U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 04:14 PM

5,944 posts, read 6,378,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
See post #331 and several others....
Omg...if another person simply tells me "your house, your rules" one more time I am going to scream.

It's almost as bad as "Because I said so".

No one can offer up a legitimate answer as to WHY it is such a bad thing to be an adult, living at home and maintaining a real relationship with someone you deeply care about.

Just because someone can't afford to live alone doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to have a legit relationship and find love.

As far as I'm concerned as long as it isn't going on in YOUR house then it shouldn't be an issue.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:21 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,900,225 times
Well I suppose he can just come home after sex, but I don't see the point in that.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:23 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,225,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Omg...if another person simply tells me "your house, your rules" one more time I am going to scream.

It's almost as bad as "Because I said so".

__________________________________________________ __________
As far as I'm concerned as long as it isn't going on in YOUR house then it shouldn't be an issue.
To the first part, "You will understand when you move out on your own and have your own kids" (how's THAT for an annoying but truthful response? )

To the second, saying it over and over again doesn't make it true any more than "your house, your rules."

Old 01-18-2012, 04:34 PM

5,944 posts, read 6,378,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
To the first part, "You will understand when you move out on your own and have your own kids" (how's THAT for an annoying but truthful response? )

To the second, saying it over and over again doesn't make it true any more than "your house, your rules."
OHMYGOD

THATS WORSE!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, we're focusing on the act of spending the night with an SO while living at home with your parents.

What about that is wrong?
If I get another half-assed answer that doesn't address WHY it is such a horrible thing that should be forbidden I am pretty sure I am going to explode, those of you colorado people will see a giant explosion in the DTC area.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:40 PM

12,914 posts, read 19,782,209 times
Quote:
OHMYGOD

THATS WORSE!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, we're focusing on the act of spending the night with an SO while living at home with your parents.

If I get another half-assed answer that doesn't address WHY it is such a horrible thing that should be forbidden I am pretty sure I am going to explode, those of you colorado people will see a giant explosion in the DTC area.
You will not get the approval you seek on this forum of PARENTS. Seriously, I'm certain some will agree with you if you take this to relationships.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:50 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times
Quote:
OHMYGOD

THATS WORSE!!!!!!!!!

You're right. I'll help you pack.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times
By the way, "your house, your rules" applies to everything, not merely the issue of having sex at someone else's house. If your parents don't want you to own red shoes and you want to stamp your feet and say, "But why why why why WHY I love my red shoes why can't I wear them I'm an adult it's NOT FAIR," guess what the answer is?

You're right. I'll help you pack.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:55 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,319,241 times
Quote:
we're focusing on the act of spending the night with an SO while living at home with your parents.
No. YOU are focusing on that. We have discussed this as parents. This is a parenting forum. We exchange ideas. We share feelings and experiences. YOU choose to focus on YOUR life and what YOU want. (Which, I've become convinced is some sort of Pony Express way-station where you can come in, have something to eat, a shower, then flop on the mattress for a nap on the nights you have nowhere else to go.)

You don't want to participate in a discussion. You want to cry about your life as a 22 year old with no responsibilities. Mattie is right. Take it to Relationships. I have an idea you will get a ton people saying "Poor girl. My mommie is mean too." Seriously. There's a forum for that.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:03 PM

57 posts, read 87,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramH View Post
Hm, I was allowed to sleep at my first gf's house when we were both 15/16.
If it is about sotpping them from having sex, I can tell you, they will have it also without sleeping together. If it is not about, than what is the problem of sleeping together.
You can not stop this simple as it is. Kids grow up, and do what they wany.
It's to easy to do stuff parents do not want but also do not find out.
exactly. i already lived in my then bf's apartment at 17 and i turned out just fine, i dont know what slbailey has hangups about, but it sounds uptight and 18th century.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 PM

2,159 posts, read 3,733,501 times
Quote:
OHMYGOD

THATS WORSE!!!!!!!!!

Really? Spending the night with someone then going back home to mommy and daddy's? Either be a child or be an adult- You can't choose to be both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or