weekend is better. Hope you weren't someplace awful when you got the flat.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Errr today was one of those days! Don't you guys just hate when you have one of those days that everything and anything goes wrong!

I just had a massive spat with my bank and Walmart because Walmart charged me twice for my groceries! Then I tried to go pumpkin and apple picking with Baby X which we never got to do because we ended up getting a flat tire.
(((((Mrs. X)))))

I would have gone straight to bed when I got home!

Old 10-17-2010, 03:29 PM

3,435 posts, read 1,257,443 times
Is it just me or does this board seem more quiet lately?

Old 10-17-2010, 09:05 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,863,418 times
Thanks DewDrop and Hopes! I did come home and go straight to bed.

Lisalan, I think every one is just busy out getting their shopping for Halloween and other tid bits done.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Is it just me or does this board seem more quiet lately?
It is quieter. I think it's partially due to a few things.

---The weather is beautiful! Summer is over and it's not hot outside. Very little rain. It's perfect.

---the pregnancy forum was recently created. I think some people are spending time there now.

---School started. Parents with school-aged children are busy with homework and running kids around for sports.

---There's not much drama lately here either. Sadly, drama seems to keep the board hopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting