U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 08:33 AM

220 posts, read 490,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
do not bad mouth the girl or tell him to give her up. tell him you understand he is in love (even if you don't approve) be outwardly supportive of the relationship. hopefully it will run its course and they will not be together too much longer as most early teen relationships.

stressing the importance of protection or sex without "going all the way" is very important, the cat is out of the bag and where there is a will there is a way. they will not stop, trying to adjust the behavior might be the best thing. or making it more difficult for them to get together without them knowing you have a hand in it.

good luck to you
Thank you.

Too late...I have already been supportive of this "relationship" against my better judgment. Now I have come to my limit and it is over. They have taken it too far. Oh...I didn't mention that I also just found out that they were having oral sex way before this first time intercourse thing. So they've already been down that road and taken it way too far. I cannot afford to just let this "run it's course" any longer, now that I see that my son's well being and future is at stake.

He did tell me that he knew that they wouldn't be together forever, but he wanted them to break-up on their own. And I told him that he has been in some arguments and drama with her before and I didn't get in it...I let them work it out themselves. But now that it's to the point where pregnancy rumors are flying around AND an 18 year-old boy is threatening to fight him...This is when I need to step in and end it for them. I told him that this girl is just not worth all of this drama...this is too much, too soon.

Last edited by MzSJP; 01-13-2011 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
The girl probably wants to get on MTV's "Teen Mom"
I really wouldn't put it past her.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Considering the OP was made on the 10th and inferred that they had "recently" had sex, I find it hard to believe that she could have any actual pregnancy signs at this point. The whole thing sounds like an attention plea predicated on the fact that she sees you moving in to limit contact and set some rules. If I recall correctly, you did sort of ban her from your house when no one is home just before this latest revelation.

While I seriously doubt she is pregnant, if she is, make sure you get every test known to man to prove paternity and make sure that they are presented with ALL the options available to them. At the very least your son seems to have gotten that dose of reality that he needed.
Yes, the "act" happened on the prior Friday (Jan 8th) and less than a week later this girl is saying she thinks she's pregnant? Come on. Also, her mother said that she had just went off of her period the week before the act, so I'm thinking that she may not have even been fertile (ovulating) at that time.

But still, I will definitely follow-up with the mother and make sure that she's gotten her period AND a negative pregnancy test. God forbid she ends up conceiving a child in the next month or two...it will not be blamed on my son.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:57 AM

4,541 posts, read 9,495,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSJP View Post
Yes, the "act" happened on the prior Friday (Jan 8th) and less than a week later this girl is saying she thinks she's pregnant? Come on. Also, her mother said that she had just went off of her period the week before the act, so I'm thinking that she may not have even been fertile (ovulating) at that time.

But still, I will definitely follow-up with the mother and make sure that she's gotten her period AND a negative pregnancy test. God forbid she ends up conceiving a child in the next month or two...it will not be blamed on my son.
The cycle starts when her period started. So unfortunately, she very well could have been ovulating.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:03 AM

43,012 posts, read 88,958,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
The cycle starts when her period started. So unfortunately, she very well could have been ovulating.
I was thinking the same thing.

All we can do is pray she's no pregnant.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:05 AM

These charts are even better and provide a better chance she wasn't ovulating because they don't include days 9 & 10:
http://www.maybebaby.com.au/gallery/images/1144828120Cycle.jpg (broken link)

But it's all a crap shoot because everyones bodies are different and young girls dont' ahve normal cycles.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:11 AM

You're right...thanks for bringing me back to reaility....That statement is more so my wishful thinking.

But my gut is telling me she's not preganant and I am praying the same.

Thanks again!

Old 01-13-2011, 09:15 AM

If I were her mother, she would be grounded every month during fertile time AND on the birth control shot. But I'm not her mother. Darn shame for her.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:17 AM

852 posts, read 1,135,627 times
Hopes beat me to the fertility chart, but all of this is making me think that I need to start beginning to have more detailed talks with my 11 y.o. about her body.

Ugh. They're too young! If I scream that enough times, will it work? OP, I can't imagine what you're going through, but I fully support the choices you're making. And I feel sorry for your son. Now someone is threatening to beat him up? Are you sleeping at all these days?

Old 01-13-2011, 09:23 AM

Yeah, I can't believe someone is threatening to beat him up. The drama. The drama. The OP is right to put an end to this relationship. It sounds like her son wasn't totally in love with this girl since he said he knew he wasn't going to be with her forever. Maybe Finster was onto something when she said that he would might feel relieved that the blame can be put on his parents for the breakup. Here's what I think: the more drama and the more fights people want to start, the better for the OP's son because those are more life lessons for his mother to use to point out how having sex with this girl was a very bad idea. She can say "An 18 year old wants to beat you up! See! Even other teens think you were wrong to have sex!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting