U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-04-2011, 06:25 PM

16,974 posts, read 11,916,529 times
OK....I'm bored...DS is gone, DH is decompressing in front of the TV....

ohiogirl - you asked for beauty tips? Hmmmm my main thing would be moisturize. Sorry, don't have much more than that.

Favorite books and movies anyone?

Old 02-04-2011, 06:47 PM

16,929 posts, read 13,881,698 times
We watched Inception this week. I'm not sure I liked it...
Without Netflix we'd never see anything. The Kids Are All Right is coming next. We have enough on our list to last more than a year!

Old 02-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
We watched Inception this week. I'm not sure I liked it...
Without Netflix we'd never see anything. The Kids Are All Right is coming next. We have enough on our list to last more than a year!
I tried to watch Inception - both my kids liked it. I think I'm just too old LOL. I got tired of trying to follow it and figure it out and went to go do something else. DH fell asleep in the recliner.

I'm not too much of an action movie kind of girl anyway. Some are OK...just not generally what I would choose. I watched Blue Crush again the other night since nothing was on TV...I do really like that movie...and the music is fun too.

I do want to see The King's Speech. That is more my genre....

Although...<embarrassed> I also must admit to liking MamaMia! That was just fun. DD dragged me to it, knowing I would like it. The music brought back so many memories of jr.high era...plus just all the mother daughter stuff...and I do like Meryl Streep.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 PM

2,120 posts, read 2,272,135 times
Sorry, but you can you please stop your pity party, party of one!! UGH!! You don't hit more obstacles than most people! Just stop it already! Hell, a friend of the family is who is only 14yrs old just f'ing shot himself in the head so I don't want to even hear how bad you think you have it.
Grow up Txt! Look within yourself and quit blaming others for your problems

Rant off/

I have a lot to catch up on- thread moved fast today. Celebrating my 12yr wedding anniversary today- woohoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
look guys, I have anxiety and I suffer from depression off and on for the past couple of years.
The way I was raised has put me at a disadvantage and I am trying to break away from becoming just like my mom, which is negative, mooches off of others and isn't happy at all.

I feel really down about myself lately, my confidence is rock bottom.
I am having issues in all areas of my life and I just want one thing to work out.

It's hard to keep fighting through things when it seems I hit more obstacles than most people.
It just seems like one thing after another happens while everyone else around me is off at college and having steady boyfriends and they do tell me they are happy.

Yes, I focus on the negative but it feels that is all my life is.
Just last night I backed into one of the concrete poles that surrounds the gas pumps at work (very hard mind you), minimal damage to my car but I screwed up the whole left side of my neck and shoulder, had a headache and nausea and went in to be seen and they told me I was REALLY going to hurt and to take it easy on my shoulder for the next few days because I really got those muscles good.

Like I said one thing after another.
I just want to like go one day without something crappy happening.
Right now the whole job aspect is going good for me, I mean as best as that kind of job can be.

I just want everything else to start working out as well.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 PM

Mama Mia is my kind of movie! Inception was more for DH. DS7 is like the daughter I'll never have. He likes musicals. We've been watching High School Musical lately. I recorded 2 off Disney Channel this week but I haven't watched it yet.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 PM

Happy Anniversary NE....

So sorry to hear about your friend....nothing more tragic than that. It's something, as a parent, I cannot fathom having to deal with. God bless their family.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:15 PM

Happy anniversary! 12 years for us this spring too.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:16 PM

2,120 posts, read 2,272,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Thats great! I know a little how you feel about taking care of the hubby. Mr.X had surgery once for a pilonidal cyst and because the lack of home nurses in the UK I had to stuff his abcess hole the size of a grapefruit everyday and help him wash. He was out of work for a month and I couldnt wait for him to heal up.

I completely understand about the errands. A womans work is never ever done.

Ok ladies Valentines day is around the corner. What is the most romantic thing your partner or significant other has ever done for you? And if you hate V-day who was it and why?
Can't stand V-Day. High school sweetheart who I was seeing for almost 2yrs dumped me on V-day- came clear out of left field. He ruined the holiday for me and ever since then I just considered it a stupid hallmark holiday

Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM

42,482 posts, read 47,596,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Heres mine: Whitening Toothpaste on red pimples. It makes them significantly less red.
It also kills the bacteria that's in the pimple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
OK....I'm bored...DS is gone, DH is decompressing in front of the TV....
I just got back from a 2 hour grocery shopping experience with my son. We got lost in there. It really was a good time. He's cooking something

Quote:
ohiogirl - you asked for beauty tips? Hmmmm my main thing would be moisturize. Sorry, don't have much more than that.
I use pure coconut oil on my face. It battles the wrinkles and keeps adult acne under control at the same time.

Quote:
Favorite books and movies anyone?
I've been reading David Baldacci books lately when I'm in the mood for spy type suspense. He's not Clancey but the books keep me entertained.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:18 PM

rkb - when DD was young she loved Grease! I remember seeing it at the movie theater when it came out (of course we all knew John Travolta as Vinnie from "Welcome Back Kotter")...watching it as an adult with a young child, I was like this: ! Who knew it had all those implications, and double entendres? Not me! She watches it now and says "you actually let me watch this when I was 7??"

DS17 wouldn't watch a musical if you held a gun to his head. But I won't tell you he is the KING of "Just Dance" on the Wii
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.