Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 10:54 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,968,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Lie. She has been pretty clear about that.
Not now, not in my situation, before i would when ii had noto other options, now ii would tell my mom you dont **** with a woman in love and try to keep her from the guy shes in love with, id tell her id be getting my stuff out, its plausible now because i have somewhere to move into and someone who wants to move in with me. I didnt before.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Ah. So much for the "living like an adult" motto. That's what I was trying to figure out, thanks.
My stuff is at my moms house not me. I dont live there she cant make those rules on me anynore anyways. All i have to do is move the contents of my room out and o dont have the extra money for a truck and storage, i get my taxes back in a week or so.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:02 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
id tell her id be getting my stuff out,
I've been wondering about that. Do you get to take all the things she's bought you? Bed. Lamps. Fridge. You know. Stuff.

BTW: You've been living LIKE an adult. It's all been pretend so far because you've had your mother's roof over your head, a car purchased by Grandma, and you've lied to sneak into your boyfriend's bed. Pretty hard to make the rent by lying to the landlord.

When you actually start BEING an adult (June? I'm going to make a note) let us know. Maybe then you'll get that pat on the back you so desperately want. Until then.... So far you've wanted the rights without having the responsibilities.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
My stuff is at my moms house not me. I dont live there she cant make those rules on me anynore anyways. All i have to do is move the contents of my room out and o dont have the extra money for a truck and storage, i get my taxes back in a week or so.
I've said a few times now I am talking about a hypothetical situation, not the best-of-both-worlds scenario you have now. I was trying to learn what you meant by "live like an adult and not let anybody control you." Now I know.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:08 AM

Would you want me to say id go back there till my stuff was moved out??
What if it took a month? A month of not seeing my boyfriend? Would you want me to say id break up with him because she asked me to?
Itd atleast be three weeks till i had the money and with work itd take me like another week to pack the truck alone.

Id be unhappy, id be sad, id miss him so much, youre telling me to respect a person who didnt care about my happiness because i still had some clothes and furniture at my moms??

Old 04-23-2012, 11:13 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
itd take me like another week to pack the truck alone.
Wow. You must have a lot of stuff.

When I moved out it was a few friends, a couple of their vans and it took half a morning. (I had a lot of clothes.)

My parents bought everyone pizza to celebrate, lol.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've been wondering about that. Do you get to take all the things she's bought you? Bed. Lamps. Fridge. You know. Stuff.

BTW: You've been living LIKE an adult. It's all been pretend so far because you've had your mother's roof over your head, a car purchased by Grandma, and you've lied to sneak into your boyfriend's bed. Pretty hard to make the rent by lying to the landlord.

When you actually start BEING an adult (June? I'm going to make a note) let us know. Maybe then you'll get that pat on the back you so desperately want. Until then.... So far you've wanted the rights without having the responsibilities.
I havent been at my moms in over a month straight now, its been like that since sometime last year when i started staying at tgs more often.

I met him in august of 2010. I lied all of september, became a live in nanny in september, i was moved out of my moms house then free to do what i wanted, then when i moved back in new years eve i told her i was spending the night at his house, it was maybe a month of living at home that i lied. After moving back in after the nanny house i was honest.
Ive stayed at my moms house maybe 10 times since november of last year.

I get the contents of my room, lamps, clothes, dresser, tv, tv stand.
I bought the plastic dressers, the tv stand, the clothes im taking i bought, im getting rid of most my clothes they are too big, the smaller ones i bought.
Im not taking my bed since his parents just gave him a king sized mattress but i am taking the pillows, the mini fridge was a christmas gift.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Would you want me to say id go back there till my stuff was moved out??
What if it took a month? A month of not seeing my boyfriend? Would you want me to say id break up with him because she asked me to?
Itd atleast be three weeks till i had the money and with work itd take me like another week to pack the truck alone.

Id be unhappy, id be sad, id miss him so much, youre telling me to respect a person who didnt care about my happiness because i still had some clothes and furniture at my moms??
No, I was curious what "live like an adult" really meant to you.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times
Quote:
Let me clarify. Im not technically at home anymore. Which is why i get to live life like im living on my own.
Ive actually been through that with her. When i first met tg, my mom and i had never tackled the issue of me staying the night at a guys house. So i didnt ask pemission, i didnt tell her what i was doing. Id text her later in the night and tell her i was spending the night at my friend melissas. I met tg a week after i turned 21. Based on how she acted on the issue when i was 19, she hated when i asked to just crash at a friends, she thought the worst. So i didnt even try to tackle that issue with her again when i was 21.
She eventually came to know where i was staying, met him and likes him but i am so glad i did not let him pass me by. He was 24 when i met him, what 24 year old would want to date a 21 year old who is still controlled by their mom? Hes the kind of guy who wants a strong independent woman who can take care of herself and doesnt let anything stand in the way of what she wants, i didnt let anything stand in the way of getting him. Had i said something like my mom wont let me spend the night at guys houses sorry i cant spend the night i would have heard something like i need someone more mature....instead if he asked if my mom knew where i was i answered something like idk, that's my business.

My brother has a girlfriend, they have sex neither one of them are considered sluts at school, they have tons of friends and their parents trust them to not be stupid.

Wait isn't this the guy who has his gf drive him around and still needs to live with a roommate ?

Old 04-23-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wow. You must have a lot of stuff.

When I moved out it was a few friends, a couple of their vans and it took half a morning. (I had a lot of clothes.)

My parents bought everyone pizza to celebrate, lol.
Im taking a:
Night stand
The clothes that fit(i lost a lot of weight)
Two plastic dressers.
Hanging shelves.
A tv / tv stand
mini fridge/ the small tv stand it sits on.
A big wooden dresser that i got from my grandmother.
my lamps
And all my pillows
and this bowl chair i have.

Tg has no bedroom furniture hes using his roommates stuff. My stuff is all we have
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.