U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 04:15 PM

14,212 posts, read 9,590,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
Just because I am morally opposed to the possible economic, social, statistic, and emotional outcry an adolesence could experience because they had sexual intercourse makes me a Christian?

I heard there was one time when Religion didn't matter, age didn't matter, if you held a moral poistion against teen sex a majority of society was okay with it. If that was the case, then I want that sort of world again, or country.

Now, to all of this "Well, 11 year olds had sex" Yeah, in the pre-historic, barbaric times. The druids had intercourse with their children. However, we are civilized now and not pre-historic barbarians.
I said it usually does, not that it always does. Most of society realizes that teens will eventually have sex of some sort, and that the best method is prevention. That old school belief that locking up your kids to prevent it just doesn't work.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:16 PM

13,752 posts, read 18,359,731 times
Quote:
Actually, yes. It's called becoming a adult, legally. Now, equipped with sexual knowledge? Anyone can become sexually equipped with knowledge. 13 year olds can become equipped with sexual knowledge. Does this mean they're ready? That varies.
Thanks for proving my point.

Quote:
Also, there is NO beneficial, helpful, life-changing, long-term reason why someone under 18 should be having sex. None at all. At all.
And yet, they want to.

Quote:
There are many people who go into gangs, hustle, do drugs and are abused in inner-city families that turn out just fine, too. This, in reality, means nothing.
Because your argument was based on a false premise.

Quote:
Knowing the crowd on this thread, my arguments on those issues would be shot down.
That might be a sign to some that they should developer better arguments.

Quote:
Both of them are coward ways out. If you /have/ concieved a baby and are pregnant, that baby is your responsibility. It isn't taking responsibility to get rid of it.
Sure it is. Look at it this way. If I'm a little careless and scrape my garage wall as I'm backing my car out, then I'd have to accept responsibility and pay the cost (either out of pocket or the insurance deductible) to have it fixed. Accepting responsibility doesn't mean I drive around with a dinged up car for 18 years.

Same principle applies to abortion.

Quote:
On adoption, though: IF YOU PUT the child up for adoption, be IN HIS/HER lives. Be involved. Teach him/her not to make the same stupid mistakes the parent, them, did. That would be something /very/ positive to the child.
Some people don't want that though.

Quote:
I saw it. Federal law trumps state law.
Which federal law are you speaking of?

Old 08-16-2013, 04:26 PM

14,212 posts, read 9,590,173 times
Quote:
I saw it. Federal law trumps state law.
There is no federal law on age of consent. That is left entirely up to each state on the matter.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:29 PM

254 posts, read 320,342 times
Quote:
And yet, they want to.
Oh, yeah, they want to? Many teens want to smoke weed, too, even though that has the potentiol to stunt the frontal part of the adolescent brain. Do we give them what they want? Teens want to drink, too, do we let them? Many teens want to stay out at 12 at night doing goodness knows what. Do we let them? Do not use the no-limits fallacy, generalize. I was taught that you will not always get what you want in life. I was not spoiled. Moderator Cut.

Quote:
That might be a sign to some that they should developer better arguments.
I have facts, but I'm not ready to unleash them. Not on Friday.

Quote:
Sure it is. Look at it this way. If I'm a little careless and scrape my garage wall as I'm backing my car out, then I'd have to accept responsibility and pay the cost (either out of pocket or the insurance deductible) to have it fixed. Accepting responsibility doesn't mean I drive around with a dinged up car for 18 years.

Same principle applies to abortion.
There's a difference between a mechanical machine that can be good in developing independence for an adolesence, and a Baby which the adolesence either had out of consent or accident. Both must be taken care of. If you scrape your garage, you do take care of it. However, when you concieve a child and it is now growing in you, you do /not/ get rid of it so you don't have to bare the burdens. Responsibility isn't easy. Does that mean one should not bare the burdens of responsibility? Absoloutly not. If someone gets a female pregnant, that is now there responsibility. They can also say "Know what? Get an abortion. I'm not having a baby with you." or they can be dead-beat and stay out of the child's life.

I have a more sufficient answer: Go after knowledge, for that will give you the most pleasure in the future.

Quote:
Some people don't want that though.
Life is not fair. If you didn't want to bare the consequences of something ya' shouldn't have done it. If I take a knife and dance wildly with it with my cat a few inches from my hand, there's a chance I could hurt him. I do not want to bare those consequences on my conscience or my mind. So, what do I do? I only use a knife for certain, non-living things. If you didn't want to bare the consequences of possibly having a baby, you shouldn't of had sex. Period.

Last edited by Jaded; 08-16-2013 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Unnecessary remark

Old 08-16-2013, 04:35 PM

34,430 posts, read 42,571,594 times
I would take the bedroom door off, make sure she was on birth control, and forbid her to see the boyfriend without an adult present. Of all these things, no. #2 is the most important, since the horse is out of the barn.

Last edited by Jaded; 08-16-2013 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: Reference to deleted post removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting