U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 08:50 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,758,603 times

Advertisements

Let's just start by saying that this is not mature behavior. A mature individual would answer questions in a calm respectful manner. "Who are you talking to?" Answer: "George / Paul / Ringo... give the woman the name of the person you are talking to!! She's not asking you to provide anything unusual. I still ask my husband who he's talking to... it's normal curiosity. What do you do to keep the 'treat Mom like a mushroom' theory? Slink off without saying anything and whisper into the phone in a closet?

She's asking you about birth control? What are you telling her? Has it occured to you that she may need some reassurance that she's not going to be feeding / housing a grandchild when she's already got her adult teenager living with her? Short simple sentences... "I am on the pill Mom, no worries".

Why are you panicked over the idea of having an adult conversation about birth control? Did you run screaming from the Dr's office when you discussed it with the physician? You see it as controlling by your Mother, but I would be asking all kinds of questions if my daughter was acting as "sneaky" as you are.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,677,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is this a re-run of a previous txqueen thread?

Same answers apply as did before.
Yep, and yep. It's kind of creepy, to think that a 21-year-old woman is complaining about the same things that we complained about when we were 15. And is completely oblivious to the fact that her posts have the maturity of a 15-year-old. In terms of intelligence, mental and emotional maturity...I mean other than the objects of some of her discussions, that we just didn't have back then (cell phone and personal computers hadn't been invented yet)...it's all the same thing that we griped about, the same things we got excited about (okay we didn't have silly bands but we did have metal bangles. SAME THING)...

Just very creepy. On a mentally disturbed level.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:04 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,889,753 times
The mother has every right to be concerned that an adult daughter living under her roof is drinking, taking non-prescibed drugs, and having sex, with no means to support herself or any child that may result should contraception control fail. One of them is actually behaving like an adult and a parent. Clue: it is not the OP.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 PM

2,159 posts, read 3,738,215 times
AHHHH!! I can't take this anymore. I hope to god I don't have my grown child complain about his life as much as you do when you don't even truly have it as hard as you think you do

Old 01-07-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Was it ever hard for any of you guys to have "those talks" with your parents, the birth control, getting tested, "so where are you in your relationship type talks?"

My mom started talking to me about it today and she saw the panic in my face and quickly stopped. I must have looked like someone died because her reaction to my face was more priceless than what my face must have looked like.

I dread those conversations and absolutely like avoid them at all cost and I think she -knows- or has an idea but hasn't come out and been like I KNOW....

You are 21yrs old and get red in the face when your mom talks about sex and birth control?! Then you aren't even ready to be having sex.
You sure as heck don't act 21, that is for sure

Old 01-07-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Yep, and yep. It's kind of creepy, to think that a 21-year-old woman is complaining about the same things that we complained about when we were 15. And is completely oblivious to the fact that her posts have the maturity of a 15-year-old. In terms of intelligence, mental and emotional maturity...I mean other than the objects of some of her discussions, that we just didn't have back then (cell phone and personal computers hadn't been invented yet)...it's all the same thing that we griped about, the same things we got excited about (okay we didn't have silly bands but we did have metal bangles. SAME THING)...

Just very creepy. On a mentally disturbed level.
REP!!!

Oh, slap-it bracelets and jelly shoes too! But yeah, the stuff she complains about over and over is stuff my friends and I were complaining at 13-15yrs of age, not at 18 and definitely not at 21

Old 01-07-2011, 11:13 PM

8,004 posts, read 9,676,318 times
Every time I read another of the OPs post, I'd swear it WAS a 14-15 year old child. There are darn few 21 year olds that I can even think of who think like this! This is NOT normal behavior for a NORMAL 21 year old. Get help queenie.....seriously, get help. It isn't everyone else hon. It's YOU who has the problems. It's you who IS the problem, in all of your dramas, it's YOU who is causing all of your troubles. Seriously kid, get help, before you've burned so many bridges that there's no place left to turn. You truly need counselling.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:19 PM

5,956 posts, read 6,389,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How many hours? Who has determined you are sober? Are you driving?

Why are you out in a bar buying shots when you have no money?

Her house. Her rules. You are 21 years old. You should be thankful you have that safety net and aren't under a bridge somewhere or sleeping in a big tent with 200 of your best buddies in Kandahar Province. For pity's sake txtqueen. Suck it up! Put your head down and your shoulder into it.

If living with your mother and brother is so gosh-darn awful than don't. Quit buying shots and put that money towards first and last month's rent. Sheesh!

And while I'm on it..

We have been over this ad nauseum. The questions you should be asking us right now would be along the lines of: "Who should I use as a reference on my application for the academy?"
It was not a legit example I've never been in a bar....I was just saying.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:13 AM

36,437 posts, read 41,696,241 times
why don't you change your name from txtqueen to dramaqueen. You've got some serious problems. Hope you never get a badge and a gun.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:30 AM

2,820 posts, read 3,067,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Every time I read another of the OPs post, I'd swear it WAS a 14-15 year old child. There are darn few 21 year olds that I can even think of who think like this! This is NOT normal behavior for a NORMAL 21 year old. Get help queenie.....seriously, get help. It isn't everyone else hon. It's YOU who has the problems. It's you who IS the problem, in all of your dramas, it's YOU who is causing all of your troubles. Seriously kid, get help, before you've burned so many bridges that there's no place left to turn. You truly need counselling.
ITA! I wish I could rep you.

Obviously there will always be "negative Nancy's" in life and people who always want more, more, more, but this crosses over into mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting