Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 11:49 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,056,625 times

Advertisements

Our last house was so nice for many years. My Grandmother owned it from the late 1950's until she passed away in 1975. Then my father owned it. After he passed in 2001 it came to belong to me. When we moved in we shared the fence with Mrs. Lemley. She was 90 and had lived there since she moved there with Mr. Lemley in the early 1940's. She was a wonderful neighbor and a nice lady. After she passed away in 2007 her daughter rented the house to a family that had 4 children under the age of 8. It was awful. They threw things over the fence at my dogs to the point that I couldn't leave them outside unsupervised at all. At one point they climbed over the fence and got into my goldfish pond. That was when I called DHS. Before that I just griped and occasionally filed a police report if the objects were dangerous or large. One time they threw bricks at my dogs and hit them.

The youngest wasn't in school and the parents would put her out in the yard in the wintertime without a coat quite regularly. I have never been happier to move from some place in my whole entire life. One time I had a cook out for my Girl Scouts in my front yard. Two of the boys climbed up on their fence and SCREAMED at us (less than 20 feet away) the whole time we were there. Of course, anytime I said something to the parents "They were just playing... I mean, you can't stop them from PLAYING" yeah whatever. Kinda pitiful when you can't even have a cook out in your own front yard without the kids next door acting like total monkeys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 07:35 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,802,915 times
We had neighbors like this. They would chase my sister and I around. We got a swing set and they would come over and play on it. When they where in the pool the girl would scream literally scream for 30 minutes straight and their dog would bark for the same amount of time. We couldn't enjoy our patio! They also shot bee bees at us one forth of july.

Now we have new neighbors since they all grew up and moved and I swear it's like a repeat.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:17 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,647,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Not a good idea. I doubt the police are going to take the theft of a few toy cars seriously. Also her neighbours don't sound like the nicest people and calling the police is dangerous as the neighbours may retaliate. The OP is pregnant.
Of course you wouldn't think it's a good idea. Apparently you did not read the thread in your haste to post a response to me.

So she's pregnant, so what? That doesn't mean she has to let someone push her around, destroy her personal property and possibly poison her pets. It's past just a bucket of cars, that was simply an example she gave us. Moderator cut: Personal Attack

As far as the police not taking things seriously, it's not like we're advising she call 911. She needs to call the non-emergency line and make a report. She can do this over the phone, or she can get the cops to come out to her house. No, they won't arrive LNS but they will get around to coming out and talking to her about it. They do pay attention to things like this because they can escalate. So yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited by MissingAll4Seasons; 10-22-2010 at 03:20 PM..

Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,481,658 times
Just a friendly reminder to not roll over and ignore the problem. This is already apparantly escalating and you will not do yourself any service by trying to ignore it and play nice. Use everything within your means to fight back. Who do you think the cops are going to believe, the nice family who owns their house in the town or the trash renters?

***Not implying all renters are trash, just these ones.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:22 AM

13,291 posts, read 9,816,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Of course you wouldn't think it's a good idea. Apparently you did not read the thread in your haste to post a response to me.

So she's pregnant, so what? That doesn't mean she has to let someone push her around, destroy her personal property and possibly poison her pets. It's past just a bucket of cars, that was simply an example she gave us. Moderator cut: Personal Attack.
Dude, that was uncalled for. She's allowed to express her opinion. No need to be rude about her kid.

Last edited by MissingAll4Seasons; 10-22-2010 at 03:21 PM..

Old 10-22-2010, 08:28 AM

13,291 posts, read 9,816,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Just a friendly reminder to not roll over and ignore the problem. This is already apparantly escalating and you will not do yourself any service by trying to ignore it and play nice. Use everything within your means to fight back. Who do you think the cops are going to believe, the nice family who owns their house in the town or the trash renters?

***Not implying all renters are trash, just these ones.
I am definitely on the side of not aggravating the situation, but as I said earlier, if the neighbors poisoned the dogs, well then that's a whole new ball game.

So if you call the cops, what happens in this situation? I'm curious as to what they can actually do in these neighbor vs neighbor disputes. And I would imagine it doesn't matter who they believe, they'd have to have some kind proof of wrongdoing. What's the cop's MO in this case?

Old 10-22-2010, 08:30 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,647,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Dude, that was uncalled for. She's allowed to express her opinion. No need to be rude about her kid.
Oh, if only you knew why.

But, I stand by my opinion. OP needs to deal with it and not back down like a target.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:51 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,685,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I am definitely on the side of not aggravating the situation, but as I said earlier, if the neighbors poisoned the dogs, well then that's a whole new ball game.

So if you call the cops, what happens in this situation? I'm curious as to what they can actually do in these neighbor vs neighbor disputes. And I would imagine it doesn't matter who they believe, they'd have to have some kind proof of wrongdoing. What's the cop's MO in this case?
Actually, if the neighbors poisoned the dogs and there is proof, it is under their fence and thrown all over the yard and the OP made them mad for asking for her sons toys back........ the police WILL do something. They do take this serious nowadays and they can be arrested and charged. I would not hesitate one second to call the police on this.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:59 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,210,883 times
Crazymomof3, Did you ever follow up on what your dogs ate?

Old 10-22-2010, 09:05 AM

992 posts, read 2,364,522 times
I have NO idea what the dogs ate. 2 of them are fine, while one of them still has the runs, just a bit. I'm taking them to the vet today. The vet said since they aren't lethargic and are eating/drinking, he's not super concerned.

The craptastic neighbors weren't home last night so my husband just walked into their backyard and got our toys back. He was going to talk to the man of the house, but they weren't home.

I called their landlord. He didn't seem to care, but now it's been noted. As for the police, I haven't called...

I explained to my 3 year old that some people don't always do what they're supposed to but we never ever take from others, and what the little boy did was wrong...and maybe he was just confused. I tried to be diplomatic about it all, and age appropriate.

If the cigarette butts keep showing up in my flower bed, I'll happily leave them on their stoop. If I see anything like what I saw yesterday, I won't be afraid to keep my mouth shut. This is my home and I'm not going to let some skanky, wt, lazy mom and her crappy, disrespectul parenting bother me...
My husband doesn't care for her either, but he did say that "she always says hi to me and smiles and waves". My response? Of course she does, you have a penis. She's a trash bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting