Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:01 PM

37,059 posts, read 42,027,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
In order to get a job at a day care in my state, you have to go through all these hoops and certifications...it's hard to get those kinds of jobs. Trust me, I would if I could. I am just feeling that baby fever, to have a bundle of puking, pooping joy of my own I guess....
Then go through the hoops. If you think THAT is too much trouble a baby will kill you.

I think you are trolling anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 10:03 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,129,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence. being tied down, broke and with not a lot of help with children is no way to live life in your early twenties. there is way more to life than babies. look for it and do babies when you can actually offer the child something more than you selfishly wanted because you thought it might make you happy
The young women I see with kids seem to be so...happy. I know that there is more to life than having babies, but the thought of having a baby, someone to love and cherish soothes me.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Then go through the hoops. If you think THAT is too much trouble a baby will kill you.

I think you are trolling anyway
I am not, but if you think that I am so be it. I would get all the certifications, but right now, I am working on getting my BSN and most daycares require you to work hours that conflict with clinicals etc.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:05 PM

677 posts, read 1,534,237 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, I have. I've volunteered for hospitals and nursing homes, I love working as an Office Assistant for my school, and my cousin's wife is having a baby soon that I would love to baby sit.

I've suffer from depression for a while, but the main reason I've been feeling a void is because of a recent break up that has left my heart pretty empty. I know it may sound silly, but whenever I see a newborn or a small child, my day just lightens up.
I'm sorry about your break-up. I'm sure that hurts and will take time to get over.
Could you volunteer someplace for babies and/or children?
How soon will the cousins baby be here? Do you live close enough to lend a hand with the baby? That would be wonderful for all you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
I'm sorry about your break-up. I'm sure that hurts and will take time to get over.
Could you volunteer someplace for babies and/or children?
How soon will the cousins baby be here? Do you live close enough to lend a hand with the baby? That would be wonderful for all you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could volunteer at the NICU at my local hospital. My cousin's baby should be here next month, and I am within decent driving distance from there. It just breaks my heart that I don't have a baby of my own.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 PM

37,059 posts, read 42,027,507 times
Quote:
I am not, but if you think that I am so be it. I would get all the certifications, but right now, I am working on getting my BSN and most daycares require you to work hours that conflict with clinicals etc.
So will a baby.

So be it. I refuse to beleive you come to a forum, as a newbie, and after getting 3 pages of reasons why it's a bad idea you still insist it's a good one.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 PM

18,324 posts, read 18,930,505 times
Quote:
I understand where you are coming from, but I have to contest when you say I'd be a "terrible single parent." Who knows? I could be a hell of a parent. You don't know what kind of mother or father you will be until you have kids of your own, right?

And yeah, I am on meds and stabilizing my depression.
I doubt you would be a terrible parent in terms of the love you have to offer, you would be a terrible parent in that you can't support a baby as well as you could when you were older and finished school. having a baby because you are emotionally lonesome is a terrible reason to have a child. if you can't be satisfied with yourself as you are, you could inadvertently lean way too much your child than a parent who is overall more satisfied with life. sounds like you just have lots of love to share in general and no one worth while around to give it to. re evaluate your life, add the things that will make you happier. fall in love with a great man and have a baby where you can enjoy all of the experience.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,815,480 times
Quote:
No offense, but I have tried to "enjoy life" but I simply can't. I have major baby fever as of now. I would get a pet if I could, but where I live, I am not allow to have a pet.

But I agree that 2k isn't enough...how much should I have saved for a baby?
Doesn't a baby deserve better than a single mother with mental health problems and no means of supporting it, no committed full-time father?

When you are able to place your wants and needs secondary to what is best for the child, then you will be ready. A baby will not cure your depression and is no guarantee you will be happy.

Get mentally and financially healthy first. Try to build a family before getting pregnant because it is just selfish to cheat a child out of two parents from the get-go.

Please, get on implanted birth control so that your depression does not allow you to get pregnant before you are healthy and capable of caring for a child.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So will a baby.

So be it. I refuse to beleive you come to a forum, as a newbie, and after getting 3 pages of reasons why it's a bad idea you still insist it's a good one.
A newbie? I've been here for a few months, but I rarely post. And I never said it was a good idea.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:12 PM

18,324 posts, read 18,930,505 times
Quote:
The young women I see with kids seem to be so...happy. I know that there is more to life than having babies, but the thought of having a baby, someone to love and cherish soothes me.
trust me if you were to read your own posts a few years from now you would realize how young you are. all you are saying is what a baby will do for YOU> what can you do for a baby when you have a low paying job? who can care for your baby while you try to earn a living to pay rent and get diapers? get real. you are living in a fantasy world if you are not sharp enough to know you are thinking very selfishly. yes the answer is you are way to young to have a baby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting