U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM

43,017 posts, read 50,917,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
It has it's roots in Denver though and is still really popular here......I like Chipotle but the serving is just huge. There's a website somewhere that calculates how many calories are in that Chipotle burrito (depending on what you put on it). I figured that out a number of years ago and went Haven't been too often since then. Even splitting one, it's an awful lot.
WOW! I just googled it! The calories are unbelievable! One burrito is almost an entire day's worth of calories!

Quote:
A simple healthy chicken burrito with rice, black beans, mild salsa and lettuce is just under 1,000 calories with 25% just from fat! It sounds so healthy! If you want a burrito without only healthy ingredients, like one with steak, rice, pinto beans, corn and tomato salsas, sour cream and cheese, lettuce, and guacamole, its 1478 calories with 550 from fat.

Most Unhealthy Mexican Fast Food - National chain restaurant | Examiner.com
1400 Calories for a mere buritto! That's insane!

I personally like to eat more than once a day! I'd never, never, never eat 1000 calories in one meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
They used to be. McDonald's was one of their largest investors for almost a decade but they split completely in 2006. Pretty crazy though that they were so intertwined for so long considering how completely different they are in their approach to food. I love that Chipotle uses quality ingredients. McDonald's on the other hand...
You're falling for their propaganda. LOL

I don't do McDonalds or other burger joints either so "it's healthier than McDonalds" wouldn't entice me anyway.

Quote:
Chipotle wins the award for most unhealthy Mexican Fast Food because they’re overstuffed burritos seem to be averagely healthy on first glance, but nothing could be further from the truth. Chipotle uses much fresher tasting ingredients than most Mexican fast food chains and makes your burrito right in front of you. All too often, customers confuse freshness with healthiness, and chipotle happily encourages this notion.

Most Unhealthy Mexican Fast Food - National chain restaurant | Examiner.com
But the following site lists it as the 6th most healthy fast food.

I'm sure those fresh ingredients are healthy if you one buritto for the entire family to share!

Check it out. It's an interesting list of the 10 most healthy and 10 most unhealth fast food restaurants:

Food on the Run: Are Your Favorites in the Healthy or Unhealthy Top 10?

Old 02-14-2011, 11:06 PM

4,267 posts, read 3,112,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
WOW! I just googled it! The calories are unbelievable! One burrito is almost an entire day's worth of calories!

I personally like to eat more than once a day! I'd never, never, never eat 1000 calories in one meal.

I don't do McDonalds or other burger joints either so "it's healthier than McDonalds" wouldn't entice me anyway.

I'm sure those fresh ingredients are healthy if you one buritto for the entire family to share!

Check it out. It's an interesting list of the 10 most healthy and 10 most unhealth fast food restaurants:

Yeah, eating an entire burrito is a really bad idea if healthy food is what you're looking for. That is a ton of calories. LOL.

I like that Chipotle's ingredients consist of real food rather then "food like substances" and I like that they use quality meat like pork from Niman Ranch.

Most fast food has always left me feeling queasy but the last time I gave into a McDonald's craving, I literally threw up the entire meal. Blech!

Did you guys hear about how Taco Bell is being sued for calling their "beef" beef? Apparently it only consists of 35% beef so they aren't allowed to actually call it beef.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:14 PM

43,017 posts, read 50,917,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Most fast food has always left me feeling queasy but the last time I gave into a McDonald's craving, I literally threw up the entire meal. Blech!

Did you guys hear about how Taco Bell is being sued for calling their "beef" beef? Apparently it only consists of 35% beef so they aren't allowed to actually call it beef.
YUCK! I've heard that most meat in fast food restaurants aren't really meat. Scary, huh?

I haven't eaten a fast food burger, or any fast food "meat" for that matter, in over 8 years.

I bit into a burger once and there was ground up BONE in it. It was disgusting, never went through a drive through again!

Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 AM

5,515 posts, read 3,351,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

But have you ever tried to eat a whole chipotle burrito?
That's about as possible as licking your elbow...

Old 02-15-2011, 06:32 AM

852 posts, read 719,932 times
I was just going to say the same thing, txt. I can only eat about 1/3 of a Chipotle burrito at one time anyway.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:25 AM

3,842 posts, read 6,880,779 times
That is why the burrito bol is so enticing to me! I don't get it w/ rice & have them lay low on the cheese & sour cream. If I could just say no to the chips ):

This past summer I was addicted to the burrito bol & Robeks smoothies. Not a cheap addiction by any means. Some of the perks of pregnancy, I guess.

Off to the tax man (fingers crossed as this day may mean tuition is paid for next yr for children's schooling) & then to the Minute Clinic. First time in 7 years that "I" feel so awful that I want something to help. Sinus infection, I believe. Never had one before, ok if I never have one ever again.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:01 AM

17,137 posts, read 12,531,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
I was just going to say the same thing, txt. I can only eat about 1/3 of a Chipotle burrito at one time anyway.
But....why should we have to pay for that much more than we will ever eat? Or is healthy to eat? With no option of sizes that pretty much stinks. People do end up eating more than they would normally when they are served more. It's no different than McDonalds saying "Supersize"....but people believe that it is "healthier" somehow. Even if you eat 2-3X more. And I hate the idea of just throwing away perfectly good food. I'm not always in a time in my day where I can/want to carry around leftovers. I'm not always with those who want to split the same thing....IDK....I just don't really go anymore. Or at least VERY rarely. I have ordered the "bowl" though...it's ok.... Without the tortilla and the rice....you pretty much just have a grilled chicken salad with some beans and salsa...<shrugs>The teens here love it though. Schools do fundraisers there and do pretty well I think.

Should be another pretty day here. Back to work for me. I don't hear any wind so far so that is a plus for sure.

Last edited by maciesmom; 02-15-2011 at 09:09 AM..

Old 02-15-2011, 09:10 AM

22,309 posts, read 13,172,115 times
Morning guys. 121804, hope you feel better soon.

What was described is not a burrito. Lettuce on a burrito? Never.

I'll take El Pollo Loco as my fast food every time. Great marinated chicken.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:13 AM

4,267 posts, read 3,112,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
But....why should we have to pay for that much more than we will ever eat? Or is healthy to eat? With no option of sizes that pretty much stinks. People do end up eating more than they would normally when they are served more. It's no different than McDonalds saying "Supersize"....but people believe that it is "healthier" somehow. Even if you eat 2-3X more.
I'm not always in a time in my day where I can/want to carry around leftovers. I'm not always with those who want to split the same thing....IDK....I just don't really go anymore. Or at least VERY rarely. I have ordered the "bowl" though...it's ok.... Without the tortilla and the rice....you pretty much just have a grilled chicken salad with some beans and salsa...<shrugs>The teens here love it though. Schools do fundraisers there and do pretty well I think.

Should be another pretty day here. Back to work for me. I don't hear any wind so far so that is a plus for sure.

You can order tacos and even though it's not on the menu they will let you just order one or two. The food itself is a lot healthier then McDonald's but the portions are enormous which I agree makes many people eat way more then they normally would. That's true of most restaurants though. I wish they had a mini burrito option.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:27 AM

17,064 posts, read 14,646,094 times
I quit eating at Taco Bell when I found out their beef is grade D. Now that I know it isn't even meat, I will most likely never eat there again. If I do I will certainly not order anything with beef in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting