Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 02:48 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I was over their houses and chit chatted with their moms...and they told me a bit....and never once did i hear one say my son complained girls only want him for sex. I mean sure some whined they didn't get girlfriends.....but not that
There's two possible reasons for that; a) your friends didn't have girls who wanted to have sex with them; or b) they're mothers werent' telling you everything about their sons, which I suspect is the most likely scenario.

As a parent, I would never share this information with anyone who knew my son. The only reason you're hearing about this is because we're on the internet. Children trust their parents because their parents won't go telling everyone their most intimate secrets. They can be themselves with their parents. They dont' need to put on an act like they need to for the world.

Quote:
And while no i don't have teenage sons,most of my extended family are boys so i was around a lot of them....and still am.
You don't understand boys. Boys have a lot of pressure to keep up manly appearances. They only let down their guard for very, very few people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
...and their fathers.
Trust me, I know.
Yep, fathers too.

But some fathers are those macho guys who their sons would never confide in because they dont' feel their feelings are safe to share with a macho father.

You know the type of guy I mean. It's clear you're not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 03:04 PM

970 posts, read 2,968,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yep, fathers too.

But some fathers are those macho guys who their sons would never confide in because they dont' feel their feelings are safe to share with a macho father.

I know what you mean. Some of the parents I know are like that. And then all the pressure with stuff like that is on the mom's shoulders. That's not the case here. Me and my wife share the responsibility when it comes to playing Dr. Phil.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:25 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
There's two possible reasons for that; a) your friends didn't have girls who wanted to have sex with them; or b) they're mothers werent' telling you everything about their sons, which I suspect is the most likely scenario.

As a parent, I would never share this information with anyone who knew my son. The only reason you're hearing about this is because we're on the internet. Children trust their parents because their parents won't go telling everyone their most intimate secrets. They can be themselves with their parents. They dont' need to put on an act like they need to for the world.

You don't understand boys. Boys have a lot of pressure to keep up manly appearances. They only let down their guard for very, very few people.

Yep, fathers too.

I understand boys quite well actually i have a brother....and was around a lot of them in life. And while i do understand it does happen....i think it is the exception not the rule. And as for those mothers....they told me a lot of details about their sons and their relationships...so i imagine it is possible they kept the details from me but i'm not so sure. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, just that not too many men let alone boys in their prime are going to be complaining girls only want sex from them.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:

Yep, fathers too.

Hope i have decided there is only one way we can decide this argument in a mature fashion....with a good old fashioned fist fight .

Old 09-19-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I understand boys quite well actually i have a brother....and was around a lot of them in life. And while i do understand it does happen....i think it is the exception not the rule. And as for those mothers....they told me a lot of details about their sons and their relationships...so i imagine it is possible they kept the details from me but i'm not so sure. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, just that not too many men let alone boys in their prime are going to be complaining girls only want sex from them.
Yet three mothers of teenage boys have shared in this thread that their boys do complain about girls wanting JUST sex from them.

I'm a bit surprised with your liberal nature that you have such old-fashioned, conservative views about males and sex.

Quote:
Hope i have decided there is only one way we can decide this argument in a mature fashion....with a good old fashioned fist fight .
Thumb wrestling! I'll wipe the floor with you!

Old 09-19-2010, 05:39 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
I don't know i am only going by experiences of having a decent amount of male friends in college and hs and male relatives and don't ever remember any of them crying over a girl wanting to have sex over a gf.
My son will tell me things that he would NEVER admit to his friends. I am his mother, the safe person. My son is not really a crier. But he does get his feelings hurt.

It's not that my son wouldn't have sex with a girl. I am certain that he would. I found a package of condoms in his room (not snooping he had the package out where I could see it). It was a full package but I assume he would use them if the chance arose.

The thing that bothers him is the same thing that girls would get upset about years ago. It upsets him that a girl wants to use him to improve her social standing with her friends.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Yet three mothers of teenage boys have shared in this thread that their boys do complain about girls wanting JUST sex from them.

I'm a bit surprised with your liberal nature that you have such old-fashioned, conservative views about males and sex.

Thumb wrestling! I'll wipe the floor with you!

Ah but this board has quite a large following....so 3 mothers could really be proving my point huh . And my views are basically what biology tells us....males must conquer and spread their seed as much as possible. I'm not saying they don't grow up eventually but generally when they are young boys enjoy the idea of sex without commitment. It just happens to be most women don't and they have to conform to get it. And i will admit i could be wrong too....i am just going with the data i have observed i might find out once my boy is a teen he does the same thing. And my views on sex are quite liberal you would be astonished...and if there was a board around that i could post it without it getting deleted you would lol.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
My son will tell me things that he would NEVER admit to his friends. I am his mother, the safe person. My son is not really a crier. But he does get his feelings hurt.
But the thing is every mother thinks their child shares all the special details with them. While he might share things he doesn't admit to friends....it goes vice versa too, there are thing he would never share with you either. My mother used to rave to her friends about how i would only come to her with some of my problems....the problem is i also went to my friends with the same issues. And many problems i had i didn't even tell her about.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Ah but this board has quite a large following....so 3 mothers could really be proving my point huh .
No, it doesn't. Out of the parents in this thread who have teenage boys, a greater percentage have experienced their sons' disappointment with how girls only want sex these days.

Quote:
And my views are basically what biology tells us....males must conquer and spread their seed as much as possible. I'm not saying they don't grow up eventually but generally when they are young boys enjoy the idea of sex without commitment. It just happens to be most women don't and they have to conform to get it. And i will admit i could be wrong too....i am just going with the data i have observed i might find out once my boy is a teen he does the same thing. And my views on sex are quite liberal you would be astonished...and if there was a board around that i could post it without it getting deleted you would lol.
Your views on sex might be liberal, but your veiws about males is very old fashioned. And you will see that we are right when your son becomes a teenager. Some things you can't truly know until you actually experience it first hand as a parent. Come back 10 years from now and tell me how your son felt.

Mine started out being thrilled to have sex without committment, but he ultimately realized that he wanted a girlfriend, not just sex. And he only cried that once. He had become depressed and hit a low point. Don't overly focus on 'crying' and recognize that boys do care very much about forming real relationships with girls. Some might be all about just having sex, but that's not the norm from what I've witnessed from this generation of teens.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:07 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
But the thing is every mother thinks their child shares all the special details with them. While he might share things he doesn't admit to friends....it goes vice versa too, there are thing he would never share with you either.
I don't need (nor want) to know the details of my child's sex life. However, I am certain he would never tell his team mates he was mad that this girl dumped him and then wanted to use him to boost his image. I am also certain there are things he would tell his team mates that he would never say to me. That's all very appropriate.

No teenager shares all the details with their parents. But when they need guidance they do come to their parents if they feel the relationship is safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting