U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 12:21 PM

10,145 posts, read 13,833,845 times

Advertisements

50 ladies decide to be a surrogate and help a couple, or a single, become a parent.

What % of these ladies would choose to be a TS, and what are the many reasons?

What % of these ladies would choose to be a GS and what are the many reasons?

There are random factors, I know, such as some of these 50 may be married and some may be single. The ones that are married, may or may have not completed their own family, as planned between her and her husband.

If you are a TS (or a GS) and if marital status was a factor in your decision, please have that in your list of reasons.

It's important for intended parents through surrogacy to get to know the surrogate because they will be sharing an experience together for many months. I'm interested in the many reasons a potential surrogate decides between GS and TS.

Now, from what I've been told, not many TS will agree to IVF. This would imply that most of the 50 ladies would prefer to be a TS. However, despite IVF, the reverse may be true, and more would choose to be a GS.

I do not know, maybe the answers given by some surrogates can shed light on how IVF did, or did not, influence their decision.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 01:22 PM

36,434 posts, read 41,608,566 times
No experience in this but I've read alot about it. I would think more would be willing to donate egg (TS) than carry a pregnancy (GS)

I think GS have to be married with at least 1 child- in India that is criteria. Many military wives do this while hubby is deployed as a way to get some extra money.

Donating eggs involves alot of shots, doc visits, timing, etc. Neither way would be stress free or something I would ever consider.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:50 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,033,838 times
I considered becoming a surrogate because I had suffered from infertility myself, but am not elligible due to this. I would want to be a GS because I would not want it to be my own flesh-and-blood ie not TS, I think that would be too much of an emotional attachment. But I love being pregnant, so being a GS appealed far more than just donating eggs, where you essentially go through all of the bad part of IVF (drugs, side effects, possible OHSS) without a pregnancy.

BTW, surrogates must be done with their own families before being accepted by agencies, and if married, the husband must agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting