Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 PM

852 posts, read 1,364,882 times

Advertisements

I recently found a delicious lime tea (out of it right now, but the company has the word "desert" in the title). It is wonderful hot or iced. Every bit as good or better than a soda!

Old 01-04-2011, 09:11 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
If you are talking hot green tea - there are many flavors. Just try a few. I'm drinking one lately that has blueberry in it.

I've never been a soda drinker. But I do like my coffee. I did off of it way back when, when I was pregnant. I don't know why I ever started back. Probably because my husband drank it. It's hard to smell it and not want it.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:20 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I told my husband that we can't have any soda in the house for now because if it's in here I'll drink it.
That's my biggest problem. I can't encourage the household to make sacrifices. They don't drink Mt Dew, but I'll drink my husband's Pepsi. He's going to have to hide it in his car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Tai Chi. Anybody else do it?
Oh, I've never heard of it. I'll look into that. Stress relief and positive energy sounds like just the ticket for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
But since I cut it out, I am no longer bloated and feel physically better but just irritable and constant headaches.
How long has it been since you quit caffeine? A neurologist once told me the way to quit caffeine was to take advil while cutting back slowly on caffeine over a period of weeks and then slowly tappering off the advil. Since caffeine is a pain medication, it makes perfect sense. I might try switching to green tea and taking advil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I've never been a soda drinker. But I do like my coffee. I did off of it way back when, when I was pregnant. I don't know why I ever started back. Probably because my husband drank it. It's hard to smell it and not want it.
I stopped drinking Mt. Dew when I was pregnant. When the baby was born, my sister brought a 2 liter bottle to the hospital as a gift. Nice thought, but

Old 01-04-2011, 10:24 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
I don't drink much soda...but I am a coffee fiend. I have been under a lot of stress the past few years and it's cropping back up so I'm trying to handle it better. Cutting down on caffeine, along with some other healthy lifestyle changes is my plan of attack.

One day at a time...

Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
It's a good plan of attack. I had a girlfriend who was addicted to coffee. She drank multiple POTS of coffee per day. She was totally spazed out and jittery with major anxiety. It took her a while to realize it was the coffee. She cut down by mixing caffinated and decafinated coffee together in each pot. And slowly decreased the caffinated and increased the decafinated.

I've never had problems with stress until becoming a parent and the teen years really turned stress into high gear. I'm hoping to make lots of healthy lifestyle changes. But you're right,we can only take it one day at a time.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:55 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Have any of you tried Rooibos tea? Also called Red tea, or African Red tea. Most grocery stores sell it now, it's delicious, and has a lot of supposed health benefits, and does not contain caffeine. Good for colic too. My kids love hot tea, and I don't feel guilty giving that to them. You drink it as you would black tea.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:19 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Oh, I know perfectly well that soda eats my insides. I just love me my Pepsi.
I love pepsi too. I went through a 12 pack yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It's a good plan of attack. I had a girlfriend who was addicted to coffee. She drank multiple POTS of coffee per day. She was totally spazed out and jittery with major anxiety. It took her a while to realize it was the coffee. She cut down by mixing caffinated and decafinated coffee together in each pot. And slowly decreased the caffinated and increased the decafinated.

I've never had problems with stress until becoming a parent and the teen years really turned stress into high gear. I'm hoping to make lots of healthy lifestyle changes. But you're right,we can only take it one day at a time.
That's probably my issue. I'm wired and anxious and spaztastic..

Old 01-05-2011, 07:18 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's my biggest problem. I can't encourage the household to make sacrifices. They don't drink Mt Dew, but I'll drink my husband's Pepsi. He's going to have to hide it in his car!

He doesn't drink much soda anyway, so he doesn't have to sacrifice.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:23 AM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Morning all...

Kicking the soda is difficult. And what's with husbands and Pepsi? Why is it Pepsi and not Coke? Oh to solve the mysteries of the universe.

Hopes, here's something that works for me if you need to cut back on the Dew...

I have a large drink jug thingy with a spigot on it... I fill it up with lots of ice and water, and slices of lemons/oranges/limes - whatever citrus, along with slices of cucumber. I leave it on the kitchen counter for easy access. Let that steep throughout the day and the flavor of the water is absolutely delicious. While you're weaning yourself off the Dew, alternate a Dew with the water - eventually you'll like the crisp water flavor more than the Dew. Plus, it looks really pretty, so that makes you want to drink it.

txtqueen! WTF with the 12 pack? No wonder you took xanax. Stop it. That much soda is really really bad for you. We need a finger waving emoticon, jeez.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:38 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Morning all...

Kicking the soda is difficult. And what's with husbands and Pepsi? Why is it Pepsi and not Coke? Oh to solve the mysteries of the universe.

Hopes, here's something that works for me if you need to cut back on the Dew...

I have a large drink jug thingy with a spigot on it... I fill it up with lots of ice and water, and slices of lemons/oranges/limes - whatever citrus, along with slices of cucumber. I leave it on the kitchen counter for easy access. Let that steep throughout the day and the flavor of the water is absolutely delicious. While you're weaning yourself off the Dew, alternate a Dew with the water - eventually you'll like the crisp water flavor more than the Dew. Plus, it looks really pretty, so that makes you want to drink it.

txtqueen! WTF with the 12 pack? No wonder you took xanax. Stop it. That much soda is really really bad for you. We need a finger waving emoticon, jeez.
My husband isn't picky about soda, but I prefer Pepsi. That's why we usually had that around the house.

Yeah, a 12 pack is really bad. That's a lot of soda. I felt like an idiot when I would drink three cans a day, and I didn't even drink that much that often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting