Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:04 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
LOL when I was 15 the phone was attached to the wall and had a really long spiraled cord that would get twisted and tangled and you would have to unplug it to get it untwisted. The ubiquitous sign of a teenagers bedroom was the phone cord running from the hall phone under the bedroom door.
Oh how far we've come.
Just today, while I was still at work between puking sessions, I rang up a lady who was buying a coffee maker, which had more controls and options than my blackberry....there is no way I would have been able to figure out that coffee maker..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 02:45 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
When my kids were home sick they were allowed to do whatever they wanted to comfort themselves. If they had fevers they usually just wanted to sleep. If they had stomach issues they usually just wanted to lay on the couch and moan. Other things like chicken pox, bronchitis, colds, flu, etc. usually meant watching TV or videos. If they were home because they were contagious I didn't see the need to "punish" them with pointless rules.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:53 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
It's so unusual for my kids to miss school that my son's middle school band teacher emailed me last spring when he missed two days is a row. She noticed over the 3 years he was in her class that he NEVER misses school so she was worried when he missed 2 days in a row.

When the kids are home sick they are permitted to watch tv, play video games, watch movies, read books, listen to music, etc....They are hardly ever home sick so I don't worry that they are taking advantage.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:33 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
If we were well enough to sit up and watch TV, we were well enough to go to school. End of story.

My parents had the same sentiments as yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting