Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 10:50 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
they just do. they take up space and do nothing.
Did you say in an earlier post you have children, you just dont "have" (read: see) them??

Old 12-01-2010, 11:03 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,741 times
Quote:
Since they don't do anything then I guess you don't have to worry about them spoiling your meal when you're out at restaurants.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:06 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,753 times
Quote:
funny, i could say the same thing about many adults that i know.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:20 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Since they don't do anything then I guess you don't have to worry about them spoiling your meal when you're out at restaurants.
I don't care. Loud children doesn't bother me since anybody can do anything in life.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:14 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
It is so disturbing to go to a restaurant nowdays to have a dinner, with people allowing their kids to hang from the chandeliers. Just wondering what has happened to our society that has become so out of control................
Since it's pretty obvious that some posters have either forgotten, or have not bothered to pay attention to the original post and the actual topic of the thread, I figured I'd repost it here.

In case you missed it again - the topic isn't about chandeliers, or AA meetings, or whether or not you like children, or even whether or not you have children.

It's about parents who choose not to try to control their children in restaurants.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:19 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
funny, i could say the same thing about many adults that i know.
I agree, but such is life.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Since it's pretty obvious that some posters have either forgotten, or have not bothered to pay attention to the original post and the actual topic of the thread, I figured I'd repost it here.

In case you missed it again - the topic isn't about chandeliers, or AA meetings, or whether or not you like children, or even whether or not you have children.

It's about parents who choose not to try to control their children in restaurants.
Yes, true, but jeez that topic has just about been done to death. I'd much rather talk about chandeliers. Who's had a good swing from one, recently?

Do tell.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:55 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You do realize that AA meetings are held in different places like churches and colleges and such, right? You also realize that meetings usually are transient, which means the locations could vary from week to week.

Good for you for standing by your (flawed) logic. I guess it would be better for mom to drink at home as long as jr doesn't go to an AA meeting. LOL

I've never had an alcohol problem and neither has anyone I know thank-goodness. I don't think it's necessary to say I have flawed logic. My logic is perfectly fine thank-you. I have my opinion and I have a right to my opinions and I stand by it. If the mother cannot find ANYONE to babysit then i guess she would have to take him as a last resort. She can't obviously leave a young child at home alone right????

Old 12-01-2010, 12:56 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieEve View Post
I've never had an alcohol problem and neither has anyone I know thank-goodness. I don't think it's necessary to say I have flawed logic. My logic is perfectly fine thank-you. I have my opinion and I have a right to my opinions and I stand by it. If the mother cannot find ANYONE to babysit then i guess she would have to take him as a last resort. She can't obviously leave a young child at home alone right????
Your logic is flawed because it's not based on reality.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:08 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You obviously have zero concept of AA and meetings. Which is a good thing, I hope you never have the chance to learn more. However, there are many people who attend AA every day, so there are occasions where taking a child to a meeting is the only option they may have. There are also meetings for women and children are usually a fixture at those meetings.

You can stand by your assumption that it's inappropriate, but seeing as you have no knowledge on which to base your opinion perhaps you could keep a more open mind on the subject.

And this thread went off topic because you questioned whether a toddler should be at an AA meeting or not. So don't ask if you don't want answers.

You're right about the fact that I have no experience with AA meeting so forgive me....thank-goodness I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting