U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,137,021 times

Advertisements

Txtqueen, I am happy that you are ok and that for now you are back at your moms. Even though we are strangers and you may think that we can give two peas in a pod about your life, we do actually care. At times we can be harsh but you have to realize that we mean well and want you to do well especially since you come to us for advice.

Please save up for your apartment or move in with some roomies if necessary. Learn to be more independent financially and emotionally, and remember if something seems to be good to be true most likely it is.

I truly wish you all the best.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:07 PM

5,944 posts, read 6,382,457 times
I am an all star, I am riding on high right now despite everything.

I've been kicked out and given less than 48 hours to move out and pulled it off and gotten everything out.
They've shut my cell phone off this morning and left me cell phone less and in less than a few hours was on my mom's spare line with my phone from when I was 17 and am trading my torch for a storm tomorrow. My BB that I gave my friend was stolen from her room and my other friend threw away the phone I gave him after he broke it BUT I pulled it off and am getting my self a phone.
I am sorting through my belongings and getting crap together and its working out just fine.
My bank account may still be $189 negative, long story, my accounts not suppose to be able to be overdrawn and a charge from vail pended for too long and returned to my account and gave me a false balance, but that will be sorted on the 7th when my paycheck comes in.
Oh and I started to get a migraine earlier and inhaled some Panera soup, all but shot up some pepsi and took some advil and got through it.

Like I said, I am riding on high and every hurdle I over come just makes me feel even more powerful and is just feeding my ego, I'll come down off this kick soon but right now my delusional im happy and this is all going to be fine attitude is working wonders.

And on the bright side, I have a fire place and tv in the living room, a mattress and no rent, oh and theres junk food in the fridge, no more health food.

Plus ive been on xanax, its helped a lot. My mom's exact words were, "you look high". It was funny.

Yes, she's started up with her old antics.
She met the boything, she likes him, told me to marry him and the proceeded to tell my brother that the dude is his new brother in law.
She's pissed at all my friends right now and says the boything is the only person she trust to be at the house.
Started asking me questions about am I on birth control etc etc...I lied and said I wasn't but I am, using nuva ring but I think Ill switch to the pill soon.

It'll all be good cause im totally awesome.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:56 AM

36,434 posts, read 41,645,868 times
be careful of xanax.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:57 AM

3,967 posts, read 5,675,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
You told me so....and I didn't listen.

So you guys who told me that I was being used and things were sketch, well you were right.

So they came back early from they vacay and there were a few issues that had arised.

A) I wasn't able to get a hold of the neighbor to get their dog back and apparently I didn't buy dog food and the neighbor had to pay out of pocket to feed their dog and all sorts of other Moderator cut: language and neither one of the likes to answer their phones so for 3 days the dog was at the neighbors and I knocked and rang the door bell like 3-4 times a day to see if they were home.

I DID buy dog food, granted it was not the correct brand but when she cut me my check she included the dog food money in there and told me I could not deposit the check until 12/23. I worked 10 hours on 12/23 and cashed my checks on 12/23 after close of business on my lunch break around 6pm and did not have time to buy the dog food on my break, so the next day again I worked all day until 7pm, Christmas Eve and petsmart was closed, I bought a different brand of dog food for the dog and when I took the dog over to the neighbors I GAVE that bag of dog food to the neighbor.

So last night they come home and are pissed about it and I kiss ass and take blame and work for them a bit and then do all their unpacking and then they "let me go".

They did me a favor.

Anywho, they told me not buying the dog food was "tantamount" to stealing their money, EVEN THOUGH I did buy dog food and that I couldn't be trusted and they wanted me out that night (illegal) and that I had to be out by sunday (illegal) and then told me today that I have till 530 tomorrow to get the rest of my stuff out or else they are going to "be forced to" donate it to charity (illegal).

I am effing relieved.
I have it all handled and now I don't have to be bent over anymore.
I have an interview at American Eagle on Tuesday and possibly getting my position back and I can advance quickly and it will be all good.

I'll be getting my own apartment soon and its gonna be epic...IM FREE!!!

I would also find if you can rate this family poorly on the sitting site you were on so people know not to accept work from them.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:04 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,340,215 times
txtqueen, you will not be able to deal with anything until you get off the xanax and the booze. Who's giving you the pills? Your boyfriend? He's not doing you any favors. Be real careful because he can slide right in and use you while you're vulnerable just like the nanny family did.

I don't feel good about ANY of this. Your mom told you you look "High" because you were. I could tell by your post.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:08 AM

5,944 posts, read 6,382,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
txtqueen, you will not be able to deal with anything until you get off the xanax and the booze. Who's giving you the pills? Your boyfriend? He's not doing you any favors. Be real careful because he can slide right in and use you while you're vulnerable just like the nanny family did.

I don't feel good about ANY of this. Your mom told you you look "High" because you were. I could tell by your post.
It wasn't him.
And like I said in the chat thread, I took one xanax around 3:30pm, it helped me calm down cause I was pretty upset then after getting home learning my BB was stolen from my friend etc etc.
And didn't even finish ONE bottle from the 6 pack, I didn't even drink half of it, I drank about a 1/4 and spilled 1/4 on the floor on accident while folding clothes.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:07 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,340,215 times
You need to decide what is the priority in your life.

Is it the academy? Is that something you really, truly want more than anything else in the world? Then fill out the application.

Forget the boyfriend. Forget whatever friend is giving you the pills. Dump all the booze you have in your place down the drain. Forget the "I'm awesome" attitude because it's gotten you squat. Be humble. Accept advice. Slow the h down.

You want the Academy? Put yourself in training. Yoga and tai chi instead of Xanax for stress. Are you running? Less time in the sack with the boyfriend and more time running up hills. You want endorphins? Lift weights. Ditch the doritos. You are what you eat.

If you want the Academy you should have blinders on for everything else. Figure out where you are going to live. We've told you how to handle roommates. (Clue #1 - Don't base it on how good your boything is in bed.) Maciesmom has given you the plan for jobs and work schedules. You mom makes you nuts? Welcome to life. I'm guessing there are people who already have their applications in whose moms drive them nuts. No body has it perfect. Everybody has money problems. Everybody works hard. Everybody gets their phones lost/stolen/misplaced.

Go back and re-read the advice you've been given. I'm assuming your head needs to clear after the last couple of days. Fine. Start drinking water. Either you have a goal or you don't.

I could go to Tahiti for six months and I'm guessing I could come back to these threads and it will be the same bunch of malarky. Today really, truly is the first day of the rest of your life. If you want to be a success, live like an adult, have a decent job, a roof over your head, and a sliver of true happiness it is all up to you. You have your health. You live in a good, upwardly mobile area. You aren't in the getto. You aren't ill. You haven't come back from Afghanistan as a 21 year old with no legs. You have everything in the world going for you and you are wasting it. You have tremendously good advice from people who actually care about you. Up to you. Success or same old stuff six months down the road....

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-03-2011 at 10:19 AM..

Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 AM

9,056 posts, read 6,726,826 times
Listen to DewDrop, txt.

The thing is, when I was your age, nothing - and I mean nothing - in the universe was going to prevent me from pursuing my chosen career. You need to focus your energies on getting into the Academy if that's what you want to do. But I'm starting to have doubts about that, because nobody with a passion for something would come up with the amount of excuses you have. So why don't you prove me wrong, and GET ON WITH IT.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:21 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,137,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

I second this! I also believe it is quite irresponsible of you to do xanax and drink even if it is a quarter of it.

I feel you just can't take the lumps of life without adding necessary dramatics to it. Life is going to be filled with ups and downs that xanax and a mike's hard lemonade is not going to relieve.

Everyone here gives you great advice and heck one of us genuinely cared so much to 'check' up on you by bringing you books, yet you go on as if you know best.

Please take the advice of others and be more responsible!

Old 01-03-2011, 01:07 PM

3,967 posts, read 5,675,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
You told me so....and I didn't listen.

So you guys who told me that I was being used and things were sketch, well you were right.

Say that 10 time a day until it sinks in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or