Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:00 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlowkey View Post
people are always lookign to discredit someone. My wife has cousins that are parents, might they not be in this forum. I dont want the specifics of who I am and where I live to be known so i vary them from time to time. that you felt the need to search for some way to discredit me is telling and that you ran and posted it is telling too. Yes I did move from the US to a foreign country with my wife, but I will not name it. too many things show up on google, too many things are trackable and I purposely made up the two countries to disguise where I really am. You can not believe the story if you want, but I can assure you I am hoppin mad about this.

In closing let me say ppl like you, who are WAY too invested in internet personas, are lame. I would NEVER take the time to search through a posters post. I have a life to live!
But to actually start a thread (your London thread) and ask for advice/info with something that was "apparently" a complete lie is, well, just lame. Why do you go to such lengths with your lies? So is this new little situation you find yourself in now another lie of yours to throw us off track, or is it legit? Who can tell? Who cares? Why should we even waste our time with you in the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlowkey
Hahaha. I love it! I now live in Amsterdam, have another job, and *still* get benefits from the US and they are none the wiser! I LOVE AMERICA
Stop complaining. You and your wife are well suited to each other.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:05 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
If I were you I'd try to talk to her and reassign duties. Maybe she is sick of doing baby duty 24/7, and nothing else. So instead of you cooking and ironing, maybe she can iron and cook and then you can do a little baby duty instead of house chores. That way she could be helpful but also get a break from the baby. She might feel more refreshed if she's not doing the same thing, even if it is something, at least there's a bit more variety.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:05 AM

251 posts, read 417,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
It's three or so clicks of the mouse... But at any rate, if you are going to make up stories, at least take the time to go back and review your own postings to at keep things consistent.
thats three clicks too many for me. its telling when ppl come in and try to litter a perfectly good post with their own hatred. I have no time for this. I sent my wife an email and we are making progress and will talk about it over the weekend.

Thank you all for your advice. !

Old 09-24-2010, 10:07 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Default Just a minuet,

For centuries women have been taking care of the children and providing a complete home care, including meals, while dad is at work.
Sounds like she is bailing out every chance she getts . I've seen the GAME many times . She's tired or feling sick , up untill the moment there is something she wants to do other than taking care to things around the house. My daughtere in law is very much the same . get her away from the house and she's got the energy to hike the malls for hours on end .but at home getting her to leave the bed room and the computer is impossable.
A baby is not that much work, especially an infant , give me a break.
My mother my wife and many other women I know had no trouble taking care of several children and dad , but then again they did not have a computer and innernet to occupy all their time.
You have already endorced her bahavour by doing all her responsibilities, ,it is going to hard to change gears .
She is expectidly proud of the fact you are doing her work, so change is going to be hard. she's acting like a child so use a little child psycology. a little competiitive nature as it were,
"You have to do those things because she is in capable of doing them right, " don't be sarcastic" , that will only back fire on you big time.( you don't say it , you just act on it)
Just fallow your rutine ahead of her , stop asking her to do any thing ,and just do it your self .
unfortunately many women only want to play" house " the fun stuff. rarely do they want to grow up and be a responsible adult.
Their could be another side to this coin.
This is the side that she actually wants you more a part of the family, than just dissapearing out the door in the morning, and comming home beat at nite.
As a father and a husband , it behoves you to be as much a part of their lives as is possable . and your wife and family should come first, even before work. and that is a difficult task to undertake.
This may sound funny but thoe people are your family your hobby your past time. When all the other men you know have their own pursuits out side the home , they are also loosing their connection to the home as well. the voice of exprence

Old 09-24-2010, 10:08 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Quite likely.

What? Why?? Says Who???

Yes, I believe you are correct.

Ummm, really? Gals are just hanging about, waiting to step in when the first gal doesn't follow the rules? What happened to the sanctity of marriage, here?

PS: Putting a disclaimer in regarding getting into trouble won't actually stop you from getting into trouble.
LOL, good humor.
No we just all have to work hard at keeping out marriages together. One cannot take advantage of the other. I just do not IMO think most men are going to take second place or even less than equal in the union.
Sorry, a little off topic. Seems we may be in a troll thread.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:20 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
You sent her an email? How pathetic

Anyway- people look at posters previous posts to see if they are legit posters with legit problems or common trolls- apparently you fall into the latter... g' day

Quote:
thats three clicks too many for me. its telling when ppl come in and try to litter a perfectly good post with their own hatred. I have no time for this. I sent my wife an email and we are making progress and will talk about it over the weekend.

Thank you all for your advice. !

Old 09-24-2010, 10:29 AM

556 posts, read 798,256 times
Quote:
Like I wrote to another poster:

And when I sit around with her family members they have no problem telling me "women rule this family and men are expected to acquiese" so there has been bred in me, a response. My wife has tried to bully me on more than one occasion, treating our son like a possession, telling me I cant post his pics on facebook where I post them so my family members, who are my friends on facebook, can see them. I have come home on many occasions and cooked and cleaned I get up at 5am to CLEAN THE HOUSE before leaving for work so she doesnt have to do a thing and can move freely. I have tried to be MORE than an equal partner, going to work for HOURS and being asked to insulate the loft right away, put boxes in the loft right away, hold the baby, BEFORE I HAVE EVEN HAD A CHANCE |TO |WAS MY HANDS!!

I was just teasing, hence the .

I stand by my original response. Just have a calm discussion. Get all of the anger your feeling out here, with us on CD if need be so that you can be calm and respectful when you talk to her.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM

556 posts, read 798,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Before everyone gets either too riled up or too sympathetic, I'm calling BS on this one. Back in Feb, you were married to a Brit and were looking to move to London (NERVOUS about my IMPENDING MOVE to LONDON) and in June you were in Amsterdam defrauding the government on unemployment (Oh Well! My Benefits have come to an END..).

AAWWW MAN!! I wasted my wisdom on a fakie?!

Old 09-24-2010, 10:39 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I think a lot of you missed this part. It appears she is NOT alone with the baby for 12 hours. I think he is being taken advantage of. If I worked 12 hrs a day and was expected to come home and iron and cook dinner, I would run away from home!
Gee, women have been expected to do that for years now. Just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting