Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 12:05 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times

Advertisements

$200 a more a month is a LOT of money. Thatss $2,400 a year. Txt. Do you think you deserve that type of raise?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:06 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
She's never going to be grateul, thankful or content until she earns what she's got. She's led a pretty cush life. Everything has been handed to her without working for it. I don't think she knows how to stand on her own two feet because she's never had to. And she's never had any one pushing her to succeed.

Which is exactly what we're all doing. Urging her to be her best. I don't think she has that concept in her head. Of living a life of meaning and service. I was doing volunteer work at that age. Working for poltical candidates. Hanging out with war vets and peace and civil rights marchers, seeking out people who could teach me ideas and concepts I'd never been exposed to.

It's just such a waste. I think that's what bothers me the most. She's a young woman who could do so much. But her mind is set that she is right and we are wrong and she lives in this fantasy world that if she could only make $200. a month more life would be all butterlies and sunshine.

(Did I miss any "f"s? My "f" key is stuck and it's not good.)
I just get shivers over this stuff. There are times when I look at my life, when I was her age and even a bit older. When I think of how many times I was just too proud to ask for help, was frustrated with my parents because they didn't offer to help...LOL, until I gained a different perspective..until I met people who couldm't physically work, people who didn't have the intelligence to do certain things, or the dexterity to do certain things...and I realized, OMG! I have EVERYTHING I NEED! I honestly do not NEED anything from anybody! I have my youth, I have my strength, I have my brains, I have my stamina, I have 24 hrs in a DAY. There is not a single thing I want that I can NOT have! All I have to do is want it bad enough to work for it. I might not be able to have it immediately, but I can HAVE it! I also knew, that the only reason that my parents didn't offer handouts, was that they wanted me to be smarter and not a helpless thing. My pride was the only thing keeping them from helping me...but it would have kept me so needy and help-less!

If you CAN work.....PTL! If you CAN work 16 hrs per day....oh BIG PTL! If work is available to you so that you CAN work.....HUGE PTL! Ask Hopes husband how he feels about not being able to work for a living right now. There are far, far worse things in life than HAVING to work!

Old 01-27-2011, 12:13 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Nice try beachmel, but dramaqueen isn't looking for a pep talk, and she's not looking for solutions. She's looking to impress everyone here with how deeply she can drag you all into her drama. She's looking for someone who will allow her to justify and excuse her childish behavior, myopic selfishness, and sense of entitlement. She's looking for people who will say "oh poor baby you're right." She's looking for confirmation that she's right. And every time someone tries to help her, they are confirming that she's right. This is why I refuse to help her. She's wrong. And the sooner she learns it, the better.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:15 PM

13,418 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
She's never going to be grateul, thankful or content until she earns what she's got. She's led a pretty cush life. Everything has been handed to her without working for it. I don't think she knows how to stand on her own two feet because she's never had to. And she's never had any one pushing her to succeed.

Which is exactly what we're all doing. Urging her to be her best. I don't think she has that concept in her head. Of living a life of meaning and service. I was doing volunteer work at that age. Working for poltical candidates. Hanging out with war vets and peace and civil rights marchers, seeking out people who could teach me ideas and concepts I'd never been exposed to.

It's just such a waste. I think that's what bothers me the most. She's a young woman who could do so much. But her mind is set that she is right and we are wrong and she lives in this fantasy world that if she could only make $200. a month more life would be all butterlies and sunshine.

(Did I miss any "f"s? My "f" key is stuck and it's not good.)
F that.

I like butterlies as a word though.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
AnonChick: Quick question. I have asthma. Didn't you write on the health board about some kind of an aroma therapy (or want of a better word/concept) for it? I'm thinking an oil to breath in. rankensens? (Dang F key! LOL)

Where does one buy these things?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:19 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
rankensens? (Dang F key! LOL)
lol! You need to fix that key! I don't think you want to breathe anything in that starts with "rank"!

I like the word butterlies too though.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:21 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Nice try beachmel, but dramaqueen isn't looking for a pep talk, and she's not looking for solutions. She's looking to impress everyone here with how deeply she can drag you all into her drama. She's looking for someone who will allow her to justify and excuse her childish behavior, myopic selfishness, and sense of entitlement. She's looking for people who will say "oh poor baby you're right." She's looking for confirmation that she's right. And every time someone tries to help her, they are confirming that she's right. This is why I refuse to help her. She's wrong. And the sooner she learns it, the better.
It's funny though...LOL, because the only "poor baby" she's really getting from most of us is "poor baby...you ain't anywhere near the bottom, you think you got it bad....oooo I feel sorry for you!"

Old 01-27-2011, 12:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
lol! You need to fix that key! I don't think you want to breathe anything in that starts with "rank"!

I like the word butterlies too though.
A ew days ago it was the "S" key. Time go get out the can o spray stuf and see i I can get the crumbs and the cat hair out o my keyboard.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
A ew days ago it was the "S" key. Time go get out the can o spray stuf and see i I can get the crumbs and the cat hair out o my keyboard.
I don't know....it's really giving me the giggles reading your posts.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:47 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
1. frankincense oil, aka botswellia carteri. Essential oil -not- "scented" oil. Synthetic fragrance will only make your asthma worse.

2. keyboard: as long as it is *not* wireless... lift it up, stand it up on end, with one corner (the corner with the Z and X is probably the easiest) resting against the desk. Tap it several times on the back (just like burping a baby), giving it firm, but gentle thumps. This will dislodge any crumbs that aren't completely stuck, and send them to the corner. Now flip the keyboard upside down and tap it some more, near that corner. You can even give it a few firm shakes.

THEN: if it's an old fashioned keyboard (like a logitech or microsoft, non-wireless, non-rubberized keypads), you can actually pry the F key off and wipe around where the key snaps onto the board with the twisted end of a paper napkin. Do NOT use a cotton swab or cotton; the fibers can get stuck in there and make it worse. You -can- moisten the napkin, but then you need to let the keyboard air-dry before snapping the key back on. In fact, keyboards are actually washable. You just have to unplug it, use mildly soapy water, swish, rinse, and turn upside down to air dry overnight. I don't recommend it though because it's a pain to do, and takes longer than it does to just go out and buy a new keyboard (which you can get for under $20)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting