U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 08:28 PM

9,056 posts, read 6,732,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Not if you still live at home while working and going to college.
As a near 23 year old, if I went out on a date with someone and they told me they had to be home by X time because of their parents, I would be like, well that's nice but I don't think this will work out.
I wouldn't want to feel like I was dating a child.
Oh. My. God.

I'm sure if someone went out on a date with you, a near 23 year old, who still lives with their mother, for no good reason, they would also feel like they were dating a child. Actually, feeling like it is redundant in this case.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 PM

5,956 posts, read 6,389,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I don't think many 22-year olds are thinking about "where it's going". A lot of them haven't even gotten their careers in order yet.
Actually, I have, we talk about it all the time.
I know where I want it to go, I know where he wants it to go and we're going slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh. My. God.

I'm sure if someone went out on a date with you, a near 23 year old, who still lives with their mother, for no good reason, they would also feel like they were dating a child. Actually, feeling like it is redundant in this case.
It isn't for "no good reason" I've been going to school and then finally found a job to be able to afford getting out of my mom's house.

There was no way I could have lived off the $800 a month I was making at walmart.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:40 PM

6,009 posts, read 4,950,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I don't think many 22-year olds are thinking about "where it's going". A lot of them haven't even gotten their careers in order yet.
I see it the opposite way. 22-year olds think about "where it's going" all TOO much. Granted, they don't have much experience to go on as they think about it, but I've seen younger people just OBSESS with plans for their future. Even little details most full-grown adults could care less about are important to them. It's easy to fantasize like that before reality crushes all your hopes and dreams...

*pours some Guinness*

Old 01-18-2012, 08:45 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,165,802 times
Default txt

Quote:
If they are helping him find an apartment he must have some sort of income to be able to pay for it.
Birth control is 99% effective when it is used right, I am on the pill, I take my pill everyday, no fail, at the same time. TG and I have been having sex for nearly a year and a half, 2 years in september, that's a long time to be using BC and not get pregnant.

And you are just like my friend, she met this guy, they've been together for the past 4 months maybe, maybe 5, they have already moved in together, already engaged, she WAS pregnant but miscarried she didn't even trust him enough to tell him when she WAS pregnant, and they are in the worst financial ruin of their lives, they fight over the dumbest crap like her not liking to watch tv, she has major trust issues with him and always thinks he is cheating.

Me and TG, we don't live together, we're not engaged, we have our nights where we can sleep separately. He and I NEVER fight, we trust each other, we help each other out financially when needed and we've been doing this for two years, I know him so much better than HP knows her BF.

I don't see the sense in rushing it. TG and I are doing so much better than HP and her BF.

Nothing breaks up relationships like fighting about finances and petty house crap, no thanks I love TG and I would rather wait till we are BOTH 100% ready and set in our careers and financially stable and on the right paths to move in and do all that.

The best things in life are worth waiting for. I could have given up on TG a few months into knowing him but I put in work and effort and look at us now, he's calling me babe and baby, sweetie, sweetheart, he's done a 360 and we're now spending my "weekend" in the mountains and leave tonight when I get off work.
ALL WHILE my friend HP is living with her guy and they are struggling financially and argue a lot.
No I am not like your friend. They are living togerther and not married. I did not live with my husband before marriage, I would never have been afraid to tell him if I was pregnant, trusted him totally. I would not have been pregnant. We had our education and jobs when we married. We did not argue and struggle financially. There was no house crap. It was lots of fun and adventure(still is).. We have been happily married for 39 years.

It does not matter what he calls you. It matters what he commits to. He may be using you.Take off your blinders. Go ahead and get your education. Grow UP.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:46 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,368,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
It's easy to fantasize like that before reality crushes all your hopes and dreams...

*pours some Guinness*
LOTS of fantasy going on here tonight, lol.

Move over and I'll join you. I'll shout.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I see it the opposite way. 22-year olds think about "where it's going" all TOO much. Granted, they don't have much experience to go on as they think about it, but I've seen younger people just OBSESS with plans for their future. Even little details most full-grown adults could care less about are important to them. It's easy to fantasize like that before reality crushes all your hopes and dreams...

*pours some Guinness*
Ew guinness, isn't that the dark beer that slightly taste like bacon?

Old 01-18-2012, 08:57 PM

775 posts, read 955,859 times
Quote:
Ew guinness, isn't that the dark beer that slightly taste like bacon?
Bacon??? more like coffee. but yeah, guiness is gross. anyways, continue on...

Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,368,217 times
Quote:
I've been going to school
Recently? How long has it been since you were in college? How many actual college credits do you have under your belt?

Talk, talk, talk. If you actually do enroll for some classes... please... let us know.

I consider this an insult to students who ARE enrolled and are working very hard to actually get their degrees.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,229,321 times
Every time someone insults Guinness a leprechaun dies, y'know.

(totally OT, I know, but I figure this thread hasn't been about the OP in a looooooonnnnng time, so what the hell)

Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Recently? How long has it been since you were in college? How many actual college credits do you have?

Talk, talk, talk. When you really do enroll... please... let us know.

I consider this an insult to students who ARE enrolled and are working very hard to actually get their degrees.
Its been since January of last year so a year.
I've been attending school since 2008 and plan on going back this month.
And ive taken at least 4 classes a semester since starting.

I was put on academic probation because I missed too many classes, when it came down to it, a roof over my head was more important than going to class, I can officially go back this month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or