U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2010, 01:26 AM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
27,405 posts, read 43,764,742 times
Reputation: 18479

Advertisements

Sesame Street says it won't air a taped segment featuring Katy Perry and Elmo. In the clip, the singer wore a gold bustier top as she sang a version of her hit 'Hot N Cold' and some felt it was too revealing for the kid set.

Breitbart.tv Sesame Street Pulls Katy Perry From Show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2010, 06:28 AM
 
Location: somewhere
4,264 posts, read 7,460,929 times
Reputation: 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Sesame Street says it won't air a taped segment featuring Katy Perry and Elmo. In the clip, the singer wore a gold bustier top as she sang a version of her hit 'Hot N Cold' and some felt it was too revealing for the kid set.

Breitbart.tv Sesame Street Pulls Katy Perry From Show

Duh, that Sesame St would even film something with Katy Perry is mind-boggling. I like to hear her sing but if I still had small children would not want them to see her on Sesame St.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2010, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Sudcaroland
10,665 posts, read 7,163,153 times
Reputation: 31940
I heard about that on TV! They showed a picture from that video, and she sure was not dressed appropriately for a kids' show.
But what really got on my nerves is that it was not just Elmo and her during the shooting of that video, there are producers, people dealing with cameras, sound etc... And noone realized her dress was too sexy????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2010, 07:14 AM
 
3,842 posts, read 8,836,693 times
Reputation: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Duh, that Sesame St would even film something with Katy Perry is mind-boggling. I like to hear her sing but if I still had small children would not want them to see her on Sesame St.
I wish everyone would stop the pc stuff & be honest why they pulled the clip. The "outfit" was not so much it as was it the persona she carries & her song lyrics in the mind of parents. No, doubt my toddlers get the concept behind such fine songs as "I Kissed a Girl" and the lyrics of the California Girls song. Doubt my toddlers get "sexualized" by her outfit. Her fiancee doesn't help. But, can't say that the songs are the reason b/c we have to raise our kids to accept all of this b/c it's the politically correct thing to do!!

As a parent, no, really don't see her as being the best choice for Sesame Street & it was not the outfit as much as it was who she is as an artist & some things she has said in the press.

Personally, I think Sesame Street is awfully boring anymore & none of my kids have shown much interest in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2010, 07:15 AM
 
Location: maryland
3,967 posts, read 5,203,267 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Sesame Street says it won't air a taped segment featuring Katy Perry and Elmo. In the clip, the singer wore a gold bustier top as she sang a version of her hit 'Hot N Cold' and some felt it was too revealing for the kid set.

Breitbart.tv Sesame Street Pulls Katy Perry From Show

I really don't see what the big deal it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2010, 07:15 AM
 
3,842 posts, read 8,836,693 times
Reputation: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I heard about that on TV! They showed a picture from that video, and she sure was not dressed appropriately for a kids' show.
But what really got on my nerves is that it was not just Elmo and her during the shooting of that video, there are producers, people dealing with cameras, sound etc... And noone realized her dress was too sexy????
And Elmo running beneath her & all you see is her bare legs...
Again, young children are not going to be traumatized by it but it is just not appropriate.
It was just an odd piece overall & such a strange choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2010, 07:30 AM
 
556 posts, read 627,220 times
Reputation: 848
I think it's the silliest thing ever! Kids that age are not going to pay any mind to the fact that her skirt is a little short or her top is a little low!

Dumbest thing ever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2010, 07:32 AM
 
Location: maryland
3,967 posts, read 5,203,267 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel6604 View Post
I think it's the silliest thing ever! Kids that age are not going to pay any mind to the fact that her skirt is a little short or her top is a little low!

Dumbest thing ever!

I find some people have waaayyyy too much time on their hands and have to find things to complain over. But i agree i would have had no idea either to be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2010, 08:27 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,907 posts, read 32,271,694 times
Reputation: 42186
Good grief. She couldn't put on some regular clothes for five minutes? Sesame Street is not about your breasts, Katy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2010, 11:09 AM
 
556 posts, read 627,220 times
Reputation: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Good grief. She couldn't put on some regular clothes for five minutes? Sesame Street is not about your breasts, Katy.

Or lack there of
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top