U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 04:59 PM

8,004 posts, read 9,671,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
OMG these folks have not contacted you since before Christmas, not returned your phone calls and obviously don't want you and you STILL think everything is a go? You are too clueless for words. Your ability to decipher social communication/ expression or lack there of is extremely troublesome. You really do need professional help.
Either that, or the 13 yo hates him so badly that he's been deflecting phone calls...telling his folks it's "nobody/telemarketer" etc. Ya wanna tick off and make a 13 yo and his new buddy (18 yo)....really screw with your life and make you miserable? Stalk them and let them know how you're gonna "straighten them out"! Believe me, your arrogance and controlling personality is truly going to (did?) come back and bite you in the arse. You think you're so much smarter than these "youngsters"? You overestimate yourself and most likely, have underestimated them. Believe me, if a parent thinks there's going to be even MORE trouble with their kids when someone else shows up at their house, they're probably going to take the path of least resistance and do whatever it takes to keep peace on the homefront! You may be family....but you're not THEIR family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 11:31 AM

4,469 posts, read 6,165,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhammerman2003 View Post
Why was I calling so frequently? It is because I know that you are home and that I would like to talk to you so I can get some last minute questions answered as I have a problem and I need your answer otherwise I can't continue to do what I was doing. It isn't exactly good manners when you don't pickup the phone either especially if it's someone calling a few time zones away and it's saving them a few bucks on the phone bill as it's convenient for them to call you and not you to call them?
We have caller ID. If the person for whom the call is intended is not available, it is more efficient and more accurate to allow the machine to take a message. If you call me, and I am not available, then nothing my children could tell you is going to help your situation.
If you are someone who desperately needs to speak with me-- and by that I mean my children's teachers, a few dear friends, possibly the person arranging financing for the house I'm trying to buy or the pathologist responsible for my lung biopsy-- you have my cell number. Otherwise, your concept of an emergency is not necessarily mine.
Calling the house phone forty-'leven times a day will only irritate everyone to the point where you are the last person to be called back.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhammerman2003 View Post
I find it extremely rude and hurtful when someone doesn't return your phone call in a timely manner. I don't care if you are busy or not if you can't find time to return someones phone calls then either you don't give a darn about that person or you are doing to hurt and despite them or flat out being rude.
Email is probably your friend at this point.
I'll call someone once in a day, if I need to speak with them. Twice (once morning, once afternoon) if it's dire, like telling my cousin my mother just died or something. Every hour is, to my way of thinking and according to my upbringing, unspeakably rude-- so "well, I was brought up to think" is probably not a compelling argument, particularly if meanwhile, you are, yourself, acting like an arsehole.
If I'd tried to reach someone since Christmas and we'd not spoken, I'd probably email or facebook-message them: "Kenny Bob, Aunt Lurleen died and left you something. Call me after dinner your time, my kids'll be in bed by then." And if Kenny-Bob doesn't call back...oh well.

Last edited by Aconite; 01-03-2011 at 11:47 AM..

Old 01-03-2011, 11:40 AM

x

Last edited by Aconite; 01-03-2011 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: never mind. Thanks for the 411, everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting