U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:40 PM

5,096 posts, read 1,984,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So because your friend Ashlyn and your cousins are like that it means that all "sweet little church kids" are like that?

Sorry LK, but no.
You know i've noticed on this board is a habit of people not reading the entire post . Notice what i posted on the end.

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So your personal experience trumps that of others?
No more then her's trumps mine which is the general theme of my reply. You get bad apples no matter what style of parent is used. And for the most part you end up with decent kids. I think the problem lies not so much in the style of parenting as in the extremism it is applied.

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:46 PM

16,308 posts, read 10,394,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You know i've noticed on this board is a habit of people not reading the entire post . Notice what i posted on the end.
I read your edited post which said "can be" instead of "are" experts at fooling mom and dad. Can kids be experts at fooling mom and dad? Sure. Are they all? Nope. Do they all wish they could? Or are they all unhappy with how they are being brought up? No. I live in what is considered to be a pretty conservative part of town. I do know kids who are smart, well-adjusted, happy, close to their families....and very conservative. I don't know this because their parents tell me. This is what my kids tell me. I hear about the others too. Just as I hear about the good kids who have rotten parents and the kids who are traveling down a sad path regardless of parenting. Every conservative parent does not have kids who are lying, sneaking around or otherwise unhappy and can't wait to move out.

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I don't trust my dd as far as I can throw her. She will, likely, never regain my trust
She's 16 and you're saying "never". Wow. Why would she even bother to try? And you teach highschool students? I can't imagine how you can relate to that age group (or any frankly) if you don't see any possibility for redemption. Ever. Very sad.

Last edited by maciesmom; 04-22-2012 at 04:03 PM..

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:54 PM

19,375 posts, read 9,706,019 times
Quote:
Oh, I read the whole post.

You've referred to Ashlyn and your cousins previously, BTW. They seem to be your "go-to's" for bad behavior from church girls whenever you want to make the argument that the children of strict (or conservative) parents go wild. They're one small example. YOUR small example.

You may now come back and say, "Well, I also know blah, blah, blah...."

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, I read the whole post.

You've referred to Ashlyn and your cousins previously. They seem to be your "go-tos" for bad behavior from church girls whenever you want to make the argument that the children of strict parents go wild. They're one small example. YOUR small example.

You may now come back and say, "Well, I also know blah, blah, blah...."

LOL i'm sure if i sat around thinking i could but most kids turn out decent i find. We all make dumb choices in life but rarely have i see the need to actually lead a double life. To be honest really i wonder if it's so much deceit or parents just looking through rose colored glasses with assumptions on their kids behaviors. Another topic perhaps :-P.

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
She's 16 and you're saying "never". Wow. Why would she even bother to try? And you teach highschool students? I can't imagine how you can relate to that age group (or any frankly) if you don't see any possibility for redemption. Ever. Very sad.
Who are you quoting macie?

Unread 04-22-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Who are you quoting macie?

Fixed it...thanks

Unread 04-22-2012, 05:13 PM

5,300 posts, read 2,589,944 times
Rules were meant to bent, broken and flexed and changed...
Freedom is not something we should restrict, there is too much to life to be bound by rules, as long as dont harm others we should be free.

Yeah yeah i know i stopped wanting to be a cop and turned into a total freedom loving hippie....anyone got any "brownies"?

Unread 04-22-2012, 05:21 PM

19,375 posts, read 9,706,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Yeah yeah i know i stopped wanting to be a cop and turned into a total freedom loving hippie....anyone got any "brownies"?
You are not at all hippie-like. (For one thing a hippie would never have your job. It represents the man, power and the establishment.)

Sorry.

I knew hippies.

Hippies were friends of mine.

You, txtqueen, are not a hippie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting