U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 04:57 AM

220 posts, read 489,994 times

Advertisements

The STD check makes sense. He actually has a pre scheduled doct's appointment coming up this Monday. It is just suppose to be a nurse's visit for a vaccine, but I think I will see if they can squeeze him in for a checkup. I didn't really want to put him through that, but Im thinking that all of these events are falling into place for a reason and I need to seize the moment.

I would never take the snowboarding trip away. Me forbidding him from seeing her is more than enough. Plus, I am proud of how he's been handling this so far. He is hurting, but he's doing what he needs to do (school, activities, chores, etc) even though he's said that "its hard".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 05:27 AM

852 posts, read 1,135,419 times
Take him on the snowboarding trip! All of the rest of what he's going through are natural consequences of him having sex too young and irresponsibly, and it's enough to teach him a lesson.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,319,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSJP View Post
The STD check makes sense. He actually has a pre scheduled doct's appointment coming up this Monday. It is just suppose to be a nurse's visit for a vaccine, but I think I will see if they can squeeze him in for a checkup. I didn't really want to put him through that, but Im thinking that all of these events are falling into place for a reason and I need to seize the moment.
You don't "want to put him through that?" What? I know you're trying to protect your cub, but this is exactly what he needs to be put through! This is the time you teach him the consequences of having sex when you are 14. You get to do what all the adults who have unprotected sex do: You get to go to the doctor and get checked for STDs.

This is a teaching moment. Do not feel sorry for him. Tell the doctor's office that your son has had unprotected sex and needs to get checked for STDs. Because he does! From how you've described the girl involved, and the fact that they were having oral sex for who knows how long, get him in and get him checked. If, God forbid, he has caught something treatment needs to start today.

If he's humiliated, too bad. If he's grown up enough to be having sex he has to learn all the lessons of being a grown-up.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-14-2011 at 08:55 AM..

Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM

43,012 posts, read 88,940,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
...the fact that they were having oral sex for who knows how long...
Good point. Even if he was the first boy she had sex with, she could have had oral sex with other boys. Sadly, kids are doing oral sex very young these days. I'll never forget when I was driving my son and his friends home from roller skating one evening. I heard one of the boys talking about doing oral sex with a girl. They were only 11 years old!

Old 01-14-2011, 11:20 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,520,891 times
I have been following this post. It started as a genuine request for help/advice. It has evolved into how rotten this girl is. Where is this boy's responsibility here? He didn't trip and opps his man parts fall into her girl parts.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 AM

9,002 posts, read 16,118,243 times
It could happen, .. He could have tripped and it just went in.... JK

Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 AM

2,159 posts, read 3,733,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSJP View Post
YOU aren't putting him through that, HE is, and it is a consequence of being sexually active. Besides, maybe having to be swabbed (which is a little painful for the guys) will be a little lesson to him that he is not emotionally nor physically ready to handle the responsibilities of being sexually active at 14

Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 AM

880 posts, read 1,688,014 times
Don't worry after she dumps him he'll go back to doing solos in the bathroom

Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 AM

1,420 posts, read 4,447,256 times
He was a willing partner and they were both irresponsible. There's no point in vilifying either of them now. OP, my fingers are crossed for all of you that she's not pregnant and no one has STDs. The experience of a doctor checking him for STDs will be a wake up call for your son as well.

I hope the girl's mom cares about her daughter as much as the OP does about her son.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:30 PM

43,012 posts, read 88,940,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
I have been following this post. It started as a genuine request for help/advice. It has evolved into how rotten this girl is. Where is this boy's responsibility here? He didn't trip and opps his man parts fall into her girl parts.
That's true. You're right about the unfairness of my last post. He too could have had oral sex with other girls prior to having sex with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting