U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 02:40 PM

707 posts, read 810,100 times
I'm so glad my Fiancee is in IT! Im only going to be blocking the internet for school until middle school. After that they can go on w.e sites they want. You also can't block internet on Ipod, they can easily access it through an Ipod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 02:52 PM

10,090 posts, read 11,103,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKeeting View Post
Yes I should have worded that I know a lot of parents these thays do know these things. Have either grown up with them as I have or learnt themself. I don't think it comes down so much to knowing your way around a computer.

I just think too many still rely on things such as purchased safeguard software and passwords for the computer. Even if a teenage is not that computer litterate one of their friends is bound to be.
We don't use monitoring software for the kids. We prefer to allow our kids to prove to us that they can use technology responsibly. We have had a few bumps along the way but we have dealt with them face to face not by relying on a software program.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:25 PM

4,473 posts, read 5,891,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
We don't use monitoring software for the kids. We prefer to allow our kids to prove to us that they can use technology responsibly. We have had a few bumps along the way but we have dealt with them face to face not by relying on a software program.
Same here.

My son has a lap top. If he's on it he's usually right here by me in the office on his half of the desk - I can look any time to see what he's doing. If he's not here, he's usually sitting next to me on the couch or at least somewhere where I can walk up any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting