Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 04:11 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times

Advertisements

It actually depends on a lot of things.

First, they would have to be legal. If they weren't legal, I'd go off my nut and speak to the parents of the gf/bf, watch them like a hawk in future.

If they were of age, it would depend if it was a gf/bf or just a casual friend. I would certainly not be happy with casual sex and would repeat the above procedure.

If it was a "relationship" I'd provide condoms, a good talk about responsibility and unwanted diseases/pregnancy, and privacy and respect for the young couple.

The reason I would be so calm is that my kids and I always had an open relationship and could talk about anything. I've given them enough education through the years and know them both well enough to confidently say they are going to be quite relaxed about the whole situation, as will I. My daughter in fact is the only 19 year old virgin I've ever known - she made up her mind at a very early age that she was going to be a career girl and boys would only get in the way. She's at uni now and I guess she's had a bf but I haven't asked, and she hasn't told. It's her business now anyway.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
No quite the opposite actually as they will do it out of spite then.
Exactly! And parents who kid themselves with the "you can only be in the common rooms of the house" or remove doors to bedrooms, obviously are oblivious to skipping classes, going to a "friends" house or any other excuse. Sex doesn't take long, especially to those new at it...

Old 04-18-2012, 04:13 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,603,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Chastity Belts are only used on "females" girls or women.....
A banjo is just as good as a chasity belt for men. Ain't no banjo player getting any.
Best birth control device ever made.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:13 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
It actually depends on a lot of things.

First, they would have to be legal. If they weren't legal, I'd go off my nut and speak to the parents of the gf/bf, watch them like a hawk in future.

If they were of age, it would depend if it was a gf/bf or just a casual friend. I would certainly not be happy with casual sex and would repeat the above procedure.

If it was a "relationship" I'd provide condoms, a good talk about responsibility and unwanted diseases/pregnancy, and privacy and respect for the young couple.

The reason I would be so calm is that my kids and I always had an open relationship and could talk about anything. I've given them enough education through the years and know them both well enough to confidently say they are going to be quite relaxed about the whole situation, as will I. My daughter in fact is the only 19 year old virgin I've ever known - she made up her mind at a very early age that she was going to be a career girl and boys would only get in the way. She's at uni now and I guess she's had a bf but I haven't asked, and she hasn't told. It's her business now anyway.
Most states have close age exceptions so unless one was dramatically different in age they would be legal.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Exactly! And parents who kid themselves with the "you can only be in the common rooms of the house" or remove doors to bedrooms, obviously are oblivious to skipping classes, going to a "friends" house or any other excuse. Sex doesn't take long, especially to those new at it...
Yep i know a girl whose dad would drive her dates around, sit in the movie theater with them, and send his younger daughter in the bedroom to spy on them *door was open too*. And they still found time to mess around and have sex.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:24 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
And they dont even have to go anywhere else to do it either.
TG's roommate doesnt like me because im with TG and shes not, he can open the front door and i literally can walk behind her while shes sitting on the couch and into his room. She doesnt hear or suspect anything the whole night completely oblivious. Its very easy to get away with things if you're sneaky enough.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Yep i know a girl whose dad would drive her dates around, sit in the movie theater with them, and send his younger daughter in the bedroom to spy on them *door was open too*. And they still found time to mess around and have sex.
Ill DM you what i really wanted to say.

My mon lets my brothers girlfriend spend the night and she told me she knew they didnt do anything. Bwhahahahahahaha.

She fell asleep at some point during the night.
I told tg about it and he told me his girlfriend was allowed to spend the night one time and his mom told them it was time to get up and get ready for school and she said it twice and he was like were getting ready and really they were having sex and his mom was like no you arent i can see what youre doing and he asked what and she said she could see their shadows on his door the sun was coming in a perfect angle that their shadows were clear on the door.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Ill DM you what i really wanted to say.

My mon lets my brothers girlfriend spend the night and she told me she knew they didnt do anything. Bwhahahahahahaha.

She fell asleep at some point during the night.
I told tg about it and he told me his girlfriend was allowed to spend the night one time and his mom told them it was time to get up and get ready for school and she said it twice and he was like were getting ready and really they were having sex and his mom was like no you arent i can see what youre doing and he asked what and she said she could see their shadows on his door the sun was coming in a perfect angle that their shadows were clear on the door.
Unless this is an episode of 7th heaven then you will not get 2 hormonal teens to spend the night together and have nothing happen.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Unless this is an episode of 7th heaven then you will not get 2 hormonal teens to spend the night together and have nothing happen.
I know right?
She let them sleep in the same bed too.
Are you kidding me? I guess they played monopoly all night.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
A banjo is just as good as a chasity belt for men. Ain't no banjo player getting any.
Best birth control device ever made.
We must not know the same pickers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting