Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:40 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
It's all hearsay so I really don't know any details what happened. The thing is I used to be good friends with this kid's dad when he was going out with someone I know. The sad thing his dad doesn't believe him. The boy is under 12 So is his cousin, another boy that is saying that he has been molested by the same guy.

It really makes me mad when a parent doesn't believe their child when something like this happen especially at a young age. I think 1 reason he may not believe his son is because the dad living with him because he can't afford to live on his own right now so hes getting pretty much free rent

The guy that did it is a relative and is already on the sex offender list for a previous offense years ago.
To be honest this is not as uncommon as you think. Most of the time sex crimes are not reported for this very reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 12:42 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
You should report it to CPS immediately. In fact, in some jurisdictions it's a crime if you have reason to believe abuse has occurred and you don't report it.

Also, you should call the county probation office and report that the registered sex offender has kids living with him.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
If you don't know if it has been reported, you should report it.

This isn't something that everyone should assume someone else reported.

I don't care if you only heard it 3rd party. If nothing happened, the authorities will determine that nothing happened.

When a child says he/she was molested, nobody but the authorities should make a determination.

You don't need to hear if from the child first hand to make a report.

Just hearing 3rd party that the child made an accusation and nobody is believing him is enough reason to make a report.

ESPECIALLY SINCE SEXUAL MOLESTATION RUNS IN THE FAMILY!
Most people still don't realize that almost all molestation is done within the family.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
It's simple. Ask the children you've been told have been molested if they've been molested and if they confirm what you've been told then report it.

Then let the relevant authorities get to the truth of the matter.

Do not let them stay in danger of being molested further because their parent/whoever doesn't believe them. If they are under 12 it is highly unlikely they are making it up. You have a moral responsibility to do your utmost to prevent this from happening to them again, if you can.

Yeah well there are large groups of people from orange county who might disagree with you on that one.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
By law people are supposed to report suspected child abuse. Even adult abuse.

It sounds like the father may be pimping out his own son for free rent. That will do incredible damage to the child.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:51 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Yeah well there are large groups of people from orange county who might disagree with you on that one.
I said it's highly unlikely, not impossible. These two kids do not deserve to be judged on the backs of that case.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:52 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
Report it immediately! I am sorry that this happen to these children but if you know that this man is a registered sex offender then it is your duty to report it. It would be a great disservice to these children to continue through their lives at the hands of a monster. If something was to happen to these children that you have known, I am pretty sure you would feel a great deal of guilt after. I could not live with myself knowing that a friend's child (whether or not I was involved in their lives) was being molested and I could have done something to stop it.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I said it's highly unlikely, not impossible. These two kids do not deserve to be judged on the backs of that case.

Eh i think more likely then you think...kids create fantasies in their head...and can be manipulated by adults. This is why professionals need to talk to the children and find out what is going on.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:54 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It sounds like the father may be pimping out his own son for free rent. That will do incredible damage to the child.
Ewe, that never occurred to me. You're right that's possible.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Paganmamma, please be responsible with your comments in this thread.

This thread is about a particular situation the OP shared, not general debate about child molestation.

I'm sure you don't want to discourage the OP from reporting this, but your natural tendancy to debate anything could result in just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting