U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-20-2011, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 29,726,300 times
Reputation: 14499

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I could say the same for you, except that you like vaccines., and yeah, I get THAT!
Research supports vaccines doing way more good than harm. No, they're not perfect. They just beat the alternative by a mile.

There are many people/children alive today who owe their lives to vaccines. Many more than have been harmed by vaccines (there is little evidence that vaccines hurt but the anti vaccers don't want to hear that.)

I have a child who reacts badly to vaccines (it's her immune system that results in her reactions) but she'd, probably, react many times worse to the actual diseases she's been immunized against and even if that weren't the case, vaccination is a communty effort. It's designed to benefit the community and not particpating undermines that. Even if my dd didn't attain immunity through her vaccinations, if enough members of society are vaccinated, her risk of exposure will remain low.

I think a lot of good has been done by immunizing our children. Far more good than harm as a matter of fact.

What do you think the world would look like today if we had eliminated vaccinations 15 years ago? Do you think there would be fewer children in it? I do.

 
Old 04-20-2011, 08:13 AM
 
8,313 posts, read 8,593,884 times
Reputation: 25959
Quote:
It's not vaccines that save lives...it's the miracle of antibiotics.
Many of the diseases that we vaccinate for our caused by viruses and antibiotics are useless against them. You can't cure a case of polio with antibiotics or a case of the flu.

The other serious flaw in your reasoning is the assumption that antibiotics will always be there for us. Sadly, this may not be true. Overuse of antibiotics is creating powerful bacteria that are gradually becoming resistant to antibiotics. In the future, mankind may lose the ability to treat any number diseases in this fashion.

It makes prevention of those diseases all the more critical and diseases can only be prevented through vaccination.

Prevention of disease--through scientifically established means--will always be a better alternative to trying to treat disease after it has occurred.
 
Old 04-20-2011, 09:16 AM
 
32,538 posts, read 29,356,382 times
Reputation: 32238
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I could say the same for you, except that you like vaccines., and yeah, I get THAT!
This makes no sense because I rarely post links on C-D and they've never been about vaccines.

Your point of view and the passion you have for it intrigues me and I want to investigate it more. But it's impossible with the links you provide so, once again, I must bow out of the whole debate.
 
Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 AM
 
12,445 posts, read 14,578,535 times
Reputation: 14160
Vaccine escape? Student Dies From Flu, Vaccination Effectiveness Questioned - Flu mutation: : masks N95 for children against the flu pandemic diseases, swine flu .. (http://www.issapharma.org/blog,vaccine-escape-student-dies-from-flu-vaccination-effectiveness-questioned,991477384.html - broken link) this is also happening with whooping cough in fully vaccinated people, deseases are mutating, and vaccines are not keeping them at bay.
 
Old 04-20-2011, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 29,726,300 times
Reputation: 14499
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Vaccine escape? Student Dies From Flu, Vaccination Effectiveness Questioned - Flu mutation: : masks N95 for children against the flu pandemic diseases, swine flu .. (http://www.issapharma.org/blog,vaccine-escape-student-dies-from-flu-vaccination-effectiveness-questioned,991477384.html - broken link) this is also happening with whooping cough in fully vaccinated people, deseases are mutating, and vaccines are not keeping them at bay.
So we should all stop vaccinating and let diseases just run amok . Now THAT really makes sense.

BTW, you do realize that to mutate, diseases need to spread and you can thwart the spread by having all citizens immunized. You can't stop it, however, because vaccines are not 100% effective, which is why you need EVERYONE to use them...and to keep developing new vaccines because, inevetably, diseases mutate. This isn't reason not to vaccinate. It's reason TO vaccinate.

Nothing is 100% but we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
 
Old 04-20-2011, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 29,726,300 times
Reputation: 14499
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
This makes no sense because I rarely post links on C-D and they've never been about vaccines.

Your point of view and the passion you have for it intrigues me and I want to investigate it more. But it's impossible with the links you provide so, once again, I must bow out of the whole debate.
Just take a look at history and imagine what the world would be like today if we had no vaccines. Diseases like small pox, polio and german measles would still be common. Children would be scarred, crippled, die and be born deaf (as my cousin was because her mother was exposed to measles during her pregnancy)...but, you know, that's a small price to pay to avoid those HORRIBLE vaccinations!!!! Better to let mother nature take her course and just kill off the weaker children. That would make the race, genetically, stronger. (not that I'm advocating this. I'm just looking for the silver lining in going back to a time when it was common place to have a child die as a child...you can always have more kids, right???)
 
Old 04-20-2011, 09:30 AM
 
12,445 posts, read 14,578,535 times
Reputation: 14160
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
This makes no sense because I rarely post links on C-D and they've never been about vaccines.

Your point of view and the passion you have for it intrigues me and I want to investigate it more. But it's impossible with the links you provide so, once again, I must bow out of the whole debate.
Sorry, I must have confused you with someone else..There are many, many sites that provide solid concrete, scientifically proven facts on the harm caused by vaccines,and they`re just as easy to find as the sites that promote them......A glimpse into the scary world of vaccine adjuvants is very imformative....I could name tons more, but most people here are definately NOT INTERRESTED!!
 
Old 04-20-2011, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 29,726,300 times
Reputation: 14499
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Sorry, I must have confused you with someone else..There are many, many sites that provide solid concrete, scientifically proven facts on the harm caused by vaccines,and they`re just as easy to find as the sites that promote them......A glimpse into the scary world of vaccine adjuvants is very imformative....I could name tons more, but most people here are definately NOT INTERRESTED!!
And one only needs to read history to realize there are many benefits to use of vaccines . Nothing is perfect but some things are a lot better than the alternative.

Have you even thought what the world would would be like if there were no vaccines? Be careful what you wish for, you might get it. A bug may crop up that we can't vaccinate against and you may get to watch your children die of it.
 
Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 PM
 
12,445 posts, read 14,578,535 times
Reputation: 14160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Just take a look at history and imagine what the world would be like today if we had no vaccines. Diseases like small pox, polio and german measles would still be common. Children would be scarred, crippled, die and be born deaf (as my cousin was because her mother was exposed to measles during her pregnancy)...but, you know, that's a small price to pay to avoid those HORRIBLE vaccinations!!!! Better to let mother nature take her course and just kill off the weaker children. That would make the race, genetically, stronger. (not that I'm advocating this. I'm just looking for the silver lining in going back to a time when it was common place to have a child die as a child...you can always have more kids, right???)
I think YOU should take a good look at history..you might be surprised and maybe not so quick to mock the misfortunes of others..Smallpox actually increased after vaccinations began.Hundred of thousands of people died from this disease...records show 90% of cases occured AFTER the individual was vaccinated...Many countries saw what was happening and refused vaccination....When Austrailia ended compulsory vaccination, the disease virtually disapeared..When England finally rejected vaccination, the disease decreased significantly....Jenners vaccinations were followed by so much disease and death that they were deemed dangerous, and deadly. smallpox reached it's maximum mortality AFTER vaccination was introduced. Today, after mass vacinations, cancer has more than tripled in our populations....cancers were almost unheard of in children.....not anymore.
 
Old 04-20-2011, 03:52 PM
 
4,627 posts, read 10,511,655 times
Reputation: 10324
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Sorry, I must have confused you with someone else..There are many, many sites that provide solid concrete, scientifically proven facts on the harm caused by vaccines,and they`re just as easy to find as the sites that promote them......A glimpse into the scary world of vaccine adjuvants is very imformative....I could name tons more, but most people here are definately NOT INTERRESTED!!
If there are "many sites that provide solid, concrete scientifically proven facts on the harm caused by vaccines...."

Why haven't you ever linked to one of THEM???

Instead you give the same rubbish links EVERY time you smell a thread about vaccines...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top