Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:33 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,848,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel6604 View Post
none. But if she was a man in that dress elmo very well could have been teabagged while running all up under her :d
:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 01:50 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,547,485 times
I'm so glad at least a few people around here have a sense of humor.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:28 PM

13,234 posts, read 9,852,524 times
Quote:
None. But if she was a man in that dress Elmo very well could have been teabagged while running all up under her

Stop!!! My eyes! My eyes!! For the love of the children, woman!

Old 09-28-2010, 05:48 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,735,197 times
Here's the thing with Katy Perry and Sesame Street - they invited her on because kids know who she is and like her music. Chances are they've seen her and the way she dresses if they like her enough for Sesame Street to invite her on.

I think Katy Perry's problem is that her general sound really appeals to kids, but some of her lyrics aren't things you want your kids singing.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 PM

556 posts, read 796,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojlo View Post
Here's the thing with Katy Perry and Sesame Street - they invited her on because kids know who she is and like her music. Chances are they've seen her and the way she dresses if they like her enough for Sesame Street to invite her on.

I think Katy Perry's problem is that her general sound really appeals to kids, but some of her lyrics aren't things you want your kids singing.

This is true. Back in the day, before I had kids I remember a girl I worked with who had a 7 and 5 year old telling me her kids LOVED the "skeet skeet" song and would sing it in the car! I was MORTIFIED!! HELLO "To the windows, to the wall,till the sweat drips off my balls. All you females crawl. awww skeet skeet," I do believe was the lyrics!

There are so many things that we as adults listen to, and think our kids don't pay attention to but they love!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:17 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,848,515 times
Quote:
This is true. Back in the day, before I had kids I remember a girl I worked with who had a 7 and 5 year old telling me her kids LOVED the "skeet skeet" song and would sing it in the car! I was MORTIFIED!! HELLO "To the windows, to the wall,till the sweat drips off my balls. All you females crawl. awww skeet skeet," I do believe was the lyrics!

There are so many things that we as adults listen to, and think our kids don't pay attention to but they love!

Well i mean maybe they sang a modfied version of it? One of my girlfriends kids was singing pop that coochie last year so i know how you feel.

Last edited by paganmama80; 09-28-2010 at 07:48 PM..

Old 09-28-2010, 07:31 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,489,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojlo View Post

Spot on!

Elmo, Dora & Diego could talk about the science behind root canals and kids would be mesmorized due to the sounds of their voices. Very happy happy w/ a high pitch. Young toddlers don't get the phrase "I want to be your teenage dream" but they like the sound of her voice.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:35 PM

2,124 posts, read 4,491,632 times
Quote:

If they were listening to the radio, the clean version was "'till the sweat drops down and falls". Still not the best song for children, though! (Although they used to play this song at the middle school dances at my local YMCA).

Anyway, about the subject- I don't think the Katy Perry clip was scandalous at all. Don't little girls wear shorts that show their legs?! Yes, the cleavage may have been a bit much but it still doesn't seem that bad.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,521,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
The average little kid will see more breast tissue exposed at the grocery store, at McDonald's Play Place, or in the parent pickup line at the nursery school than Ms. Perry showed on Sesame Street.
People hear "Katy Perry" and automatically assume it's hoochie mama stuff. Which is reasonable, given she's promoted herself that way. But before getting outraged all over the web, it's prudent to actually see what it is you're being outraged over. From the reactions of some, you'd think she giving the wee ones an eyeful a la Sharon Stone in "Basic Instinct".
Maybe but I can't stand pop singers in the first place so I don't allow my kids to listen to that crap, they can listen to rock, metal, or country.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:22 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,588,542 times
We won't even get into the whole Miss Piggy / Kermit thing - classic fem-dom situation - or Bert and Ernie sleeping in those Hollywood beds - you just KNOW what happens after they turn the cameras off...and why do you think they call him BIG Bird???

No, my friends...Sesame Street is Satan-inspired - the Dark One chuckles every time a new episode is shown, because He knows there will soon be more souls for His dominion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting