U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 04:00 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,939,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
No. According to the OP, he apparently kept his job loss from his wife and began charging all household bills to the credit card. Wife didn't know about the charges. And he apparnetly hasn't changed his behavior and is not looking for another job. So it's a lot more than debt.

As for the comment from another poster about people providing continuity and not things, I think you are missing the point. Whether house or apartment, the continuity is in staying in the same place with the same school, friends, etc.

Whether wife should ask FIL for money, that's her decision. I wouldn't, but that's just me.
What a bad dude... paying the household bills on the credit card when he lost his job! (sarcasm) Sounds like half of the country right now...

What was her problem that she had no idea how the bills were getting paid? Truth is, either she knew and buried her head in the sand rather than getting her butt a job, or she's a real idiot!

These women who sit around and expect a man to take care of them make me sick! Wake up and smell your credit scores!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 07:53 PM

5,954 posts, read 4,987,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
What a bad dude... paying the household bills on the credit card when he lost his job! (sarcasm) Sounds like half of the country right now...

What was her problem that she had no idea how the bills were getting paid? Truth is, either she knew and buried her head in the sand rather than getting her butt a job, or she's a real idiot!

These women who sit around and expect a man to take care of them make me sick! Wake up and smell your credit scores!
He didn't tell her about losing his job, either. Read the thread.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 PM

4,502 posts, read 7,947,066 times
What I'd like to know is, what was this clown doing for 10 hours a day while he was supposed to be at work??? If he was out "looking for a job", he would have found one. (It's been proven time and again that if you spend 8 solid hours a day OUT looking for work, you will find a job quickly. Those 8 hours don't include sitting on the internet "looking for a job")

Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM

4,502 posts, read 7,947,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
You'd be surprised at how many women sit at home with the kids and let the husband be in charge of every penny that comes in, even so far as to taking them grocery shopping and the husband pays. They consider their job is to pop out babies, clean the house, do the laundry, and cook.

They're idiots. Plain and simple. Any woman who sits there and has no clue about the family finances is a fool --- no, she's a moron. Now, this moron expects her father in law to pick up the slack. I say this baby-maker go get a job and support herself and her kids and, if she decides to kick hubby out, take him to court for child support.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:56 PM

730 posts, read 1,379,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
He didn't tell her about losing his job, either. Read the thread.

I woud'nt have told her either- he proably knew her ass would be gone as soon as he stopped bringing home the bacon!

Old 09-30-2010, 02:08 PM

43,015 posts, read 49,321,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
I woud'nt have told her either- he proably knew her ass would be gone as soon as he stopped bringing home the bacon!
I implied this earlier in the thread too.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:31 PM

You don't know that. Sounds like HE left... she's the one in the home, still worrying about losing it.

***GASP*** How DARE she get upset when he hides the fact he lost his job and ran up the CC without telling her. ***GASP*** Yup, he's a loser.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:37 PM

43,015 posts, read 49,321,608 times
Quote:
You don't know that. Sounds like HE left... she's the one in the home, still worrying about losing it.
It's very clear that she's the one leaving him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsess View Post
he was in insurance but wasn't able to produce -didn't tell her and started putting all the bills on credit card- now they are $30,000 in debt-she is planning to divorce him b/c he is not changing /looking for a job etc.
Quote:
***GASP*** How DARE she get upset when he hides the fact he lost his job and ran up the CC without telling her. ***GASP*** Yup, he's a loser.
We're just saying the very fact she's leaving him because he can't find a job is an indication that he paid bills on the credit card because he knew that she would leave him.

Some women are in it only for the money. We're just saying that maybe he knew that about her.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:05 PM

7,295 posts, read 7,880,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
On the other hand, if she has a good relationship with the ex father in law and he knows that her ex is a loser then, by all means, ask. One thing I would make sure is that the trust fund is set up in HER and the child's name. If it's set up in ex's name & child's name, her ex can take the money out. If it's set up in ex father in law's name & child's name and he dies, the ex-mother in law or the son can get it.
If I were the FIL, I would not put it in her name at all. What is to keep her from continuing to just sit at home and draw the money out for living expenses, rather than find a job! If the in-laws have money and would like to set up a trust that can ONLY be used for college, that would be great.

It sounds like he is still in insurance, just not producing, most likely due to the economy. However, he should have gotten a paying job - just like she needs to get. My impression is this married couple both "played" at working - and now she thinks the in-laws need to pay the bill for it.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It's very clear that she's the one leaving him.

We're just saying the very fact she's leaving him because he can't find a job is an indication that he paid bills on the credit card because he knew that she would leave him.

Some women are in it only for the money. We're just saying that maybe he knew that about her.
Oh please. She's not leaving because he lost a job, she's leaving because now they're $30,000 in debt and he's not looking for another job. Read the first post. Selective memory, I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting