Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,802,294 times

Advertisements

I'll never forget being 18 and my boyfriends father walking into the room with me on top. All i could do was hide my face and all he did was put the phone down and walk out.

I dunno. My mom would of probably said "Oh My God" and walked out and later said "I don't want to see that". She never made a big deal out of things and as a result I never developed any unhealthy attachments and complexes around sex.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:11 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,441,860 times
all I can say is when I was in high school some of the biggest tramps were rich girls from very strict religious backgrounds. a good part of what makes a girl put out at that age is who she is as a person and not so much how she was raised. one thing I will say is that these girls rarely got pregnant like the girls from the poor neighbor hoods that weren’t really sleeping around. all that fear of getting caught at least made them more responsible when it came to birth control.
To be honest things haven’t changed a lot in the last 15 years. I'll go out with a CPA or a teacher and she'll give it up the first night as long as it's safe sex unlike the waitress with 3 kids that holds out for a month but at the moment of truth tells you to pull it out when you're close.
Isn't it ironic

Old 12-02-2010, 08:22 PM

218 posts, read 453,332 times
Takes two to tango, the boy shouldn't be the only one punished. This reminds me of something funny. My hubby and I were high school sweethearts, and of course we were up to the same ole shananagins as most of our friends....well I was 16 and he was 17, and his mother (a nurse) found out, well, she sat me down and had a talk about std's and pregnancy and what not (which was mortifying, but I dealt), now, it wasn't like I didn't have a mother. My mother and father already told me all I needed to know and then some (gross pics). Well she had no problem making me feel awkward, but when it came to her 17 year old step daughter she was too uncomfortable to have the sex talk. She never did have that sex talk with her( not that it would've helped).....and guess who got knocked up!!!! HA!!! The step-daughter (she was 17 when she had her first, and 19 with her second both from different baby daddies) And here, her son and I have been together for going on 6 years and married for going on 2, and no kids!!! again, HA!........she probably thinks it's because of the talk she had with me......heeheehee

Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,429,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
First off I have already had the discussion on acceptable behavior under my roof with my child. The age of consent in NYS is 17. If my daughter and is under the age of 17 in my house having sex after she already knows how I feel about the subject, then I have no choice but to call the Police. They will make the arrest, and I would follow through with the DA on pressing charges for rape and/or sexual abuse. I'm not ruining EVERYONE'S life. I'm following through on the consequences of breaking the rules I have set in my home.

Sooooo, do you tell all your daughter's boyfriends your "rules of the house" pertaining to no sex in your house???? Is it OK for them to have sex in the back of his car? Or in his parents' house? Or in a motel room?

The consequences of breaking the rules you have set in your home fall on your daughter, not her boyfriend.

Oh, and if your daughter is having sex with a boy under the age of 17, she can also be arrested, so watch what you do.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,806,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I would ground my daughter indefinitely, and permit absolutely no contact with her boyfriend. As simple as that!

My 16 year old daughter probably wouldn't be allowed to have a boyfriend anyway.
How could you stop a person from having a boy/girlfriend at that age? At a certain point you cannot control another person's relationships. They will have those friendships and romance with or without your approval.

Kids have friends in school and develop social relationships whether you approve or not. While you could certainly forbid her from going on a date without your approval, which I think is ridiculous, but there is no way that YOU could control the relationship from existing.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:29 PM

970 posts, read 2,203,522 times
Quote:
First off I have already had the discussion on acceptable behavior under my roof with my child. The age of consent in NYS is 17. If my daughter and is under the age of 17 in my house having sex after she already knows how I feel about the subject, then I have no choice but to call the Police. They will make the arrest, and I would follow through with the DA on pressing charges for rape and/or sexual abuse. I'm not ruining EVERYONE'S life. I'm following through on the consequences of breaking the rules I have set in my home.

So what happens if your daughter is 17 and having sex with her 16 year old boyfriend?

Old 12-02-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I would call the Police and have the boy arrested for rape.
How is it rape?

Old 12-02-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
EXACTLY!!!!!!

The reasonable logical thing I would do is let it be known to BOTH parties what the consequences are for engaging in such behavior. If the boy decides to let his hormones get the best of him he is fully aware of the consequences as my daughter is ALREADY aware of what will happen if she decides to let her hormones get the best of her as well. Remember knowing is half the battle.
How is it rape if she consents?

Old 12-02-2010, 08:42 PM

87,995 posts, read 83,827,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I'll never forget being 18 and my boyfriends father walking into the room with me on top. All i could do was hide my face and all he did was put the phone down and walk out.

I dunno. My mom would of probably said "Oh My God" and walked out and later said "I don't want to see that". She never made a big deal out of things and as a result I never developed any unhealthy attachments and complexes around sex.
Probably wasn't your face that made the most lasting impression on him anyway.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:44 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,783,841 times
To him it is rape cause his sweet dumpling would NEVER do something so gross as have sex willingly with her BF.

This is the kind of dad who wonders why his daughter is promiscuous. Sounds to me like he is not living in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting