U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-02-2010, 08:47 PM

6,040 posts, read 5,972,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggy491 View Post
Just curious how others would react.

My co-worker told me today, that he caught his 16 year old daughter having sex with her boyfriend.

What would some of you do if this happened?
At 16, the smart thing to do is make sure your child is completely aware of all birth control options, has one or more of them available to him or her, and that you've discussed with them the emotional impact of being in a sexual relationship.

Other than that, I wouldn't (and didn't when it was my kids) "do" anything about it. Exploring a healthy sexual life is all part of growing up.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 PM

6,040 posts, read 5,972,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I would ground my daughter indefinitely, and permit absolutely no contact with her boyfriend. As simple as that!

My 16 year old daughter probably wouldn't be allowed to have a boyfriend anyway.
Ah, repressive prudish parents, how typical in the USA. You might be able to control her sex life at 16 (then again, probably not) but when she goes away to college, those are the kind of girls who end up passed out drunk at frat parties, wearing a tiny skirt with a thong and a pushup bustier, and being gang-banged by a line of drunken frat boys.

Good luck with that.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:55 PM

926 posts, read 1,143,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
I would call the Police and have the boy arrested for rape.
Who's to say the girl didn't rape the guy? She could have tied him up, yanked his pants down and assumed the cowgirl position.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 PM

3,967 posts, read 3,267,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
To him it is rape cause his sweet dumpling would NEVER do something so gross as have sex willingly with her BF.

This is the kind of dad who wonders why his daughter is promiscuous. Sounds to me like he is not living in the real world.
Pay no attention to him he is a troll nothing more.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Ah, repressive prudish parents, how typical in the USA. You might be able to control her sex life at 16 (then again, probably not) but when she goes away to college, those are the kind of girls who end up passed out drunk at frat parties, wearing a tiny skirt with a thong and a pushup bustier, and being gang-banged by a line of drunken frat boys.

Good luck with that.

*giggles*

Old 12-02-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
First off I have already had the discussion on acceptable behavior under my roof with my child. The age of consent in NYS is 17. If my daughter and is under the age of 17 in my house having sex after she already knows how I feel about the subject, then I have no choice but to call the Police. They will make the arrest, and I would follow through with the DA on pressing charges for rape and/or sexual abuse. I'm not ruining EVERYONE'S life. I'm following through on the consequences of breaking the rules I have set in my home.

Unless he is more than 4 years older than her he will only be charged with a misdemeanor, if at all. But since you claim to be a police officer you would know that right?

Old 12-02-2010, 09:29 PM

6,046 posts, read 6,184,563 times
Some of the worst parents are the parents that say "My kid? They would never do that!"

Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Some of the worst parents are the parents that say "My kid? They would never do that!"

LOL i love parents who think they are soooo close to their kids that they would know everything they did. "I would know if they had sex....belive me"

Old 12-02-2010, 09:50 PM

6,046 posts, read 6,184,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
LOL i love parents who think they are soooo close to their kids that they would know everything they did. "I would know if they had sex....belive me"
There was a certain city data poster that said she limits who her daughter dates. I tried telling the poster that her daughter would date whoever she wanted. They would date behind the mom's back if they had to. But the poster insisted her daughter would never do that.

When you try to control someone's dating life, everyone ends up worse off than if you just approved of the relationship in the first place.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
There was a certain city data poster that said she limits who her daughter dates. I tried telling the poster that her daughter would date whoever she wanted. They would date behind the mom's back if they had to. But the poster insisted her daughter would never do that.

When you try to control someone's dating life, everyone ends up worse off than if you just approved of the relationship in the first place.

LOL and she would be the first one shocked when she finds that out as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.