U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
 
5,259 posts, read 4,736,844 times
Reputation: 3175
Excuse me for butting in...but I"ve heard so much about Trader Joes being the greatest store ever, by some people's accounts. I've never been to one, but is it similar to Whole Foods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-20-2010, 03:35 PM
 
Location: In Line For The E Ticket Ride
20,654 posts, read 11,091,093 times
Reputation: 22089
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Excuse me for butting in...but I"ve heard so much about Trader Joes being the greatest store ever, by some people's accounts. I've never been to one, but is it similar to Whole Foods?
You are not butting in! That's what this thread is for. Welcome.

Some people are Trader Joe's regulars so they could probably give you a better explanation but... They have groceries, basically. Produce, juices, snacks, frozen foods. Some of it private label, some of it not. They're known for their nice wine selection, but after too many bottles of two buck chuck Merlot at my sister's I dispute that particular claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Denver area
16,749 posts, read 11,270,964 times
Reputation: 18390
I don't know but I thinks it's a little less "yuppified" than WF (from talking to people who have or have been to both)....I can't imagine Whole Paycheck selling much of anything for $2 ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Denver area
16,749 posts, read 11,270,964 times
Reputation: 18390
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Did you check the Science and Technology threads here on CD?
You know, I didn't even think about it....The idea for it hadn't even crossed my mind until at Best Buy with DD yesterday...apparently they think DH would like it ..... it's pretty much out of my realm...I came home and did some looking around and researching (which is kind of more my realm) and I think I found what I was looking for.....hitting the button for "buy it now" is still somewhat daunting to me though.......Although, it does beat going to the mall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 03:43 PM
 
Location: In Line For The E Ticket Ride
20,654 posts, read 11,091,093 times
Reputation: 22089
The Whole Foods nearest me is in the "got bucks" section of town. Down the street from the Ferrari dealership. I've never been in simply because I figure with their rent I can't afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 03:47 PM
 
Location: In Line For The E Ticket Ride
20,654 posts, read 11,091,093 times
Reputation: 22089
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You know, I didn't even think about it....The idea for it hadn't even crossed my mind until at Best Buy with DD yesterday...apparently they think DH would like it ..... it's pretty much out of my realm...I came home and did some looking around and researching (which is kind of more my realm) and I think I found what I was looking for.....hitting the button for "buy it now" is still somewhat daunting to me though.......Although, it does beat going to the mall
Since I moved to the sticks I've bought a lot of stuff on line. I'm trying to convince my sister that if they move out of So Cal they'll save money simply because she won't be able to go to Fashion Island on a whim or bip over to the grocery store for milk and come home with designer pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Denver area
16,749 posts, read 11,270,964 times
Reputation: 18390
Dew -I think you have Sprouts don't you? That's more my speed....(food-wise, not shopping online wise...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 03:51 PM
 
5,259 posts, read 4,736,844 times
Reputation: 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You are not butting in! That's what this thread is for. Welcome.

Some people are Trader Joe's regulars so they could probably give you a better explanation but... They have groceries, basically. Produce, juices, snacks, frozen foods. Some of it private label, some of it not. They're known for their nice wine selection, but after too many bottles of two buck chuck Merlot at my sister's I dispute that particular claim.
Thanks

I just visited their website and it looks really cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 04:00 PM
 
Location: In Line For The E Ticket Ride
20,654 posts, read 11,091,093 times
Reputation: 22089
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Dew -I think you have Sprouts don't you? That's more my speed....(food-wise, not shopping online wise...)
You know, I think there are Sprouts around. I should stop in and take a look. There's not much in my immediate area but a (very nice) Safeway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 04:01 PM
 
1,933 posts, read 1,655,873 times
Reputation: 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Excuse me for butting in...but I"ve heard so much about Trader Joes being the greatest store ever, by some people's accounts. I've never been to one, but is it similar to Whole Foods?
I have never been to Trader Joe's when I lived in NYC because I am a massive fan of Fairway. But within my circle of friends the debate has caused the Trade Joe-Whole Foods war. Some of my friends are strictly Trader Joe fans. They say the food and price is a whole lot better than that of Whole Foods. They claim its tastier and better wine selection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top