U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 PM

5,944 posts, read 6,373,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
A banjo is just as good as a chasity belt for men. Ain't no banjo player getting any.
Best birth control device ever made.
Unless the banjo is used to rapid bash a dudes nuts and sterilize him then no its not the best birth control device ever because herpes should be a pretty damn good deterrant but some people will have sex with anyone.

Actual birth control and the knowledge on how to use it all is the best birth control device ever made.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,801,535 times
Not if she still wants to live in my house she won't be doing that.
She "knows" the responsibility to be burden w/ child and unless she can already support buying her own contraceptive without my health coverage & be able to provide for her child & not have to live under my roof... only then she can do whatever she wants.

I think my DD is "smarter" than that & knows how I do "keep my promises" so unless she wants out of house & home = marry that guy quick... she knows better than the regular mindless flock o' sheeps..

And I will throw her out. DD or not.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:41 AM

14,212 posts, read 9,602,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
She "knows" the responsibility to be burden w/ child and unless she can already support buying her own contraceptive without my health coverage & be able to provide for her child & not have to live under my roof... only then she can do whatever she wants.

I think my DD is "smarter" than that & knows how I do "keep my promises" so unless she wants out of house & home = marry that guy quick... she knows better than the regular mindless flock o' sheeps..

Well if she is 18 you have the right to toss her but chances are she still will have sex. And PP offers low cost birth control at their clinics

Old 04-20-2012, 11:46 AM

11,613 posts, read 19,692,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post

I don't understand the thought that just because a teen has sex that a pregnancy will result. I just don't get it. I became sexually active at age 17. I became pregnant for the first time at age 27. So for ten years, I managed to be sexually active without getting pregnant.

My parents health insurance covered me until I graduated from college at age 21. I didn't need them to go to the doctor with me to get a prescription for the pill. I just went. You cannot stop your child from obtaining health care.

Also-would you REALLY throw out an older teen for having sex? What is so terrible about sex that you would put your child on the streets over it? That just seems a bit extreme to me. I understand the idea that young teens are not ready for sex. But 18-20 year olds are old enough to make their own decisions about sex.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:17 PM

4,271 posts, read 4,979,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I don't understand the thought that just because a teen has sex that a pregnancy will result. I just don't get it. I became sexually active at age 17. I became pregnant for the first time at age 27. So for ten years, I managed to be sexually active without getting pregnant.

My parents health insurance covered me until I graduated from college at age 21. I didn't need them to go to the doctor with me to get a prescription for the pill. I just went. You cannot stop your child from obtaining health care.

Also-would you REALLY throw out an older teen for having sex? What is so terrible about sex that you would put your child on the streets over it? That just seems a bit extreme to me. I understand the idea that young teens are not ready for sex. But 18-20 year olds are old enough to make their own decisions about sex.
They're also old enough to realize that actions have consequences. If Mom and Dad say no having sex while you're living at our house, not living in that house anymore is the expected consequence.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
They're also old enough to realize that actions have consequences. If Mom and Dad say no having sex while you're living at our house, not living in that house anymore is the expected consequence.
I do not think that parents should have any say in the sex life of an adult. They can have a say in whether they allow sexual activity in their home but that's about it.

Living at home is not an excuse for parents to control every aspect of their adult child's life.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Why would you care as long as they are being safe? Esp if they have gone past the age of 18?

Old 04-20-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Why would you care as long as they are being safe? Esp if they have gone past the age of 18?
Honestly, I don't really want to know about my 18 year old son's sex life. It is truly his business. I did my job teaching him what he needs to know.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Honestly, I don't really want to know about my 18 year old son's sex life. It is truly his business. I did my job teaching him what he needs to know.
I know in some cases its a religious objection but in others it seems to be an attempt at control on the one things parents have little control over.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:59 PM

4,271 posts, read 4,979,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
We don't believe in using birth control, so the answer is we would absolutely care. They can live how they want to live as long as they don't live in our house. If you're adult enough to be having sex, you're adult enough to live on your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting