Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:02 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,845,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Welcome to the newer posters. Let the games begin!

~gets out the whip~ indeed! . And for further knowledge, my kids still co sleep with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,055,404 times
All of them? How old are they?

I still never wanted them in my bed, and they still sleep in theirs! It's all good!

Old 10-06-2011, 10:47 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,845,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
All of them? How old are they?

I still never wanted them in my bed, and they still sleep in theirs! It's all good!

Almost 9 with the twins and seven with my son.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:53 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,851,675 times
I think you as a parent have to ask yourself who this is for, you or the children. I think having "sleepover" nights on occasion are fun and it's nice to have the closeness, but on an every night basis? I think individual family members have to differentiate from each other or they become too enmeshed, which isn't that healthy for anyone.

Last edited by gimme it; 10-06-2011 at 12:33 PM..

Old 10-06-2011, 03:33 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,209,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I have a bit of an issue with some of my friends....my family and i co sleep. I'm have 2, 7 year old twins girls and a 5 year old boy and we all sleep every night in a bed soft comfy bed along with the hubby. The children actually do have their own rooms for privacy and sometimes they do sleep in them, but for the most part they tendto snuggle up with us every night. The are very well adjusted smart kids with no anxiety issues i can see or seperation problems so i thought this was no issue as this is something both my hubby and i were raised like. Well until i mentioned to a group of moms at a book club and every one of the 10 gave me the "what are you thinking glance". I got the argument "your kids will be whiny" "they will never learn to leave the nest" "you must have no sex life" the last of which is far from true . Am i nuts though to think what we are doing is okay? Or am i really doing something wrong here?
Hey paganmama80....enjoy your young family...YOU and hubby raise those kids in whatever way satisfies you and makes you all happy....nothing wrong with that...AT ALL!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 03:38 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,851,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Hey paganmama80....enjoy your young family...YOU and hubby raise those kids in whatever way satisfies you and makes you all happy....nothing wrong with that...AT ALL!!!
Giving your kids a ton of sugar and letting them watch hours of tv makes them happy too, but you know that it's not necessarily good for them...

Old 10-06-2011, 04:50 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,844,040 times
I think it is ironic that I read this thread today. DD6 is very independent. She sleeps in her own room every night. She likes being in her own room because she likes her space when she sleeps. Dh went out of town yesterday so she slept in my bed with me. She asks to sleep with me about half of the time that DH is out of town. She calls it Mommy-DD sleepovers. Whe does it because she thinks it is a fun sleepover. I see nothing wrong with that. It is fun bonding time for us, and has kind of become our tradition.

How I feel about co-sleeping in general? I guess I feel the same way about that as I do about most parenting decisions. Whatever works for your family.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:36 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,650,599 times
I used to live in SE Asia and I remember being surprised by how many of the families co-sleep. Its really not a big deal there and the kids are as happy and well adjusted. My step cousin was the youngest and was in bed with one of her sibs and her parents until about 10. She left when she was ready.

It really is only a cultural issue not a developmental one.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:53 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,363,183 times
I think its fine, we often do musical beds at night (more than one kid joins us, an adult bails to join another kid). I'm not sure if I missed a clarification on actually having intercourse in bed with them when too lazy to find an alternative. that part, is gross.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,404,347 times
Co-sleeping and 'musical beds' at night - will come to an end one day so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Once my son got to about 10 years old - he just stopped coming into my room at night. No word from me; he just stopped on his own.

We were both ready!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting