Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel6604 View Post
No one ever has nothing to do. Some may just feel too busy, but in their mind unmotivated for laundry or calling someone. Sometimes it's just a matter of feeling so overwhelmed, even tho you actually have the time you don't know where to start.
That's me! I never have time to do anything! But I spend time here with you guys. I'll TALK about needing to do my laundry all day long!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:59 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
I certainly didn't start a thread for it to turn into this....
Calling anyone a coke head or better yet;a ****, is pretty much not necessary at all.
There are plenty of kids from all kinds of family situations that end up being lost out there somewhere... it doesn't have much to do with them being parents of SAH parents. That's ridiculous.

This was all just a thread about PEOPLE in general (in MY experience it is the working parents more so, but it is ALL PEOPLE) who, for some reason, feel they are busier than everyone else.
They have more to do, their kids are more busy, their husbands are more busy, the list goes on and on.
That is all.
It wasn't a bash on those that work, those that don't.
It was also to state that IF you don't enjoy your job, that you feel the need to whine or complain about how you don't get to do this or that because you are working and YOU DON'T NEED TO BE (and regardless of what some of you have posted here, there are many people who don't need to be) then DON'T WORK. PERIOD.
IF you can afford to stay home and be content with making the sacrifices that you would have to make, then stay home.
IF you choose to go to work for the sake of wanting to work, loving your career,whatever the case may be, don't complain about it and don't give me your "to do list".
WE all have them. WE all do the best we can do. (I like to think that at least).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Are you serious????
Funny, nobody was offended by the poor little snide, emotionally needy, has to have a hug, latch key kid though? Peculiar.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Also, things are not always as they appear. Maybe these moms are working to pay off debt that accumulated while they were keeping up their lifestyle. One thing I've figured out during this whole financial crisis is that appearances can be deceiving. I can look at several families with similar houses, cars, etc, and now know that one is living below their means, one is living within their means, and one is going bankrupt. The OP doesn't REALLY know that these moms don't have to work.
Or they could be saving for college funds and retirement, which is not something easily done on 50k-70k.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Or they could be saving for college funds and retirement, which is not something easily done on 50k-70k.
Exactly why I will be going back to work in a year or so!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Funny, nobody was offended by the poor little snide, emotionally needy, has to have a hug, latch key kid though? Peculiar.
Good point!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:06 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,183,374 times
Quote:
I didn't agree with the "emotionally needy" post either but seriously...coke heads, sluts and drunks. That's extreme.

You claim to not be judging but all of your posts on this thread seem very judgemental of stay at home parents in general.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Exactly why I will be going back to work in a year or so!
I hear you! I'm living the nightmare. We built up a very nice nest egg while I was working, but we slowly drained it after I had to stop working.

We had no choice. Our child was very sick for quite a few years. We have a lot of catching up to do!

And my husband makes very good money and we live within our means.

Most people are sacrificing WAY MORE than having nice sweaters if they stay home. It's unfair of them to judge people who chose to work for security.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:16 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I didn't agree with the "emotionally needy" post either but seriously...coke heads, sluts and drunks. That's extreme.

You claim to not be judging but all of your posts on this thread seem very judgemental of stay at home parents in general.
An emotionally damaged child who runs to a stranger for a hug because her mother doesn't care isn't extreme?

The fact is, there are wonderful stay at home moms and there are wonderful working moms and and there are also bad instances of both.

I am not judgemental of stay at home parents, I will just always run and jump to the defense of working Moms though. It is who I am and what I lived, I can't help it. Particularly when I see stuff about emotionally needy children.

I do know one thing though, the Mommy world that Hopes spoke of earlier? Dear Lord I don't miss living in that world.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I am not judgemental of stay at home parents, I will just always run and jump to the defense of working Moms though. It is who I am and what I lived, I can't help it. Particularly when I see stuff about emotionally needy children.
I hear you! I defend both---depending on which is getting attacked the worst---because I've been both!

Quote:
I do know one thing though, the Mommy world that Hopes spoke of earlier? Dear Lord I don't miss living in that world.
I don't miss it either! It was a weird world! I'm soooooooooo glad my chidren are finally adults!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:19 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,492,794 times
Quote:
I don't have the energy to type a real response, so I'll just say ditto to this. And I have a hard time believing that the OP never complains about anything related to being a SAHM. You stay home for a reason...
? so confused...
I never said that I don't complain about being a SAHM ? it doesn't have anything to do with the post.
Of course there are challenging days, just like everyone has, no matter the working circumstances.
I do not however, give people my "to do list" when they ask how things are going....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting