U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 AM

18,856 posts, read 29,991,133 times

Advertisements

Gee, flip this around...how many of you have had kids walk in on YOU? Were they damaged for life? I don't think so...Sex is a healthy activity. Be glad your kid is normal.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:12 PM

224 posts, read 587,828 times
I would throw the boy out and get my daughter dressed. I would take her down to the health clinic and have her get the depo or an IUD. Pills are too risky. I would also have the clinic give her a bag of free condoms, and have her watch the free sex ed and STD tapes offered there. If I found out the boy has had other partners, I would have my daughter tested for STDs and AIDs, that way she understands the responsibility that goes along with being promiscuous. I would also demand the boy be tested and show me the results. If he could not for some reason comply with that request, my daughter would be barred from seeing him.

Some type of intervention must happen.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:36 PM

49,626 posts, read 49,123,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
LOL i love parents who think they are soooo close to their kids that they would know everything they did. "I would know if they had sex....belive me"
My daughter actually asked me if I wanted her to tell me when she first "did it". I said NO.

(She's very methodical and plans everything, and so went to the gyn and got her on birth control ahead of time when she'd decided that she and her bf were ready to have sex.)

Old 12-04-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Access to a bedroom or not isn't going to stop a determined teen. But letting a bf in a bedroom with the door open is pretty common among parents.
Not at all. I still laugh when I remember catching a teenage couple going at it on one of the washing machines in the laundry room at the apartment complex where I used to live.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Also, wanted to add a good anecdote. My parents neighbor came home from work early, walked into his house and immediately screamed a very loud WTF!!! Came back outside and was pacing in his yard. About 30 seconds later a shirtless boy comes running out the door and down the street. He goes back inside and no one heard anything else for a day. This particular neighbor and my dad are friends, so we got the scoop.

Turns out the neighbors daughter was performing oral favors on her boyfriend who was seated in dad's easy chair. Neither of them expected dad to be home from work so early. He admitted he reacted badly and while a pretty liberal guy was just shocked to see it in front of him. He actually apologized to his daughter and the boyfriend for the way he reacted. They had a good talk about appropriate times and places, especially considering the daughter has a younger sister. The daughter and her boyfriend have now been together about 8 years and are planning on getting married soon.
Was the boy allowed to sit in Dad's easy chair ever again after that?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:49 PM

3,967 posts, read 5,585,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My daughter actually asked me if I wanted her to tell me when she first "did it". I said NO.

(She's very methodical and plans everything, and so went to the gyn and got her on birth control ahead of time when she'd decided that she and her bf were ready to have sex.)

I don't doubt parents and kids can be close. But the ones i am referring to are the ones who refuse to believe their children would ever have sex.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Was the boy allowed to sit in Dad's easy chair ever again after that?

I wonder if dad himself could bear to sit on it himself lol.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Not at all. I still laugh when I remember catching a teenage couple going at it on one of the washing machines in the laundry room at the apartment complex where I used to live.

During the spin cycle?

Old 12-04-2010, 03:29 PM

2,777 posts, read 2,865,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Your first instinct would be to kill your daughter? Don't go telling me you meant the boy. Your daughter would be equally guilty.
Of course I meant the boy, for my daughters(have two), being chained to a wall behind a moat guarded with land mines, attack dogs, and automated gun turrets while dressed in a burqa, would not be able to partake in such debauchery of their own volition.

My son of course, is free to do as he pleases and I wish him thousands of sexual conquests. The double standard is alive and well.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Of course I meant the boy, for my daughters(have two), being chained to a wall behind a moat guarded with land mines, attack dogs, and automated gun turrets while dressed in a burqa, would not be able to partake in such debauchery of their own volition.

My son of course, is free to do as he pleases and I wish him thousands of sexual conquests. The double standard is alive and well.

I sense sarcasm through the force....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting