Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 05:28 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No. YOU are focusing on that. We have discussed this as parents. This is a parenting forum. We exchange ideas. We share feelings and experiences. YOU choose to focus on YOUR life and what YOU want. (Which, I've become convinced is some sort of Pony Express way-station where you can come in, have something to eat, a shower, then flop on the mattress for a nap on the nights you have nowhere else to go.)

You don't want to participate in a discussion. You want to cry about your life as a 22 year old with no responsibilities. Mattie is right. Take it to Relationships. I have an idea you will get a ton people saying "Poor girl. My mommie is mean too." Seriously. There's a forum for that.
What is so wrong with explaining to me WHY you think it is wrong?
If no one tells me WHY it is wrong and offers up some sort of explaination and backing to it....then how will I ever know WHY parents think the way they do?
Enlighten me, teach me, show me your perspective and open my eyes to the other side of the argument quit telling me my house my rules.

I have a lot of responsibilities.
And my mom doesn't prohibit me from staying at TG's. So I haven't been whining about it.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:33 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
If no one tells me WHY it is wrong and offers up some sort of explaination and backing to it....then how will I ever know WHY parents think the way they do?
Enlighten me, teach me, show me your perspective and open my eyes to the other side of the argument quit telling me my house my rules.

And my mom doesn't prohibit me from staying at TG's. So I haven't been whining about it.
Why WE think you are wrong doesn't matter. Since you still live largely at home, the only opinion that should matter to YOU is that of your mother.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:

This thread isn't about you, though. It's about someone else's specific problem with a disrespectful teenager. "But why why why" is irrelevant.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:42 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
Quote:

Txt- I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand. I am paying the mortgage, the power, the water, for the carpet, tile, wood floors that you are wearing down, the bed, the food, the wear and tear on the doors that open and close, the wear and tear on the driveway, and a million other things in MY house. I get to set the rules. I could set a rule that everyone has to crab walk inside the house every Tuesday. The rules don't have to make sense to you. They are MY rules. If you don't like it, you don't have to live in MY house. When you have your own place, you get to make the rules.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Why WE think you are wrong doesn't matter. Since you still live largely at home, the only opinion that should matter to YOU is that of your mother.
No, dammit. *Sighs*.
I want to know WHY parents are against their adult children who still live at home spending the night at boyfriend/girlfriends house. This has nothing to do with what I do. I just want to know WHY some parents are against it.

Is it a religious thing?
Against premarital sex?
Is it against your beliefs?
What is it?
Help me understand.

Please don't make me turn to Yahoo!Answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This thread isn't about you, though. It's about someone else's specific problem with a disrespectful teenager. "But why why why" is irrelevant.
And I am not trying to make it about me.
I am trying to understand WHY sleeping at a SO's house while you still live at home is viewed as inappropriate to some...

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Txt- I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand. I am paying the mortgage, the power, the water, for the carpet, tile, wood floors that you are wearing down, the bed, the food, the wear and tear on the doors that open and close, the wear and tear on the driveway, and a million other things in MY house. I get to set the rules. I could set a rule that everyone has to crab walk inside the house every Tuesday. The rules don't have to make sense to you. They are MY rules. If you don't like it, you don't have to live in MY house. When you have your own place, you get to make the rules.
I understand you can make any rules you want....
But I want to know WHY, why is it viewed as inappropriate, why don't some parents allow it..

Why are you prohibiting it?
What's your reasoning behind it?
I am trying to understand this.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:06 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
OHMYGOD

THATS WORSE!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, we're focusing on the act of spending the night with an SO while living at home with your parents.

What about that is wrong?
If I get another half-assed answer that doesn't address WHY it is such a horrible thing that should be forbidden I am pretty sure I am going to explode, those of you colorado people will see a giant explosion in the DTC area.

Promise?

Parents get to set the rule of their house.
If adult children don't like it.... JustJulia will help you pack!

Old 01-18-2012, 06:11 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:

Exactly, we did not just step off the mayflower, this is not little house on the prairie, I don't see why we still need to be so conservative and prudish.

This made me LOL.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
This made me LOL.
I know right?
If we had of.....I would have already been burned at the stake..

Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skadi View Post
exactly. i already lived in my then bf's apartment at 17 and i turned out just fine, i dont know what slbailey has hangups about, but it sounds uptight and 18th century.
This also have me LOL

Old 01-18-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Really? Spending the night with someone then going back home to mommy and daddy's? Either be a child or be an adult- You can't choose to be both.
People often enjoy the bonding of sleeping in the same bed. I fail to see how living at home but sleeping occasionally at ones mates house is the barometer of adulthood or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting