U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 03-16-2011, 09:58 AM
 
6,144 posts, read 3,212,433 times
Reputation: 7336

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oopsies! Yes, sorry about the slip.
Oh no worries, I didn't mean it like that. I'm thinking we might look a little mommish to everybody, and we wouldn't mind dads too. Perhaps they can share their fondness for Oil of Olay.

 
Old 03-16-2011, 09:59 AM
 
43,016 posts, read 54,191,428 times
Reputation: 28969
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
My mom sent me a text that she got her DT (?) shot this morning, and is wondering if she has to worry about autism
Your mother is confusing me. Is she even pregnant?
 
Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 AM
 
43,016 posts, read 54,191,428 times
Reputation: 28969
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh no worries, I didn't mean it like that. I'm thinking we might look a little mommish to everybody, and we wouldn't mind dads too. Perhaps they can share their fondness for Oil of Olay.
It's funny how this thread translates into my real life! I caught myself eyeing up the Oil of Olay at the drug store last night!
 
Old 03-16-2011, 10:15 AM
 
Location: IL
12,330 posts, read 6,551,481 times
Reputation: 12348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
This is pathetic! I had to do the math to figure out how old I am! I'm 47 until December. Huge surprise to me! I thought I was a bit younger.
Now that is funny, only because that is always me. This year I finally seem to have a handle on how old I am without having to do the math. Well that and my spawn are always very keen to share, very loudly, with the world exactly how old I am. Education is not always a positive thing.
 
Old 03-16-2011, 10:16 AM
 
Location: BK All Day
4,259 posts, read 5,299,859 times
Reputation: 3811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Your mother is confusing me. Is she even pregnant?
No but she works at a doctors office.

She was making a little joke. She was hoping SHE didn't get autism...at 53.
 
Old 03-16-2011, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Southern California
3,704 posts, read 2,758,459 times
Reputation: 2916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It's funny how this thread translates into my real life! I caught myself eyeing up the Oil of Olay at the drug store last night!
Haha. The other day I ran out to the car in my pajamas, and as I was opening our front door I thought of this thread.
 
Old 03-16-2011, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Western Washington
8,004 posts, read 5,793,666 times
Reputation: 19219
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I found good, old Vicks 44. It comes in "Dry Cough" (cough only) and "Custom Care" (cough and chest congestion). Would you believe I had to show I was over 18 to buy it? Must be the alcohol in it.

And, yes, my DH has left the gas grill on. When he does that I get all mean and make him lug the cannister down to the gas station to refill it.
Hey sweetie!! Actually, the "cough" syrup probably contains Dextromethorphan. Youngsters have found that if you consume enough of it, you can induce hallucinations. There have actually been a few cough supplements pulled from the market for that very reason and many of the others, well...you have to prove you're 18 to buy it. Some places actually make you give your license number. Thank you you little dorks! There was an amazing one out there that we were using for a couple of years. It was Zicam-Cough Max-Cough Melts. Unfortunately, you can only get the Cough Max in a spray now. The Cough Melts were extremely strong and worked better than anything my family has ever used. Unfortunately, abusers ate them like candy...so they are no more.
 
Old 03-16-2011, 03:34 PM
 
Location: IL
12,330 posts, read 6,551,481 times
Reputation: 12348
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Haha. The other day I ran out to the car in my pajamas, and as I was opening our front door I thought of this thread.
See, it's like finishing school!

I was really only surprised to see moms in the classrooms and walking down the hallways wearing pj's. We all drive our kids to school in pj's (don't we?).
 
Old 03-16-2011, 03:40 PM
 
Location: IL
12,330 posts, read 6,551,481 times
Reputation: 12348
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Hey sweetie!! Actually, the "cough" syrup probably contains Dextromethorphan. Youngsters have found that if you consume enough of it, you can induce hallucinations. There have actually been a few cough supplements pulled from the market for that very reason and many of the others, well...you have to prove you're 18 to buy it. Some places actually make you give your license number. Thank you you little dorks! There was an amazing one out there that we were using for a couple of years. It was Zicam-Cough Max-Cough Melts. Unfortunately, you can only get the Cough Max in a spray now. The Cough Melts were extremely strong and worked better than anything my family has ever used. Unfortunately, abusers ate them like candy...so they are no more.
When I started nursing, back when dinosaurs roamed free, cocaine was a prescription drug for something (can't remember what), and it was locked in a cabinet, but not a huge deal.
 
Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Abbey's Road
23,058 posts, read 14,163,226 times
Reputation: 24637
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
There was an amazing one out there that we were using for a couple of years. It was Zicam-Cough Max-Cough Melts. Unfortunately, you can only get the Cough Max in a spray now. The Cough Melts were extremely strong and worked better than anything my family has ever used. Unfortunately, abusers ate them like candy...so they are no more.
Cough drops: On one visit to OZ my DH got really ill with a cough. So he went to the hotel doc who gave him some cough drops. He took one and pretty much started flying around the room. Then his cough would come back, he'd take another and start flying around the room again. And he kept saying how terrific he felt.

Fast forward a couple of months back home and I've got a bad cough. DH gives me his "Special Australian" cough drops. And I'M flying around the room. Silly things had a narcotic in them. I'll admit we hoarded them because they worked great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top