U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:03 PM

12,901 posts, read 19,736,064 times

Advertisements

I never caught my son and his HS girlfriend in the act, but I will never forget the morning she walked out of his bedroom, wearing his sweats, and helped herself to some breakfast. It seems she drove 20 minutes to our house, and came in through his bedroom window, and spent the night.

At the time I was really too shocked to say anything, but I spoke to my son later, and told him I didn't want it happening again. I told him he was setting a terrible example for his younger brothers.

Now, for a funny story, my middle son went camping last summer with a group of his HS friends. He had to work, so arrived at the campsite after most of the others. It seems a ranger saw him drive in, hold a bag out his truck window, and collect cash as he distributed the contents. The state police were called in to raid the campsite, certain they would find drugs. Nope, he had stopped and bought condoms!

Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 PM

707 posts, read 1,255,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
I would call the Police and have the boy arrested for rape.

This is the most ridiculous statement ever. They BOTH consented....It would be ridiculous to ruin this boys life because you have a problem what shes doing under your roof. Its the daughters fault as well as the boys. That is not rape. As a rape victim I would find it ridiculous someone would call that rape.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:21 PM

4,480 posts, read 8,300,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Probably wasn't your face that made the most lasting impression on him anyway.
Something in my little 18 year old head said "if I can't see him he can't see me". His father had come knocked and to tell my bf the phone was for him. And he apparently only heard "come in" not that "don't". It was day time which made it worse...His father was cool however. I was allowed to stay over in his room, he was 19 tho. Whenever he slept at my house he would sleep in the basement, and sneak down!

Old 12-03-2010, 02:07 AM

5,944 posts, read 6,367,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
all I can say is when I was in high school some of the biggest tramps were rich girls from very strict religious backgrounds. a good part of what makes a girl put out at that age is who she is as a person and not so much how she was raised. one thing I will say is that these girls rarely got pregnant like the girls from the poor neighbor hoods that werenít really sleeping around. all that fear of getting caught at least made them more responsible when it came to birth control.
To be honest things havenít changed a lot in the last 15 years. I'll go out with a CPA or a teacher and she'll give it up the first night as long as it's safe sex unlike the waitress with 3 kids that holds out for a month but at the moment of truth tells you to pull it out when you're close.
Isn't it ironic
Hahahahahahaha that's horribly true in some cases.

I am so glad my mom kinda sorta wasn't weird about sex. She realised that at the end of the day she couldn't stop me if I really wanted to and basically told me to be safe and made sure I was educated.
However when I was entering my teens, everything in her mind was to get sex, make-up, the "cool" clothes, etc. It was all to make yourself hot to get sex so she was really strict on it all.

Honestly. A twelve year old doesn't want to wear make up to get laid, they want to do it to feel older, like the other girls and pretty. Its not a sex thing at that age it's an acceptance thing.

I'd say I have a pretty healthy view and practice of sex. I am really glad I turned out normal.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:36 AM

3,967 posts, read 5,660,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
This is the most ridiculous statement ever. They BOTH consented....It would be ridiculous to ruin this boys life because you have a problem what shes doing under your roof. Its the daughters fault as well as the boys. That is not rape. As a rape victim I would find it ridiculous someone would call that rape.

Ny state has very odd laws regarding stat rape....depending on the age you have to be between 4 to 5 years older to really be charged with anything......so if he was 18 and she was 14 nothing could happen as long as it was a 4 year or less gap.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:38 AM

3,967 posts, read 5,660,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Hahahahahahaha that's horribly true in some cases.

I am so glad my mom kinda sorta wasn't weird about sex. She realised that at the end of the day she couldn't stop me if I really wanted to and basically told me to be safe and made sure I was educated.
However when I was entering my teens, everything in her mind was to get sex, make-up, the "cool" clothes, etc. It was all to make yourself hot to get sex so she was really strict on it all.

Honestly. A twelve year old doesn't want to wear make up to get laid, they want to do it to feel older, like the other girls and pretty. Its not a sex thing at that age it's an acceptance thing.

I'd say I have a pretty healthy view and practice of sex. I am really glad I turned out normal.

*snickers*

Old 12-03-2010, 05:55 AM

2,178 posts, read 7,781,884 times
Casualy cleaning the shotgun or rifle when the BF shows up at the door seems to have prevented unwanted behavoir in my house.
Besides, the boys weren't allowed in my girls bedrooms anyway.
Don't know what they did on dates, but the gun thing led to some interesting conversations about hunting, target practice, etc, and to mutual interests of manly sports and even sharing those activities of hunting, etc.
And the girls (and boys) knew what was expected of them and the difference between bringing honor or shame to them or the family values or their self respect.
Must have worked. They are all grown and in their 30's and none had babys untill well after they were married. Two of them married guys who seen me cleaning my guns. We hunt together now.
I have seven grandkids between my 3 girls and 3 boys. None were born to unmarried or teenage parents.
Lust and hormones are a fact of life. Decency, respect, and the consequenses of bad decisions has to be taught and nurtured.
Too many parents have forgot that.
You can be reactive.....OMG, how could you let that happen?
Or softly proactive....get on the pill and we will let you do what you want.
Or hard proactive....If it happens you are on your own because we have taught you right from wrong and expect you to do what is right instead of submitting to instant gratification that might cause you grief for the rest of your life.
We were hard proactive. I'm glad we were. We are proud of our kids.
But the wife and I are old school types. Parents first, friends later. Strict but fair. And raising them in a way to look at tomorrow instead of a few minutes tonight.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:02 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,340,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post

You have your opinion. I have mine. At the end of the day no one will fault you for your opinion, so why fault me for mine? Can't we all just get along?

Old 12-03-2010, 07:07 AM

11,612 posts, read 19,672,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
You have your opinion. I have mine. At the end of the day no one will fault you for your opinion, so why fault me for mine? Can't we all just get along?
The definition of rape is not something that is an opinion.

Rape | Define Rape at Dictionary.com

Not that when used as a verb in reference to sex force is necessary to constitute rape. The girl in the OPs story was not raped. She was having sex.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:44 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,340,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
The definition of rape is not something that is an opinion.

Rape | Define Rape at Dictionary.com

Not that when used as a verb in reference to sex force is necessary to constitute rape. The girl in the OPs story was not raped. She was having sex.

You articulate consensual sex based on what you saw I articulate rape based on what I saw and thus what I would do in this scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting