Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh, you moved out? I'm sorry, I didn't realize! That's great! Good luck to both of you.
Well all my stuff is still at my moms, i go there and grab more clothes from time to time and stay maybe once or twice a month when scheduling conflicts arise and i dont wanna be alone with his roommate for 4 hours.

So i still have to move my stuff out and make some space at TG's but me him and his current roommate are going to rent a house together and itll be official between him and i!!!!!!!

Ive been staying over there all the time for like the past 5 or 6 months like this........

Old 04-21-2012, 07:03 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Well all my stuff is still at my moms, i go there and grab more clothes from time to time and stay maybe once or twice a month when scheduling conflicts arise and i dont wanna be alone with his roommate for 4 hours.

So i still have to move my stuff out and make some space at TG's but me him and his current roommate are going to rent a house together and itll be official between him and i!!!!!!!

Ive been staying over there all the time for like the past 5 or 6 months like this........
What happened to moving to the family homestead and renovating? Nothing is official without a marriage license.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:26 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Ew. WTF do you use?
Hot water....agitation gets the dirt off and hot water kills bacteria, soap is really not needed and a waste of money.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:42 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Well, even if you don't use soap, there is still the water (the cost to heat the water since you are using hot water), the gas/electric and the actual washer and dryer you are using....laundromats are not free. They don't care whether you use soap or not...it's the use of the machine. Personally, I do appreciate some soap. And bleach for whites. But that's m

Old 04-21-2012, 07:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Well, even if you don't use soap, there is still the water (the cost to heat the water since you are using hot water), the gas/electric and the actual washer and dryer you are using....laundromats are not free. They don't care whether you use soap or not...it's the use of the machine. Personally, I do appreciate some soap. And bleach for whites. But that's m
And the initial purchase of the washer and dryer.

Which seems to be over-looked. Like the initial purchase of the house. (The physical roof over your head.) If you are a 20-something that has ponied up on the down payment and all the fees associated with buying a house, let us know. Or, if the parental unit rents, contributing towards the first and last month's rent. Security deposit. Etc. Moving van. New carpet. Getting the utilities hooked up. If y'all have chipped in be sure to let us know!

And that sweet little fridge in your bedroom to keep the Gatorade nice and frosty. And the Tempur-Pedic mattress for those of you who have one.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
What happened to moving to the family homestead and renovating? Nothing is official without a marriage license.
Its still up for debate but were still trying to hear back about how much we'll get paid back for the year of work.

And thats so old school some people can be so in love but so very very poor and cant afford to get married, a piece of paper based on a religious tradition means nothing, the love two people feel for each other is what matters. I can picture us getting married one day but thats still a ways off. I love him so much and i would be happy taking his last name one day and making awesome looking babies, hes smoking hot, they'll be cute babies but for now, love is all we need not a piece of paper.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Hot water....agitation gets the dirt off and hot water kills bacteria, soap is really not needed and a waste of money.
Dude....you dont like your clothes coming out smelling snuggle effing fresh????

Old 04-21-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Its still up for debate but were still trying to hear back about how much we'll get paid back for the year of work.

And thats so old school some people can be so in love but so very very poor and cant afford to get married, a piece of paper based on a religious tradition means nothing, the love two people feel for each other is what matters. I can picture us getting married one day but thats still a ways off. I love him so much and i would be happy taking his last name one day and making awesome looking babies, hes smoking hot, they'll be cute babies but for now, love is all we need not a piece of paper.
Getting married costs not very much. A marriage license and a JP.

Does he feel as strongly as you? If so, why are you sneaking behind the roommate's back to his room?

Old 04-21-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Getting married costs not very much. A marriage license and a JP.

Does he feel as strongly as you? If so, why are you sneaking behind the roommate's back to his room?
I dont as much anymore she and i are trying ro work on us getting along but he wants me over as do i more than she is ready for so in order to get to spend time together we have to, neither of us wants to limit my staying over to as little as shed prefer so we let some times be known and others not but like i said about the whole house thing .....shes going to have to learn to love me fast because well be living in the same housee and we'll have to get a long.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I dont as much anymore she and i are trying ro work on us getting along but he wants me over as do i more than she is ready for so in order to get to spend time together we have to, neither of us wants to limit my staying over to as little as shed prefer so we let some times be known and others not but like i said about the whole house thing .....shes going to have to learn to love me fast because well be living in the same housee and we'll have to get a long.
If they are just roommates, why does she care (or he care that she cares)? I'm really not getting this scenario. IME roommates typically don't care what the other does as long as they clean up after themselves, don't eat food they didn't buy and pay their bills on time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting