Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 07:10 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,861,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Tell your daughter to close her legs.

ZaZing!

Old 12-09-2010, 07:15 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Tell your daughter to close her legs.

That was the original point, wasn't it?

Old 12-09-2010, 07:17 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
LOL you are kidding right? Most often the girls with DADS like you are some of the easiest girls to get in the sack at school. The more you repress your child the more she will want to buck. My brother used to laugh at dads like you, because he knew that really there was nothing you could do to him. And who says you just have to worry about the boys anyway .
I knew a guy like that in high school. His name appears on the national sex offender registry. Can you guess why?

Old 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I knew a guy like that in high school. His name appears on the national sex offender registry. Can you guess why?
Because he either committed stat rape or actually raped someone i would imagine.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:24 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That was the original point, wasn't it?
No. You are blaming the boy and threatening to call the cops and whatever else. For what? Your daughter opening her legs. Everybody blames the boy but your daughter, I can almost guarantee, is the one who is more at fault.

Boys are trained to wait for the green light. The girl gives the green light and the boy gets blamed for driving through it? Nope. Not in my world.

Do I get to put your daughter through a wall for having the audacity to touch my sweet little angel?

Old 12-09-2010, 07:28 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
No. You are blaming the boy and threatening to call the cops and whatever else. For what? Your daughter opening her legs. Everybody blames the boy but your daughter, I can almost guarantee, is the one who is more at fault.

Boys are trained to wait for the green light. The girl gives the green light and the boy gets blamed for driving through it? Nope. Not in my world.

Do I get to put your daughter through a wall for having the audacity to touch my sweet little angel?

Ask her mama.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:28 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Because he either committed stat rape or actually raped someone i would imagine.
That's right. How many statutory rape investigators are there in your area? That gets prosecuted because a father has a serious problem with his daughter's boyfriend's attitude.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
That's right. How many statutory rape investigators are there in your area? That gets prosecuted because a father has a serious problem with his daughter's boyfriend's attitude.
My brother never slept with anyone that was underage so it wouldn't matter. And if a boy is doing that he is playing Russian Roulette.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:37 AM

78,370 posts, read 60,566,039 times
I think the point here is that your kid (boy or girl) if they are 16 are likely only 2 years from being off to school.

You have to remain calm and look at the situation practically.

So,

1) Birth control - mandatory. Pretty much the #1 most serious consequence that can come from this interaction.

2) It's hillarious that this thread is portraying the guy as the one chasing the gal. The girls are VERY aggressive in this day and age...don't fool yourself that it wasn't the girl that had her bf over and jumped him. (I've had this happen to myself once or twice in highschool and in college a bit as well...one gal I worked with I had over to watch movies and we started making out and she flat out said "you know there's nothing stopping you". I've have had friends that have had experiences less subtle than that where the gal flat out jumped them in the literal sense.)

3) They are already at least partially out of your control and in 2 years might be totally out of your house and away and college. So, you need to take a long-term view as to what lesson they can learn and how you might effectively communicate with them. This will depend upon your relationship with them, personalities etc.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:41 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think the point here is that your kid (boy or girl) if they are 16 are likely only 2 years from being off to school.

You have to remain calm and look at the situation practically.

So,

1) Birth control - mandatory. Pretty much the #1 most serious consequence that can come from this interaction.

2) It's hillarious that this thread is portraying the guy as the one chasing the gal. The girls are VERY aggressive in this day and age...don't fool yourself that it wasn't the girl that had her bf over and jumped him. (I've had this happen to myself once or twice in highschool.)

3) They are already at least partially out of your control and in 2 years might be totally out of your house and away and college. So, you need to take a long-term view as to what lesson they can learn and how you might effectively communicate with them. This will depend upon your relationship with them, personalities etc.
Finally!! A rational man in this thread!!! You are correct on all points, sir. I often think the boys are more afraid of sex than the girls, but the boys are the ones who get blamed.

The main point for all fathers to accept....your little princess is hardly ever the princess you think she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting