Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 06:54 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,030,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbailey617 View Post
Honestly, my wife and I have chatted and it really boils down to a lack of respect. He doesn't treat us like parents. Last night, CHRISTMAS NIGHT, he left the family party to go spend the night at her house and didn't even say good bye or merry christmas or anything to his mother or me. Other family members are starting to notice how disrespectfully he treats us.
It's the drugs. The gf's parents are easy, so who knows what else is going on there.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:55 AM

262 posts, read 550,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isisthea View Post
You are a good responsible parent. While he is 18 he still lives under your roof and what you says goes. I cannot believe his g/f parents are ok with him sleeping over in the same bed.....
Could you also explain what is the problem with sleeping in one bed?

Old 12-26-2010, 06:55 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slbailey617 View Post
Our 18 year old son still lives with us and we've made it very clear to him that we do not approve of him spending the night at his girlfriends house. She is also 18 and lives with her parents. Her parents have no objection and even let them sleep in the same bed. This makes my wife and I absolutely crazy because it goes against everything we were raised and the way we raised him. All we get is that "I'm 18 and you aren't allowed to tell me what to do." To which we've responded that come Jan 1st after the holidays, we're going to help him get his own apartment since he doesn't like the rules living here.

We don't want to kick him out but we also don't enjoy having our son thumb his nose in our face and say "I'll do what I want and you can't stop me."

Steve
God Bless you!

It sounds like you have good strong moral values. It's a shame that young people think with their hormones! It also sounds like his girlfriends parents are of low moral character.

A dose of reality may may help.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
God Bless you!

It sounds like you have good strong moral values. It's a shame that young people think with their hormones! It also sounds like his girlfriends parents are of low moral character.

Omg, sleeping in one bed has nothing to do with hormones. With my last girlfriend I slept 4days a week in the same bed, where we didn't even had sex at all most of the time. It's just nice to sleep with your love in one bed and that's what it is about. (Atleast for me.)

Old 12-26-2010, 07:00 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
God Bless you!

Thats close minded thinking......you can't force your moral values on other people , and in teens its causes them to rebell. Its not fair and its not right..... Hormones are natural , why are we the only mammal / Animal that restricts natures natural course......as long as there doing it safely theres nothing wrong with it.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramH View Post
Omg, sleeping in one bed has nothing to do with hormones. With my last girlfriend I slept 4days a week in the same bed, where we didn't even had sex at all most of the time. It's just nice to sleep with your love in one bed and that's what it is about. (Atleast for me.)
You obviously aren't a parent of teens.

Sex should be saved for marriage.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:

No I am a teen, telling you honestly, that sleeping in one bed is not about sex. Well a teen, I'm 20.

I have No problems at all with my parents and never had about this sort of issues. We openly tell each other about who we are together with. We are all catholic, but it's 2010.

Saying sex should be saved for marriage is just your opinion and is lame to tell someone else should do. As said before, if the kids want to have sex, they will also do it when not sleeping over at eachother, but even in a car if its not possible at home. If you want to forbid a 18year old who wants to have sex with his girlfriend you will just create tension and ruin his relationship.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:07 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:

Well that often backfires and leads to pregnant and unsafe sex.....Its better to not suppress peoples hormones and let them have safe sex..... Thats also your opinion , people should not be forcing there opinions on others....history tells us that backfires.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramH View Post
No I am a teen, telling you honestly, that sleeping in one bed is not about sex. Well a teen, I'm 20.

I have No problems at all with my parents and never had about this sort of issues. We openly tell each other about who we are together with. We are all catholic, but it's 2010.

Saying sex should be saved for marriage is just your opinion and is lame to tell someone else should do. As said before, if the kids want to have sex, they will also do it when not sleeping over at eachother, but even in a car if its not possible at home. If you want to forbid a 18year old who wants to have sex with his girlfriend you will just create tension and ruin his relationship.
Teens will find a way to have sex. There is no doubt about that. I did.

But it should not be encouraged by adults. No matter how they feel about it.

God forbid that a parent act like a parent for fear of creating tension.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Teens will find a way to have sex. There is no doubt about that. I did.

But it should not be encouraged by adults. No matter how they feel about it.

God forbid that a parent act like a parent for fear of creating tension.
Encouraging is not allowing them to sleep hand in hand in one bed. Encouraging is giving them condoms or something like that.

Allowing them to sleep at eachothers place is giving them a good time.

God has nothing to do with this and is therefore a useless comment. The TS did not say anything about religious reasons but about the way their son behaved and the lack of respect he has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting