Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:18 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times

Advertisements

I can't believe how many people take what she says, claim to be her "cybermom" and don't even attempt to teach her empathy, something she does NOT have.

These people trusted her with their home and their pet. Perhaps the dog required a certain dog food brand, due to digestive issues. It's an expensive, premium brand. Buying it at the LAST second was not a good plan. Even if you were to believe she had NO CHOICE but to buy the cheaper brand (and wasn't just trying to pocket the difference in price, thinking the owners would never know) that would also mean that she left the house knowing that there was no dog food there. That is irresponsible. I'm sure also that in that 10 shift, she had a break. She used it to relax, eat something, text her friends about how hard her life is, never giving a thought to the poor animal left in her care.

But thankfully, they had a neighbor who took the dog in for those 3 days, so it didn't really have to suffer her "care". After reading months of her posts, who really believes that the girl who takes pills illegally (not prescribed to her) and then drinks liquor, who believed that her now former employer would just let her pay for a portion of THEIR cell phone bill despite her irresponsible and horrendous behavior - who really believes that girl REALLY tried to reach the neighbors 3-4 times a day? Ummm... not me. And not anyone else.

After buying the WRONG kind of dog food because she "had to", did she then, the next morning, go buy the CORRECT one and bring it to the neighbor? No, she brought them the cheap bag. Of COURSE they didn't feed the dog the generic stuff she bought. If these folks DID fire her over just this incident, then GOOD FOR THEM! Frankly, I'm appalled that they let this person stay in their home as long as they did. If they have any brains at all, they've filed a restraining order and changed the locks on their home as well.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:29 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I can't believe how many people take what she says, claim to be her "cybermom" and don't even attempt to teach her empathy, something she does NOT have.

These people trusted her with their home and their pet. Perhaps the dog required a certain dog food brand, due to digestive issues. It's an expensive, premium brand. Buying it at the LAST second was not a good plan. Even if you were to believe she had NO CHOICE but to buy the cheaper brand (and wasn't just trying to pocket the difference in price, thinking the owners would never know) that would also mean that she left the house knowing that there was no dog food there. That is irresponsible. I'm sure also that in that 10 shift, she had a break. She used it to relax, eat something, text her friends about how hard her life is, never giving a thought to the poor animal left in her care.

But thankfully, they had a neighbor who took the dog in for those 3 days, so it didn't really have to suffer her "care". After reading months of her posts, who really believes that the girl who takes pills illegally (not prescribed to her) and then drinks liquor, who believed that her now former employer would just let her pay for a portion of THEIR cell phone bill despite her irresponsible and horrendous behavior - who really believes that girl REALLY tried to reach the neighbors 3-4 times a day? Ummm... not me. And not anyone else.

After buying the WRONG kind of dog food because she "had to", did she then, the next morning, go buy the CORRECT one and bring it to the neighbor? No, she brought them the cheap bag. Of COURSE they didn't feed the dog the generic stuff she bought. If these folks DID fire her over just this incident, then GOOD FOR THEM! Frankly, I'm appalled that they let this person stay in their home as long as they did. If they have any brains at all, they've filed a restraining order and changed the locks on their home as well.
Are you talking about the same people who illegally employ people under the table, have them work off rent without so much as a lease or any type of legal document, so they can take advantage of the fact that they basically have a captive workforce at their fingertips that they can threaten with instant eviction if the person doesn't do their bidding in a timely fashion?

These people that entrust their kids to a total unvetted stranger so as to save money?

You mean those people? Pffft. They deserve whomever they get.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:35 PM

No, not saying they're good people. Just pointing out that "two wrongs don't make a right".

Something the OP has never learned, and has never been taught to her.

Just because she (although she had lots of folks telling her NOT to) took the position and was taken advantage of, doesn't give her the right to 1) neglect their dog 2) misspend their money and 3) complain. We're not talking about a 17 year old child who didn't know what she was getting into here. We're talking about a 20 something girl who attempts to manipulate everyone she meets into feeling pity for her, while she toys with the idea of being a police officer and carrying a gun on a daily basis.

NONE of her actions were "right". Regardless of what she perceives they did to HER, she gave it right back, and then some.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:37 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You keep repeating the same mistakes. Nothing wrong with making mistakes but you have to be able to learn something from them and applyt those lessons to other things.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein

Old 01-03-2011, 03:55 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
No, not saying they're good people. Just pointing out that "two wrongs don't make a right".

Something the OP has never learned, and has never been taught to her.

Just because she (although she had lots of folks telling her NOT to) took the position and was taken advantage of, doesn't give her the right to 1) neglect their dog 2) misspend their money and 3) complain. We're not talking about a 17 year old child who didn't know what she was getting into here. We're talking about a 20 something girl who attempts to manipulate everyone she meets into feeling pity for her, while she toys with the idea of being a police officer and carrying a gun on a daily basis.

NONE of her actions were "right". Regardless of what she perceives they did to HER, she gave it right back, and then some.
I understand what you're saying, and I didn't say her actions were right. But the people she was staying with are far more appalling to me. After all, they have children that they're leaving in the hands of their revolving door "nannies". While she might have given it right back, I don't have any sympathy for them at all. You were saying that they trusted her with their home and their pet (not to mention their kids). Well, while it suited them, they didn't have any compunction about it.

I don't feel pity for her, as such, (we all bring things on ourselves) but if she learns a lesson from it, great. The other people are just going to go right back and find some other young person to do their dirty work for them illegally while holding the roof that the "employee" is paying for over their heads. The next one might not be as readily able to bounce back as txt.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:01 PM

Again, I'm not defending these people that she worked for. But her behavior (animal neglect, drug use, etc) is being glossed over.

"Oh, I'm so sorry that happened to you" "I hope you will learn a lesson" are posts that are repeated again and again - obviously, this girl focuses on the pity and not on the advice. I don't believe ANY of her posts/threads belong in this forum, but if they're going to be left here because folks are saying they are PARENTING her, then I think people should PARENT her, not enable her.

Pity and petting belong in a different forum. Threads to discuss whether or not these people were/are good employers, belongs under Work and Employment.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:06 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Regarding the dog food....if the dog food was that important, they would not have given the money to her in her paycheck and then told her not to cash it until a certain day. They could have easily written two checks or given her cash for the dog food which would have allowed her time to obtain the appropriate food. Also - since when is purchasing dog food part of a nanny/babysitter/housekeeper's job? Did they pay her for gas/mileage when she ran errands on their behalf? I'm not giving txtqueen a total pass on everything but buy your own danged dog food if it's important.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 PM

Yet, she accepted the responsibility to buy the dog food. But didn't follow through.

As with everything else in her life - college, car, jobs, etc. She says "yes", but means "if it's convenient" and then whines when she's held to her word. Pathetic.\

Again, whether or not they were good employers belongs in a different forum.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:13 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
Yet, she accepted the responsibility to buy the dog food. But didn't follow through.

As with everything else in her life - college, car, jobs, etc. She says "yes", but means "if it's convenient" and then whines when she's held to her word. Pathetic.\

She did buy dog food though.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:14 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:

and nanny isn't servant...this is not something she is required to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting