Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 06:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
I would call the Police and have the boy arrested for rape.
That doesn't work unless the boys are several years older and even then it's probably a stupid idea. It's a teriffic way to ruin EVERYONES life however, so if that's your goal...yup

Old 12-02-2010, 06:30 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I would tell my wife to keep a close eye on her and to never allow her to leave the house unaccompanied, excluding school. Severe violations require severe punishments.

And all you will ensure is she does it anyway with that attitude.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:31 PM

144 posts, read 307,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
So if he put her on BC what is his problem then?
He knew she was no angel, and he wanted her to be protected.

Just cause he knows she is sexually active doesnt mean he wants her boinking around in the house or see his child having sex.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:31 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:

Old 12-02-2010, 06:35 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
Quote:

Really??? You'd have this poor kid become a registered sex offender for the rest of his life because he had sex with his girlfriend? Basically ruining his life forever.......

Why??? Because of over active teenage hormones

Old 12-02-2010, 06:42 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That doesn't work unless the boys are several years older and even then it's probably a stupid idea. It's a teriffic way to ruin EVERYONES life however, so if that's your goal...yup

First off I have already had the discussion on acceptable behavior under my roof with my child. The age of consent in NYS is 17. If my daughter and is under the age of 17 in my house having sex after she already knows how I feel about the subject, then I have no choice but to call the Police. They will make the arrest, and I would follow through with the DA on pressing charges for rape and/or sexual abuse. I'm not ruining EVERYONE'S life. I'm following through on the consequences of breaking the rules I have set in my home.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Really??? You'd have this poor kid become a registered sex offender for the rest of his life because he had sex with his girlfriend? Basically ruining his life forever.......

Why??? Because of over active teenage hormones

Yes I would.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:48 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Quote:
First off I have already had the discussion on acceptable behavior under my roof with my child. The age of consent in NYS is 17. If my daughter and is under the age of 17 in my house having sex after she already knows how I feel about the subject, then I have no choice but to call the Police. They will make the arrest, and I would follow through with the DA on pressing charges for rape and/or sexual abuse. I'm not ruining EVERYONE'S life. I'm following through on the consequences of breaking the rules I have set in my home.

That is fine, but have you told EVERY boy who comes into your home the "rules" and the consequences? Why punish the boy, when he did not know the rules, only your daughter did, but the boy will be the one sent to jail for rape? I am the mom of three very decent, young men. But I know, if a girl was into sex, and wanted a "party" not one of them would turn her down. But, if the boys KNEW that they would be arrested for RAPE if they touched her in your home, I am pretty sure that they would not be hanging out there at all.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:55 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,481,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
That is fine, but have you told EVERY boy who comes into your home the "rules" and the consequences? Why punish the boy, when he did not know the rules, only your daughter did, but the boy will be the one sent to jail for rape? I am the mom of three very decent, young men. But I know, if a girl was into sex, and wanted a "party" not one of them would turn her down. But, if the boys KNEW that they would be arrested for RAPE if they touched her in your home, I am pretty sure that they would not be hanging out there at all.
Finally, a mother who understands her sons.

Were all of the fathers here the paragon of virginal innocence until their wedding night? How would they like to be called rapists for having sex with their high school girlfriends?

One can't stop their son or daughter from having sex at the end of the day.
They can however designate their house as off limits and provide safe-sex advice.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
EXACTLY!!!!!!

The reasonable logical thing I would do is let it be known to BOTH parties what the consequences are for engaging in such behavior. If the boy decides to let his hormones get the best of him he is fully aware of the consequences as my daughter is ALREADY aware of what will happen if she decides to let her hormones get the best of her as well. Remember knowing is half the battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting