Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 02:31 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I can pass everything to get into police academy, I will have to work really hard at the physical stuff but I can do it.

And while I can't gain size vertically, I can gain a lot horizontally and become a deputy....why go over the fence when you can go through it? I KID....

Heh. I actually saw a fat cop lean against a rickety wooden fence once and fall backwards right through it. It was hysterical. If he can pass the physical then I think you will do just fine.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:43 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Heh. I actually saw a fat cop lean against a rickety wooden fence once and fall backwards right through it. It was hysterical. If he can pass the physical then I think you will do just fine.
I was watching cops once and saw a fat cop cut off a guy that was being chased on foot by some skinny cops, the skinny cops chased the guy around a fence and then BAM the fat cop just all out ran and tackled the bad guy and just flattened him to the ground..

Just goes to show, always worry when they send the skinny cop to chase you....the fat one is lurking around the corner.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:13 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Meanwhile, txt, pick up the application forms for the academy yet?

If not pick them up next week once you have some time. And start filling them out. We all know the academy is your heart's desire so get her done!
Any LE academy will be checking her Facebook and other social networking posts.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Any LE academy will be checking her Facebook and other social networking posts.
I have nothing to hide on facebook, or I can just delete it and make a new one.
And as for here...have fun finding that I posted here.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:46 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I have nothing to hide on facebook, or I can just delete it and make a new one.
And as for here...have fun finding that I posted here.
I know people who can de-bunk that assumtion in a couple of hours. What you post is out there in the ether for the rest of your life. There will always be programmers and hackers who can find every single thing ALL of us post.

BTW - As soon as you drive down the hill from Vail get your tush in gear and pick up that application. And fill it out. I was shocked to just read you are already 21. Time to seriously get your act in gear. You are putting it off and your competition have their apps filled out and submitted.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:15 PM

Default I told you so.

You told me so....and I didn't listen.

So you guys who told me that I was being used and things were sketch, well you were right.

So they came back early from they vacay and there were a few issues that had arised.

A) I wasn't able to get a hold of the neighbor to get their dog back and apparently I didn't buy dog food and the neighbor had to pay out of pocket to feed their dog and all sorts of other Moderator cut: language and neither one of the likes to answer their phones so for 3 days the dog was at the neighbors and I knocked and rang the door bell like 3-4 times a day to see if they were home.

I DID buy dog food, granted it was not the correct brand but when she cut me my check she included the dog food money in there and told me I could not deposit the check until 12/23. I worked 10 hours on 12/23 and cashed my checks on 12/23 after close of business on my lunch break around 6pm and did not have time to buy the dog food on my break, so the next day again I worked all day until 7pm, Christmas Eve and petsmart was closed, I bought a different brand of dog food for the dog and when I took the dog over to the neighbors I GAVE that bag of dog food to the neighbor.

So last night they come home and are pissed about it and I kiss ass and take blame and work for them a bit and then do all their unpacking and then they "let me go".

They did me a favor.

Anywho, they told me not buying the dog food was "tantamount" to stealing their money, EVEN THOUGH I did buy dog food and that I couldn't be trusted and they wanted me out that night (illegal) and that I had to be out by sunday (illegal) and then told me today that I have till 530 tomorrow to get the rest of my stuff out or else they are going to "be forced to" donate it to charity (illegal).

I am effing relieved.
I have it all handled and now I don't have to be bent over anymore.
I have an interview at American Eagle on Tuesday and possibly getting my position back and I can advance quickly and it will be all good.

I'll be getting my own apartment soon and its gonna be epic...IM FREE!!!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-02-2011 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language

Old 01-01-2011, 03:20 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Lesson learned....

Glad to hear you have an interview.
Where will you live in the meantime?
Did you get the Academy application?

Old 01-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Lesson learned....

Glad to hear you have an interview.
Where will you live in the meantime?
Did you get the Academy application?
I am in my mom's living room. I am thinking about storing my stuff here and crashing at friends houses on nights I want to be out late.

And no I need to have those mailed out to me and will be doing so as soon as I get the rest of my stuff back from their house.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:53 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
(((((txtqeeen)))))

Keep us updated so we know you are doing okay.

Glad to know you are in a safe place.

Glad to hear you are relieved it's over.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:04 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,953 times
See if you can stay at your mothers until you have a decent amount of money saved up, then move. There is no need to rush unless your current situation becomes unbeareable....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting