Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 08:49 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times

Advertisements

Guns + txtqueen =
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Guns + txtqueen =
*giggles*

Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Again.......I am not going to debate that (gun laws) on this thread, in this forum.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
He might never carry one in general though, most corrections officers in prisons are not armed.
Yeah, I think I would know whether or not MY brother-in-law carries a gun at work more than you would. He does. Is that with a capital T?

Old 12-13-2010, 01:19 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
But you are -not- a cop. You have -not- gone through Academy yet, you have -not- been offered a position in any police force. You aren't even an armed security guard for a museum's third shift. And when you -are- a cop, you will likely cease to be a nanny, and your ideas for what might happen if you're a cop doing nanny work part time in someone's basement has no basis in reality...or even in any particularly interesting fantasy for that matter.
Since when they hell did me and nannying while packing come into play.
FFS I stated IF I MOVED OUT, I would THEN get a gun, while LIVING AWAY FROM THE FAMILY.
I have no reason to carry a gun now, nor do I really want one now.

Quote:
Well if she is a nanny then she should be following the rules of her employer. But i fail to see why it's a bad idea if you are a mother.
Me using a gun while as a nanny isn't even on the radar. THAT is a bad idea and pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Sympathy may be but the law won't be unless she can show she had reasonable belief that her life was in danger.

And look, I have no problem with the second amendment (not that I want to argue that here anyway...). I do however, have concern that a very young (and somewhat immature) person who has a romanticized idea of "cop swagger" and who, even at 21 has a difficult time differentiating between spending a year or two as an Explorer and actually being a LEO. - No offense txtqueen, you've come a long way since you first started posting - - She is growing up. She still has a ways to go. Until then, I don't think she needs to be "packing". JMHO.
I don't have a hard time differentiating the two.
I DO think that I have a lot more knowledge and insight about what it is to be a cop than most people. With as much time as I spent and still do spend around cops, I see a lot of what it is like and I know a lot too.

And there is no issue with me carrying. I wouldn't do anything wrong, I wouldn't misuse it. I can be trusted. End of story.

Quote:
Sympathy is all that matters when you are dealing with a group of citizens deciding your guilt however/ Generally they always side with the victim macie......when you are dealing with a jury there tends to be no sympathy towards someone breaking into your house getting shot. There have been cases *such as the one in texas* where it's really been questionable of the legality and the person still got off. So unless she shoots the guy in the back fleeing out the door it will almost always be justified.
I know the make my day law like the back of my hand and when you can and can't shoot a person for coming into your house.
I know the stipulations for feeling like your life is in danger and I know everything about all that inside and out.

If someone simply broke into my house without a weapons, I wouldn't be stupid enough to pull a gun on them. I could probably try to scare them out of my house first.

Quote:
Guns + txtqueen =
Its not that scary.
I take everything law enforcement very seriously. Whether you people know how I feel about LE and how seriously I take it, is beyond me and I don't care. I know I am responsible enough to carry and wouldn't do anything dumb and whether a bunch of people on the internet know that, I don't care.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:24 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Me using a gun while as a nanny isn't even on the radar. THAT is a bad idea and pointless.
I'm really glad to know this, txtqueen. I'm sorry if I assumed otherwise at first. In this instance, I think you're making the responsible choice.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:27 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:

I know the make my day law like the back of my hand and when you can and can't shoot a person for coming into your house.
I know the stipulations for feeling like your life is in danger and I know everything about all that inside and out.

Txtqueen the law there states all you have to do is perceive the intruder might use force *force not being defined* and you can use deadly force. That is not the most liberal version of a make my day law but it's darn close. So the chances of someone being indicted over it are slim, and the chances for a conviction even if they were is even slimmer then that.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:08 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Its not that scary.
I take everything law enforcement very seriously. Whether you people know how I feel about LE and how seriously I take it, is beyond me and I don't care. I know I am responsible enough to carry and wouldn't do anything dumb and whether a bunch of people on the internet know that, I don't care.
I was just pulling your leg.

Honestly,

Guns + FinsterRufus = too.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
I'm really glad to know this, txtqueen. I'm sorry if I assumed otherwise at first. In this instance, I think you're making the responsible choice.
I don't even carry my knife while with the kids.
The clips broken anyways but I don't need to do so with them.
I have other means of protecting them that I can possess with out it being a danger to them...

Like screaming, my right leg(I played soccer) and my fist...
I can hurt men that are either smaller or slightly bigger than I am, which encompasses a lot of men, sad for men, good for me.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I was just pulling your leg.

Honestly,

Guns + FinsterRufus = too.
I am actually quite serious when it comes to guns.
LE is the ONE area where I am dead on serious and don't joke around.

The police have their rules about guns. I follow those to a T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting