Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:51 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Good point, lisa. I don`t know why they would be interested in the parenting forum either.
I hold a green card and am not eligible to vote. Yet I'm still interested in what people have to say in the Politics forum.

Why, do you ask? Well, because it pertains to my life here in the US. Just as people's parenting pertains to life here on the earth, for parents and non parents alike.

ETA Sorry MrsStewart, missed your post.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:36 PM

897 posts, read 2,455,257 times
I am not sure that I would cancel her health insurance b//c if something happens and she doesn't have any insurance you could get in a big financial mess.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:37 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,686 times
You can not cancel her health insurance with the New Health Care Reform.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:53 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Yes, it does give more insight. However, judging from the remarkably HUGE quantity of posts written by parents who clearly have absolutely no idea what they're doing (and admit to such), being given insight, and actually possessing that insight, are entirely different things.

The only "criteria" anyone has measured any of my posts by, is whether or not I have any children of my own. No one has asked me if I've raised someone else's children, or assisted in the raising of anyone else's children. No one has asked me if I have owned or operated or even worked in day-care, spending hours upon hours with infants and toddlers. No one has asked me if I have spent any time bringing up teenagers of any of my siblings who might or might not have been in good enough health to bring them up themselves.

Nor have I offered any information because frankly, it's no one's business. I'm not here looking for a job, I don't owe anyone any explanations. I just find it damned (the word meaning "one who presumes" which for some reason gets gagged by the profanity filter) of people who ask opinions on a public forum, to pretend that anyone's opinion here is any more or less valid than anyone else's.

Then your opinion on the subject is essentially valueless isn't it?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:55 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
You can not cancel her health insurance with the New Health Care Reform.

Are you sure about that?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:57 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
That isn't true cheerybaby. The reform states that children *are allowed* to be on their parents' insurance up to age 26. It does not say that parents are required to have them on it. It also states that the insurance company can't deny children with pre-existing conditions. It doesn't say the parents -must- pay for it, or provide it, nor does it say that parents are not allowed to cancel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting